Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace Jim

edited September 2008 in Rumours
For those who used to follow Charlton between 88-95(would have been around 16+ years old) will know a fella called Palase Jim?

He was Charlton through and through (I think he lived over that way hence the nickname?)

Anyway was talking to a bod last Saturday and his name cropped up I was then told he had passed away???

Does anyone know if this is true?

I know ON_IT deffo knows who i'm on about does anyone else?

Comments

• very strange fella. Seemed particularly harmless, bit of a figure of fun, but also harboured very extreme views.

Passed away ?
  • Don't know mate?

He would only be a bit older then me (35)

Didn't know if someone on here might know more?
  • i remember palace jim.

not sure entirely sure who Terry Naylor is though - but I think I could have a good guess.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]i remember palace jim.

not sure entirely sure who Terry Naylor is though - but I think I could have a good guess.

Terry Naylor is an enigma, he doesn't exist.

I vaguely remember the name palace Jim.
  • Terry Nayor fullback we got from Spurs who won player of the year and once chinned a carlyle fan who run on the pitch.

The other has ahd more names than fishnets
  • I've only had about 3 or 4?

Thats the norm isnt it?

LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I've only had about 3 or 4?

Thats the norm isnt it?

LOL!

sssshhhh, you dont exist
  • S**t sorry!!

Da9 check the thread about best days out!
  • will do
  • I'm sure Eddieaddick will remember the coach to Blackburn away

'we all agree, Jim and Eddie are lovers'

Also remember Jim being keen on a service station prostitute that lets just say wouldn't even come close to making one of Fishnets 'would you' threads
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]S**t sorry!!

Da9 check the thread about best days out!

Cant find it mate. link???
  • DA9

Best thing you have ever done thread!

It wasen't a bad weekend!!
  • Thanks AFKA i still have nightmares.

Palace Jim knew me ,NLA, Larry Lamb, Fat Rob Etc travelled quite a lot with us through the early 90s was a strange guy but totaly Charlton even with that nickname saw him a few years a go and he had put on a shed load of weight was twice my size and im no light weight meself hadn't seen or heard of him since then

RIP m8
  • Last time i saw palace Jim was years back before the north upper had been built or even considered being built, he was the butt of many an away day but followed us through some bad times and yes he could be odd at times, Just spoke to fatrob and he bumped into him a few years back but hadnt seen him for years also.

Hope this isnt true tbh was a nice enough fella but he had gone up a good size in weight which was truely shocking.

if anything he was a real charecter would be nice if we can find out the truth behind this
  • Just one of a small band of followers at the time that really kept the club alive.

From my memories the guy would never hurt a fly but never 'bit' at any abuse he got from, well, 'everyone' at the time
  • Remember the name but can't put a face to it. Anyone got a picture?