Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away travel for an Ex pat

After 22 years of living in Oz I will be doing a quick visit for a week to see my Mum end of Feb and the only match I will be able to get to is the Wimbledon away. I'll be going alone like a Nigel no mates. Is the Valley coach the best option or train?
Gutted about the timing as I've not been to a home game in years but it's the only dates I can do due to work

Thanks

Comments

• bad luck mate, awful ground and fans not much better.
  • Depends on where you are travelling from. Hard part may be getting a match ticket
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Depends on where you are travelling from. Hard part may be getting a match ticket

Will be travelling from Charlton as I'll stay at my sisters for the week I'm there
  • leefender said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Depends on where you are travelling from. Hard part may be getting a match ticket

Will be travelling from Charlton as I'll stay at my sisters for the week I'm there
    Go by train
  • If you can get a match ticket then train to Norbiton is the easiest route from Waterloo. 10 minute walk to ground from there. As has been said already it is a dump so don't where anything smart.
  • leefender said:

After 22 years of living in Oz I will be doing a quick visit for a week to see my Mum end of Feb and the only match I will be able to get to is the Wimbledon away. I'll be going alone like a Nigel no mates. Is the Valley coach the best option or train?
    Gutted about the timing as I've not been to a home game in years but it's the only dates I can do due to work

Thanks

Are you a palace in disguise.
  • leefender said:

Thanks

Are you a palace in disguise.
    Mate, I'm from Charlton, I was born to hate Palarse
  • You’ll struggle getting a ticket if I’m honest, there pony ground holds very little
  • Mate, we’ll only get about 600 tickets for that game. I’d contact the club and let them know your situation as you’re likely to miss out otherwise.
  • You won’t struggle for a ticket as hopefully someone on here will help you out Lee.

Raise the subject again fella when the tickets are about to go on sale
  • Sponsored links:

• Why are you no longer called Pat mate?

Damn, that was my line.
  • Hello mate. Hope ya well big fella. The last 2 trips over for me I only got to away games, Bradford and Blackburn, travelling on me Todd. You’ll be in good company with our lot, I’ve yet to meet a prat going to Charlton games.
    As AFKA has said, someone on here will sort you out a ticket. It’s a long way to travel and not get a game in.

Enjoy home time lee, I got back here (perth) yesterday.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone, just got back to work.

Will raise again AFKA when just before I fly

Christian, we need to catch up for a beer old boy, didn't know you were back in Perth
  • Have changed flights so I will make it to the Shrewsbury game on 24 Feb, thanks for all the responses
  • is the Shrewsbury game possibly going to be cancelled due to checkatrade clashes??
  • is the Shrewsbury game possibly going to be cancelled due to checkatrade clashes??

No I think it's the away game (this month) that gets postponed (again) if we win tomorrow night.
  • edited January 2018
    se9addick said:

is the Shrewsbury game possibly going to be cancelled due to checkatrade clashes??

No I think it's the away game (this month) that gets postponed (again) if we win tomorrow night.
    Surely a league game takes precedent over a micky mouse competition, although I'd be happy if the Shrewsbury game was re-arranged (again) as I can't make the 23rd.
  • ozaddick said:

Hello mate. Hope ya well big fella. The last 2 trips over for me I only got to away games, Bradford and Blackburn, travelling on me Todd. You’ll be in good company with our lot, I’ve yet to meet a prat going to Charlton games.
    As AFKA has said, someone on here will sort you out a ticket. It’s a long way to travel and not get a game in.

Enjoy home time lee, I got back here (perth) yesterday.

You didn't do Northampton or Bury away last season then? :wink:
  • se9addick said:

is the Shrewsbury game possibly going to be cancelled due to checkatrade clashes??

Surely a league game takes precedent over a micky mouse competition, although I'd be happy if the Shrewsbury game was re-arranged (again) as I can't make the 23rd.
    No I think the JPT game takes precedence, presumably because they have a tighter schedule to stick to than the league campaign.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok, haven't got to a game in almost 20 years, best tickets to buy?
  • leefender said:

Ok, haven't got to a game in almost 20 years, best tickets to buy?

Um, any at the Olympic stadium...?
  • I’m guessing at the valley Lee? Covered end mate.
  • leefender said:

Thanks

I'd probably fly mate, the others may take a while!
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

No I think the JPT game takes precedence, presumably because they have a tighter schedule to stick to than the league campaign.
    You'd better tell that to all those who've already booked their train tickets (again) for the Shrews game.