Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trains to Charlton v Blackpool (Sat, Dec 23) & Gillingham (Mon, Jan 1st)

Advance warning - the only trains to Charlton station on those days are a half-hour interval service between Gillingham and Victoria.

Comments

• Advance warning - the only trains to Charlton station on those days are a half-hour interval service between Gillingham and Victoria.

Thank god the Pompey game wasn't on the 23rd, imagine 4000 Pompey fans arriving in Waterloo and trying to get to the ground!
  • Advance warning - the only trains to Charlton station on those days are a half-hour interval service between Gillingham and Victoria.

Thank god the Pompey game wasn't on the 23rd, imagine 4000 Pompey fans arriving in Waterloo and trying to get to the ground!
    They would have to do the same as me... Go to Clapham Junction and go to victoria.

Thanks rick journey to and back home has been disrupted for the last 3 years.

Not sure if they will manage an extra down train to take the Gillingham fans away, but a half hourly service is pretty inadequate for a match day. Given all Lewisham routes presumably have to go into Victoria there probably isn’t a lot of spare capacity.

They would have to do the same as me... Go to Clapham Junction and go to victoria.
    Or carry on to Waterloo and tube to North Greenwich, which I sometimes do if only Victoria trains are available
  • CatAddick said:

Advance warning - the only trains to Charlton station on those days are a half-hour interval service between Gillingham and Victoria.

Or carry on to Waterloo and tube to North Greenwich, which I sometimes do if only Victoria trains are available
    I sometimes take that route, but there would be chaos at North Greenwich with thousands of away fans as well!

Not sure if they will manage an extra down train to take the Gillingham fans away, but a half hourly service is pretty inadequate for a match day. Given all Lewisham routes presumably have to go into Victoria there probably isn’t a lot of spare capacity.
    Just as well we aren't in the Prem....can you imagine what it would be like with crowds of 25,000+.
  • Reminder, no trains from Charing Cross,Cannon St,Waterloo East or London Bridge today,also Westcombe Park,Maze Hill,
    Greenwich & Deptford closed.
    Anybody travelling to North Greenwich,buses 161,472 or 486 serve Charlton Station or 422 serves Charlton Village.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a3ce2dc21b1d/supporters-encouraged-to-plan-journeys-in-advance-on-saturday
  • And don't forget if you're coming by bus or car the new shops are extremely popular.
    The roads around Makro will be manic.
  • And don't forget if you're coming by bus or car the new shops are extremely popular.
    The roads around Makro will be manic.

Yes, bad timing. The roads between Charlton and North Greenwich at 5pm will be gridlocked with Christmas shoppers...
  • Sponsored links:

Just as well we aren't in the Prem....can you imagine what it would be like with crowds of 25,000+.
    It would have been sorted pdq because the extra road traffic would have created a gridlock for miles.
  • I thought the traffic was very light today. Normally we have to queue for almost a mile to get off the M25 onto the A2 at Junction 2 & I thought it would be worse today with everyone wanting to go to Bluewater, but at 1.20pm we sailed down the inside lane & don't stop once.

We were then at the Sun in the Sands roundabout at 1.35pm & usually there is mayhem but again no queues at all.

Then parking was easy too with plenty of spaces around the ground.

weird.
  • I arrived after kick off today after the train from Lewisham to Charlton left over 2 minutes early. Bastards
  • Reminder,half -hourly service again from/to Charlton Station,with a Sunday service on London bus services.