Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Murray & Kelvin Mackenzie to launch new London radio stations

Comments

• I wonder if Murray has received his pay-off already??
  • edited December 2017
    TelMc32 said:

I wonder if Murray has received his pay-off already??

Do you know what Tel that thought had just crossed my mind as well.

Edit; if he has does that mean he failed to get a seat at the top table of the new set up :open_mouth:
  • A little tongue in cheek @Addickted I know well Mr Murray’s previous successes in business :wink:
  • edited December 2017
    Addickted said:

Murray is a multi millionaire with a track record of successful investments.

Don't think he's that concerned about the couple of million the Club still owes him. It just enables him to keep a toe hold in the Club.

Maybe or maybe it's a bit of loose change he's just come / coming into and fancies a punt into broadcasting. Don't you just love a conspiracy theory though :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

A little tongue in cheek @Addickted I know well Mr Murray’s previous successes in business :wink:

How? Did you ask a friend?
  • Mackenzie made £100 million in the sale of TalkSport?....that's depressing.
  • And Paul Elliot has been talking to him amongst others as part of his 'bid'.
  • Kelvin Mackenzie forming a radio station is a clear sign that the wingnuts are looking for an actual foothold in the UK media scene. Fuck them all. I hope their efforts come to nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

And Paul Elliot has been talking to him amongst others as part of his 'bid'.

Really ????

Surely any alliance with this pillock( KMac) would end in tears !
  • Kelvin Mackenzie is a nasty piece of work so it makes sense that Murray attaches himself with him considering his recent business partnerships . - I hope they both lose shit loads of money .
  • Jeez. Hope this has no connection to any takeover rumours.
  • Investors aside, I think it's a great idea
  • It has to be said that the venture has some pretty impressive backers, when you look at how Bristol City and Saracens have progressed over the last few years
  • edited December 2017
    Murray has clearly got a taste for getting into bed with fucking wankers over the last few years.

Mackenzie is next level, so fair play Rich that’s a step up
  • edited December 2017
    Addickted said:

Murray is a multi millionaire with a track record of successful investments.

Don't think he's that concerned about the couple of million the Club still owes him. It just enables him to keep a toe hold in the Club.

It’s good that he’s got a track record of success in other things. In football, the last decade of largely unmitigated failure has stained reputations somewhat
  • Addickted said:

And Paul Elliot has been talking to him amongst others as part of his 'bid'.

Really ????

Surely any alliance with this pillock( KMac) would end in tears !
    Double pillock.
  • se9addick said:

Murray has made some terrible decisions in the past 15 years but getting into bed with Mackenzie is especially depressing.

The plan was hatched over vol-au-vents with Sue Perks. In addition to free-loading at the new station, she will be running an Agony Aunt Dial-In (mirrored on a close Facebook user group) where she will listen attentively to callers before telling them to pull themselves together and that things could be much worse as she cuts them off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Clearly the fit and proper test for broadcasting is as tough as the one for owning a football club or a financial institution. Perhaps a real government might wish to regulate what is meant by "fit and proper" as the practice is a long way adrift from what the proverbial man on the Clapham omnibus might think it should mean. I wouldn't even give some of these people a dog licence.