Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The mothers taking the piss mind her own business
  • Invited me aunt and uncle round for Christmas dinner.
    Now my aunt is the sort of woman who would take any of the niece's and nephews in if they turned up out the blue.
    I only do the one meat Christmas day.
    How many meats do you they asked, is it ok we bring a joint of beef round.
    No problem.
    Me cousins coming round, she doesn't like the gravy her boyfriends Mums does.
    Can we do the gravy aunt asked.
    Is there anything you want us to cook.
    What about roast potatoes.
    Then get shall we do dinner round our house.
    Thinking to myself you might as well.
    It's funny really as we have both sets of parents coming for dinner and me and the wife would tell them what's what.
    I just hope no one wants wings or Turkey legs as doing the Turkey roll.
  • When they were alive, my wife's parents didn't do Christmas and so that side of the family wasn't an issue.
    Generally we have always had our own Christmases as geographically we weren't close to any relations.

This year we are spending boxing day with my most genial sister and brother in law - they will be good. However my mum is incredibly negative about everything including presents she receives. We also have some underlying issues which have developed in the last couple of years. Will be interesting to see how the day goes.
  • My in laws are actually fine, but like anything that is fine it is better appreciated if you don’t have it all the time..
  • The three day rule must be applied (though I have tried and failed to persuade my wife that it's the two day rule).
    If you get to day four all the tensions come out and civilisation breaks down.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am two days in to a five day big family Christmas, constant headache from listening to my sister in law screech at her kids, who as much as I love them are just the right mix of badly behaved, rude & spoiled that really brings the festive magic alive, then you add my gran who somehow is even more childish about losing any game then the kids and I have just found out that I have been volunteered to play Monopoly with them all this afternoon, no chance of that game ending badly.

Merry Christmas! :-)

Sounds fun....
  • Well I’m working this year.
    Apart from being with the wife and kids in the morning I’m really not that fussed as the rest of the day just gets on my tits!
  • Just me, the Mrs and the kids. The in laws boxing day, and my family day after. Works out nicely. Used to visit my dad's parents with about 100 cousins every year, plus my mum's parents would expect an invite round for lunch. Used to love it as a kid, but only just realised that my parent's despised it and dreaded it every year. The innocence of youth and all that, but I have a really, really odd family
  • McBobbin said:

Just me, the Mrs and the kids. The in laws boxing day, and my family day after. Works out nicely. Used to visit my dad's parents with about 100 cousins every year, plus my mum's parents would expect an invite round for lunch. Used to love it as a kid, but only just realised that my parent's despised it and dreaded it every year. The innocence of youth and all that, but I have a really, really odd family

You're not alone....
  • We are going out for Christmas Dinner tonight £23 instead of £75 Christmas Day same menu. Gives us more time with the kids. Plus I might be a little worse for wear in the morning.
  • I’m going to pick my mum up in a bit and we’ve got the Father in law and his wife coming over tomorrow. Get on really well with them and am looking forward to the day (as I always do). It’s not quite so good when it’s the MIL’s turn as neither of us like her husband and it’s always tense when they’re over.

The house is done so once I get back from mums, drinks will be poured, th Scrooge dvd will go on and Christmas will begin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds nice Russ.

McBobbin you are not alone believe me... odd behaviour by a family member makes my Christmas very tense.

Bah ducking humbug. Have a good one all.
  • Just to balance things out on here as most of you seem miserable so & so's & would be better off spending December on Alcatraz.

Will be spending xmas eve & xmas day with my g/friend - just the two of us & will be doing a full Turkey dinner with it cold for supper. Boxing day at Southend & back to see the kids in the late afternoon & evening (they are spending xmas day with the ex-wife, her mum, their uncle (who is a manic depressive) and then they will get my presents.

No tantrums, no hassle, no problems. The joys of being divorced.

• Divorced fine. But No time to see your own parents then Golf?

It’s easy to make comments like that when you have no idea what others have to put up with.
  • Round my old mans tonight with my girlfriend and sister for dinner then out to his local for some drinks.

Breakfast with mother, step dad, girlfriend, sister, step sis and her partner tomorrow then to the pub before having Christmas dinner at my dads.

Boxing Day tradition means I have to strap some boots on and play football at my local football club. Then a quiz and plenty of booze.

Then off to the girlfriends parents day after Boxing Day for more food and drink.

Couldn’t be any better!

Quit moaning you lot :wink:
  • A great start to Christmas today with my usual walk with our dogs in the school fields, surrounded by care homes we/I was treated to drinks from some the old folk while the dogs have presents! Now home, we have just given a box of milk tray a good hiding and the drinks are flowing. Tomorrow is an early start to get them walked before going to my daughters for dinner......
  • Yes it exists....
  • Just to balance things out on here as most of you seem miserable so & so's & would be better off spending December on Alcatraz.

Will be spending xmas eve & xmas day with my g/friend - just the two of us & will be doing a full Turkey dinner with it cold for supper. Boxing day at Southend & back to see the kids in the late afternoon & evening (they are spending xmas day with the ex-wife, her mum, their uncle (who is a manic depressive) and then they will get my presents.

No tantrums, no hassle, no problems. The joys of being divorced.

Just curious - why is this important?
  • Oakster said:

Full on Christmassy here in the Rockies but a bit nippy at -28 at the moment! Also what appears to be Cougar tracks in the snow on the back deck so Santa better be careful with those reindeer later...

What is it that attracts you to live in these sub zero temperatures ?

I'm not wishing to sound rude and obviously it's your choice, so that's all good.

I just can't see the attraction. The Valley was bad enough yesterday and apparently it was 9C, although a cold wind.