Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Solly interview

2»

Comments

• Scoham said:

Unpopular opinion but he should not be club captain. Wish we could sign a right back who was a bit faster and better at attacking. Sentimental Solly is past it already.

I agree he shouldn't be club captain, but disagree that he's past it already

I do worry whether Solly would now be good enough in the Championship if we were promoted, but that's a problem for the future...
    I'd question whether a lot of our squad are good enough for the Championship including Solly.
    Not a scientific analysis, but it's notable that Solly in the CL Stats for the season is easily the lowest ranked defender, indeed the lowest ranked player out of those who've played a significant number of games. For someone who was a regular POTY winner and contender, that's a sad indication of his decline.
  • why didn't he play on Tuesday night, after the match KR mentioned the 7 injured players by name and "Sols" wasn't one of them.
  • Favourite Solly moment? For me it was away at Orient when Solly got the 3rd in a 3-1 win. I was so pissed that I was convinced Akpo Sodje had scored! Great day out.
  • YTS1978 said:

Favourite Solly moment? For me it was away at Orient when Solly got the 3rd in a 3-1 win. I was so pissed that I was convinced Akpo Sodje had scored! Great day out.

Easy mistake to make
  • Never forget the screamer he unleashed when we played Blackpool away, would love a few more of those!
  • Never forget the screamer he unleashed when we played Blackpool away, would love a few more of those!

Have to admit... the other times he's tried to replicate I do wonder if we had an imposter at Blackpool that day

Sometimes his shooting is something that gives a few laughs
  • I still think Silly is a very good player and has attracted some unfair criticism. Very composed player and has good positional sense. We look poorer when he doesn't play.

• No discredit to Konsa but Peterborough would have been less dangerous if Maddison had to deal with Solly instead
  • I still think Silly is a very good player and has attracted some unfair criticism. Very composed player and has good positional sense. We look poorer when he doesn't play.

A relief that along with being silly he has some sense

:wink:
  • Sponsored links:

In all seriousness I agree