Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Back to The Valley Day

Worth watching again CARDs brilliant Day 5 advent calendar from last year.

Hopefully see many of you down the museum / Oak tonight

https://youtu.be/zf-LwEsX0pg

Comments

• Is it really 25 years ago, seems like yesterday.

A day I still remember vividly.
  • No matter where we roam,
    The valley is our home.
  • I've been blubbing all morning.
    Miss my Dad.
    Want to come back home :-(
  • that video brings back so many memories. soon we will have OUR Charlton back.
  • edited December 2017

My two brothers Danny and Alex, both Valley Party candidates, plus Derek Woolley and Steve Reader, Valley Party organisers plus another helper Alan Lewis in the Royal Oak before the game. Proud of what you did.

Good to see my next door neighbour Steve Reader in that photo.

• Sponsored links:

• Still the greatest day of my life. The second greatest will be the day RD is gone.
  • Happy Anniversary everybody !

We'll NEVER leave our home again !
  • Welcome home us

5th December is an important day for a couple of reasons to me. one very sad this one very happy

• that video is strong
  • I have a number of sources thank you Henry that shall remain nameless. OAFDUMP, you know the score!
  • Whatever happens, I will always love the Valley. And I will always treasure the 2016 CARD advent calendar. Top work by the genius that is @Nug
  • Clearly I'm not very good at this.

Anyway, Colin was chuffed someone had remembered his special minute in history and is looking forward to the celebration on Saturday.
  • There are five extremely happy days in my life, all of which I can remember vividly and all of which bring a tear to my eye. The day I met Ms AA, the day we were married, the day our son was born, 4-4 then 7-6 at Wembley, and it doesn't take a genius to work out the fifth. The main thing Ms AA remembers from that day is me being extremely emotional (code for blubbing my eyes out).
  • Sponsored links:

• Special day! Nug, you genius, that calendar was amazing. Last year, I looked for the next window every day like a big kid! Thanks.
  • Think I've shared my memories of the day on here before, but I'll try and dig out a picture of my 10 year old self and the old man taken at the ground on the big day.

In the meantime, happy back to the valley day everyone.

Am I right in thinking we have never lost a game on 5th Dec since 1992? Wonder if that will continue tonight in the Checkatrade, and does that competition even count if the record doesn't continue?
  • There are five extremely happy days in my life, all of which I can remember vividly and all of which bring a tear to my eye. The day I met Ms AA, the day we were married, the day our son was born, 4-4 then 7-6 at Wembley, and it doesn't take a genius to work out the fifth. The main thing Ms AA remembers from that day is me being extremely emotional (code for blubbing my eyes out).

I am struggling with the 5th, was it the day Mrs AA left you :smile:
  • Happy re-birthday to us... :smiley:
  • Happy Back to The Valley day, not sure where the 25 years have gone.
    Let's hope Roland leaves soon and those including me can back to doing what we all love.
    Following Charlton, my favorite team.
  • edited December 2018
    We are as far away from the return as the return was to England winning the world cup
  • Happy day.