Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlos Bacca

This has confused me for some time throughout his career he has had an decent goal scoring record,

Atletico junior 50 in 97
Barranquilla 12 in 27
Minervan 12 in 29
Barranquilla 14 in 19
Then came his move to europe
Club Brugge 28 in 45
Sevilla 34 in 72
Milan 31 in 69
Villareal 3 in 10

What confuses me is why have a Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham ever got him.

This summer spurs spent £15 million on Llorente, Bacca went on loan to Villareal with a £15 million buy out, if I wa a spurs fan I know who i would rather have.

Comments

• Could solve our goal scoring woes....
  • He was a legend for me/ Charlton on Fifa a year or two back, if that means anything. Which it doesn’t.
  • West Ham wanted him a couple of years ago if I remember rightly.

He pretty sensibly preferred to stay at AC Milan.
  • No forward should go near Wham just look at Zazza.
  • Yeah its something that baffles me too... Is the sort of Striker that Arsenal are surely screaming out for!!
  • edited November 2017

Yeah its something that baffles me too... Is the sort of Striker that Arsenal are surely screaming out for!!

Definetly Arsenal there fans have been saying for years they need a proven goal scorer, its just weird that Bacca has constantly been ignored, unless he doesnt want to play in england
  • I reckon he's hoping for a move to a bigger Spanish team. Real and Barcelona will be needing new strikers in the next year or so.
  • I reckon he's hoping for a move to a bigger Spanish team. Real and Barcelona will be needing new strikers in the next year or so.

You are the perfect person to answer this he spent a while in spain, is there anything about him that would stop big clubs lime Arsenal,Liverpool,spurs wanting him
  • He's 31 now. If I remember correctly there's been a longstanding feeling that he's not quite good enough for the top tier. He's also had problems with injuries. It's telling that this year, as Milan have invested heavily, he was seen as surplus to requirements.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like a lot here, I don't think he fancies the weather or lifestyle in England! He will have a good life here, surrounded by people who speak the same language and customs - very important in Latin culture. These were the reasons Diego Costa was desperate to come back here.
  • edited November 2017
    SDAddick said:

He's 31 now. If I remember correctly there's been a longstanding feeling that he's not quite good enough for the top tier. He's also had problems with injuries. It's telling that this year, as Milan have invested heavily, he was seen as surplus to requirements.

Was appreciated but also seen as selfish and lazy by Milan fans. Chipped in with goals when allowed but was not considered a team player and someone who would dig in when the team struggles (as Milan often do). Also had a bust up with Montella to get dropped when they were already struggling for a goals.

A classy, composed player but he comes with baggage. You don't get many pure strikers like him these days, which is a shame.