Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nottingham trains

edited December 2006 in Match Day Travel
Anyone sorted out day return tickets yet ? Either as singles or as a group ?

How much they on offer for ? Syd is doing them for £27

Comments

• edited December 2006
    The best deal AFKA is to get a return to Mottingham, then just scratch out the right leg of the "M".

Bargain:-)
  • I'm going up on the Friday, back on Sunday, for the price of 18 Sterlings
  • just lookin up...

if you go up on the 9.55 and come back on the 19.40 its £22 for 2 singles. works about that much for a few different trains

return ticket is £47.50 going quite roughly every half hour

cant find a deal on midland mainline, but sure there must be one....
  • edited January 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottingham_Railway_station#London_Fares_-_from_January_2007? Unfortunately the cheaper route means you have to go via Grantham (you have to state this route on the trainline or at the station) - which is a complete dump especially when it is where Margaret Thatcher was born.
  • i'm on Syd Cheesewright's ones - £27. Might be worth giving him a buzz if interested, might be a few left.

Glad last night is out the way, roll on Forest, a proper away game.
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm on Syd Cheesewright's ones - £27. Might be worth giving him a buzz if interested, might be a few left.

Glad last night is out the way, roll on Forest, a proper away game.

Syd should have gone on GNER's (http://www.gner.co.uk) website - they are offering a 20% discount which is not available on the trainline. I think some singles are STILL available for £11.45 on the Grantham route. Alternatively a day return from London to Nottingham by service coach (National Express) is £17.80 without the advance purchase restrictions/quotas imposed by train companies - 08.30 departure from Victoria (also calls at Golders Green interchange 0900) and 19.30 departure from Nottingham are the ones I would recommend. If using National Express - coaches arrive/depart from the Broadmarsh bus station - about 200 metres north of the train station - map
  • you are obsessed with Grantham :-)
  • hehe, and we wonder why we get called Train Spotters?

*heads off to Clapham Junction*
  • rothers, your right, there are some real train 'no it alls' on this forum! I hope people like me even this theory out tho, i struggle just getting out of london bridge station from the mainline platforms from say charlton! ketters will tell you i am a retard at trains
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you are obsessed with Grantham :-)
    I actually hate Grantham. It is almost as big a dump as Worksop - I should know about Worksop as I spent eight miserable years living there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]i struggle just getting out of london bridge station from the mainline platforms from say charlton! ketters will tell you i am a retard at trains

On the few occasions I have used London Bridge I have tended to get the xx.15 or xx.45 from platform 1, the xx.30 and xx.00 from platform 4 - if possible boarding close to the 8 car stopping marker on the platform as I should alight at Charlton near to the station exit as trains are usually formed of two 4-car EMUs. I normally get the National Express coach from Sheffield to London, train from Victoria changing at Lewisham.
  • I've got a pretty rough idea of who Cheeky Bandit is
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I've got a pretty rough idea of who Cheeky Bandit is

A Charlton supporter living in Sheffield, of which there are quite a few. I did bump into one at the door of the varsity in the city centre fairly recently.
  • no it's the way you type your messages just reminds me of someone
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]no it's the way you type your messages just reminds me of someone

Well, I don't actually live in Sheffield itself - more here. I live in Hope so that we will stay up
  • anyone else on the trains tomorrow ?
  • I might be under one instead
  • lol shag cheer up!
  • hahah I know , today is one of those days ! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
  • The Sidcup line is fcuked all weekend, for those travelling into London that way.

I'm on the 9.55 from St Panc - all Stella'd up hopefully!
  • Sponsored links:

• yup i'm on the 9.55, from st pancras. sahould be good seems like the majority that are going are on that train
  • think i'm an hour later, though i have no idea what time my train is to be honest.

do the nottingham trains run through leicester, as fulham are going from st pancreas as well ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I've got a pretty rough idea of who Cheeky Bandit is

Look at his profile.... lists the British Othello website.... if that isn't a big enough clue then I don't know what is....!