Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What will we moan about once RD has gone?

Comments

• edited December 2017
    skywalker said:

After uniting for what seems an age in order to fight this evil they call Roland. I was curious to know what we can fight against once he's finally walked away from our loved Charlton.

I was considering putting together a petition to have no traces of Belgium in the valley. That would include certain beers, chocolate and Robinson ;)

Thanks ! You saved me buying beer to a couple of the supporters :)
    Don't forget blood is thicker than water Luke. Plus I'm quite partial to a Trappist monk beverage. Happy new year mate.

Yours Darth :wink:
  • Carter holding back stories on the 'weirdest things to happen to you on a date' thread.
  • Jonnie Jackson's legs going.
  • I'm secretly hoping this takeover doesn't happen overnight so that Charlton Life can be distracted from talking politics.
  • Wouldn't it be great if, and I know its a big IF, we actually didn't have anything to moan at as far as CAFC is concerned and we support the new owner(s), whoever they are, as they show ambition for the club, re-involve as many fans as possible and we see an upturn again in the football, the attendance and the atmosphere. That would be my New Year wish, all fans united once again in helping to get this club back up the leagues.
    However we need RD to go first, lock, stock and barrel, and as soon as possible!!!

I'm with you Red.
  • Back to saying we should sack the manager who had just had a record breaking season and a point away from the lottery of the play offs to the prem just cos they don’t like the fact people on here love him.
  • Jeremy Corbyn
    May
    Brexit
    Terrorists

The usual, although not everything is going to be rosey straight away, but end of the day WE THE VINEGAR PISSERS WON, you crusty ponce
  • Losing to Millwall :(
  • edited December 2017
    Looks like it's started already... before/if a takeover has happened.

Did the protests work? He didn't sell because of the protests. Who played the biggest part in seeing him out the door, etc etc. What a load of guff.

• The vegan £20 note
  • Sponsored links:

• the new sofa
  • Whether Parky should have been sacked?

• SCP flat cap, his only flaw.
  • Star Wars episode 9
  • edited December 2017

SCP flat cap, his only flaw.

I took a lot of flak the other day for literally saying "Chris Powell is not the answer to all of our woes" but I will say this: That flat cap made him look dapper af.

• Lack of height in the back 4
  • Lack of creativity and forward motion in midfield 5
  • Shit keeper
  • Balls to that. I'm just going to keep moaning about RD and holding him responsible for any problems the club has for the next 10 years. I mean it seems to be working for the tories.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lack of squad depth
  • Lack of leg room it the stands will become a huge issue, in my mind anyway.
  • Would ROT and CARD break up
    Then when Roland Sells ?
  • The divs on the fb group moaning about card and rick Everitt are starting to become just a bit tiresome
  • The chip portions too big and it’s playing hell with my New Years resolution diet
  • Karl Robinson?
  • Karl Robinson?

Only for about 2 hours if he is lucky, no chance a new owner will keep him on even if he was not doing a terrible job.
  • Karl Robinson?

Only for about 2 hours if he is lucky, no chance a new owner will keep him on even if he was not doing a terrible job.
    I disagree. To sack him would likely cost the remainder of his contract wages and I don't see a new owner doing that and taking that financial hit as their first act of ownership when we are mid-table while being injured.
  • edited January 2018

Karl Robinson?

I disagree. To sack him would likely cost the remainder of his contract wages and I don't see a new owner doing that and taking that financial hit as their first act of ownership when we are mid-table while being injured.
    I will be a worried if any new owner has such little ambition that they are willing to throw away a chance at the play offs this season by sticking with a poor manager just to save themselves six months wages.
  • Then get worried.

At this point, unless the takeover is already a done deal awaiting league approval, then it would be two weeks until it is wrapped up even if announced tomorrow.

Since most (good) transfers are already negotiated prior to the window opening, not only will KR not be sacked before the end of the season, but serious money for transfers will also likely not happen this window, even with a sale. Who would they get!!?? The only people we are looking at are those KR wants. Are we going to magically get brand new targets two weeks into a January window that have not even been approached?

At this point, any new owners will likely look at what is left of the season as a transition period. They need a CEO and CFO already. I don't see a new owner sacking the manager to boot.