Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan v Charlton - Player Marks

Amos
Konsa
Sarr
Lennon
Dasilva
Kashi
Jackson
Aribo
Marshall
Ahearne-Grant
Magennis
Holmes n/a
Dijksteel n/a

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Amos 6
    Konsa 6
    Sarr 6
    Lennon 6
    Dasilva 6
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 5.5
    Ahearne-Grant 5.5
    Magennis 5.5
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a

Edited having had the night to reflect to:

Amos 7
    Konsa 6
    Sarr 7
    Lennon 6
    Dasilva 6
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 5.5
    Magennis 5.5
  • Amos 8.5 one bad spill, redeemed by one incredible save at the end, and a number of other important interventions
    Konsa 8 a bit shaky at RB although looked good going forward, came into the middle to great effect
    Sarr 9 B)
    Lennon 7.5 Mostly just had to stand and watch Naby work, but got stuck in when it mattered. One bad missed header almost let them in but for the latter's intervention, and he managed to injure himself in the same play. Encouraging
    Dasilva 7 Usually right there when it mattered. Non-existent going forward this time
    Kashi 7.5 A few too many fouls as usual but got nicely stuck in
    Jackson 7 Had a great first half. As against Blackpool, might as well not have been there for the last 20, although I'm sure his presence was inspiring. JFC will be back soon hopefully, but I wouldn't rule JJ out from a role in big games, especially as a substitute.
    Aribo 8 Absolute class today and defended brilliantly
    Marshall 6.5 Dogged in defence but painful to watch with the ball. Not sure what's happened to him as an attacking force. One good through-ball
    Ahearne-Grant 7 Tireless shift but the ball didn't stick to him quite as often as you'd hope. Had all 3 of our chances and took them much as you'd expect. Useful that he can play like that though
    Magennis 6.5 Won his fair share of headers and did little else - was required to do little else
  • edited December 2017
    iFollow
    Amos 8 MOM-Much better than the Southend game. Made a couple of huge saves in the second half
    Konsa 7.5-Solid at the back, made a couple of last ditch tackles that likely prevented goals
    Sarr 7.5-Strong today, did not get bullied
    Lennon 5-Plays the ball back way too much for me. Mediocre
    DaSilva 7-Solid
    Kashi 7.5-Huge improvement from the Southend game, ran his ass off despite carrying a knock
    Jackson 6-A couple of good passes and did ok in midfield, mistake in their half almost lead to a goal. Did well enough though
    Aribo 6-Not too different from Boxing Day, good passes forward, can't complain. -1 for the stupid dive in the first 10 minutes or so. If you wanna practice diving then check out Wigan Pier
    Marshall 6-Did some good running, no complaints
    Ahearne-Grant 7- Got into great positions and was the only one who looked like scoring. Gutted he couldn't finish his chance near the end
    Magennis 5-Irrelevant

Fans-Kept it lively throughout, kept the spirits up. Well done!
  • Amos - 7.5
    Konsa - 7.5
    Sarr - 8
    Lennon - 7
    Dasilva - 6.5
    Kashi - 7
    Jackson -7
    Aribo - 7.5
    Marshall - 6
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Magennis - 5.5
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a
  • Dazzler21 said:

Amos 6
    Konsa 6
    Sarr 6
    Lennon 6
    Dasilva 6
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 5.5
    Ahearne-Grant 5.5
    Magennis 5.5
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a

Maybe I'm being harsh but I found both sides to be very poor tonight.

We did enough though.
  • Stream watching

Amos 6 point deducted for the drop
    Konsa 6
    Sarr 8 Dominated
    Lennon 7 Great that he's back
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6 Ran himself into the ground. Legend.
    Aribo 7 Going to be a terrific player
    Marshall 6.5 Good today.
    Ahearne-Grant 7 Worked his socks off up the middle. Goals will come.
    Magennis 6
  • Amos 8
    Konsa 7.5
    Sarr 7
    Lennon 8
    Dasilva 7
    Kashi 7.5
    Jackson 7
    Aribo 7
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 8
    Magennis 7
  • Amos 7
    Konsa 8
    Sarr 7
    Lennon 7
    Dasilva 8
    Kashi 8
    Jackson 7
    Aribo 8
    Marshall 8
    Ahearne-Grant 7
    Magennis 6
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos 7.5
    Konsa 8
    Sarr 8
    Lennon 7.5
    Dasilva 7
    Kashi 6.5
    Jackson 7
    Aribo 7.5
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 8
    Magennis 5.5
  • Stream, but missed the first 20 minutes or so due to VPN issues so feel free to discount my marks

Amos 7.5 heart in mouth once or twice, but some really good saves. generally solid.
    Konsa 7 couple of mistakes, but generally very good. really important defending right at the end to get ahead of the attacker and shepherd the ball out
    Sarr 8 really solid, impressive
    Lennon 6 bit hot and cold, but fairly solid
    Dasilva 7 showed some initiative and managed to turn defence into attack well a couple of times
    Kashi 6.5 some dodgy moments, but some really good ones too. too many fouls too, but felt for him in the last 20 minutes having to cover for Jackson who couldn't run anymore
    Jackson 6.5 his intelligence and experience counts for a lot. ball to find KAG late in the first half was special. can't last 90 minutes though, and shouldn't be expected to
    Aribo 7 really good first half, faded a bit second
    Marshall 7 thought he played well to be fair. really hardworking in defence and a couple of moments in attack too.
    Ahearne-Grant 6 worked really hard, bless him, but he's just useless in front of goal. felt for him playing a position i don't think he's suited to, and can't fault his effort, but really don't think he's good enough
    Magennis 5 would make much more sense playing him down the middle imo. he wasn't in the game much, and when the ball did come his way he didn't do anything useful with it.
    Holmes n/a touch of class when he came on. keeping him fit will be important
    Dijksteel n/a really impressed when he came on as well, some important tackles and blocks in the final stages
  • Amos 8 Joint MoM
    Konsa 7.5
    Sarr 8 Joint MoM
    Lennon 7
    Dasilva 7
    Kashi 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6.5
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 7
    Magennis 6.5
  • edited December 2017
    Amos 6.5
    Konsa 7
    Sarr 6
    Lennon 6
    Dasilva 6
    Kashi 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 6
    Magennis 6
    Holmes n/a Roy of the Rovers shocking over hit free kick late on put it in the mixer!
    Dijksteel n/a Very impressive 15 mins used his height and pace well
  • Ifollow

Amos 8
    Konsa 8
    Sarr 7.5
    Lennon 7.5
    Dasilva 7
    Kashi 6.5
    Jackson 6.5
    Aribo 7
    Marshall 7
    Ahearne-Grant 6
    Magennis 5.5

Horrible game with a team that looked like it was only 50% fit, sat back with the odd break away, time wasted and rode our luck. However it was exactly what we needed. well played lads
  • Amos 8 some vital saves 2nd half, kicking has gotten better (barring his very first)
    Konsa 7.5 good at RB and CB, got forward well
    Sarr 8.5 MOTM several important tackles and headers. Usually distributed well.
    Lennon 7.5 first time I've seen him play, I was impressed. Good distribution too.
    Dasilva 7.5 consistent, got back and forth well down the wing
    Kashi 7.5 all over the pitch, gave away one or two fks but made up for it by harrying and harassing their players
    Jackson 8 the leader we've been missing. Quiet towards the end as you'd expect but held the team together well
    Aribo 7 not the gut-busting runner of times past but think he did well enough as a box to box midfielder
    Marshall 6.5 better from him, still not as quick as touted and often too narrow for my liking but put in a shift
    Ahearne-Grant 7 good movement and pace but finishing let him down
    Magennis 6.5 best game I've seen from him for a long time, actually won headers and held up possession at times but also quite wayward with his passes
    Holmes n/a looked lively
    Dijksteel n/a I like the look of him
  • edited December 2017
    At the game

Amos - 8.0
    Konsa - 7.5
    Sarr - 8.5
    Lennon - 7.0
    Dasilva - 7.0
    Kashi - 7.5
    Jackson - 7.0
    Aribo - 7.0
    Marshall - 7.0
    Ahearne-Grant 7.0
    Magennis 6.5
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a
  • Amos 7 Dependable
    Konsa 8 Great presence
    Da Silva 8 Great consistency
    Sarr 7 Massive improvement after Southend
    Lennon 8 Solid
    Kashi 7 See Sarr
    Jackson 9 Worked his socks off
    Aribo 6 Continues to grow in confidence
    Marshall 6 Will be key in second half of the season
    Magennis 6 Worked hard
    Ahearne Grant 6 Foraged well up front
  • Amos 8
    Konsa 8
    Sarr 8
    Lennon 7
    Dasilva 7
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 7
    Magennis 6
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a

• Sponsored links:

• Was there

Amos- 8
    Konsa -8 wasn't a fan of him at right back last year but in 2 games this season he's been superb and vitally adds to height with other 2 others playing c.b
    Da Silva - 7 exceptional talent but quiet tonight, will play for England without a doubt.
    Lennon - 8.5 man of match, not as involved as Sarr but don't underestimate how key a good organiser is and in my opinion is why the Konsa, Bauer, Sarr combos haven't worked too well.
    Sarr - 8.5 immense a real rock at back and also playing slightly out of position being on the right side of cbs.
    Kashi - 7, quiet but effective.
    Jackson - 7.5 again like Lennon, involved less but his organising and presence really helped. Needed to be subbed after 75
    Aribo - 8 very good performance, broke up player better than I've seen him and also drove on well to relieve pressure.
    Mcgennis - 6.5 defended well which is probaby why he was picked there but don't think he done enough to bully Byrne
    Marshall - 6.5 much like mcgennis, tracked back well but not enough of a threat.
    Aherne Grant - 7.5 everything in his performance apart from a goal, superb work rate and channel running, also kept possession Well. Really like the kid and believe he can definatly improve and is worth keeping.

Subs - not enough time really.
  • Of ifollow

Amos 7
    Konsa 7
    Sarr 8 mom
    Lennon 6.5
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 6.5
    Magennis 6
  • Great to see such high scores for Sarr
  • At the game

Amos 7.5
    Konsa 7.5
    Sarr 7.5
    Lennon 7.5
    Dasilva 7.5
    Kashi 7
    Jackson 7
    Aribo 7
    Marshall 7
    Ahearne-Grant 7.5
    Magennis 7
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a
  • se9addick said:

Great to see such high scores for Sarr

Now you've done it...
  • Amos 7
    Konsa 7
    Sarr 5
    Lennon 5
    Dasilva 7
    Kashi 6
    Jackson 6
    Aribo 6.5
    Marshall 6
    Ahearne-Grant 6
    Magennis 5
    Holmes n/a
    Dijksteel n/a
    Can't see where some of these high scores are from, for example Sarr played ball to opposition at least three times in dangerous positions from weak clearances similar for Kashi. I think the point has gone to some heads!
  • edited December 2017
    :/
  • edited December 2017
    :cry:
  • Sarr nearly cost us on several occasions especially week clearance to edge of box that resulted in shot and great save from Amos. Marshall held the ball well and got us away from edge of our own box on numerous occasions especially first half. Deranged?
    Lot of shite talked about last night, Wigan were poor, Grigg can stay there and either side could of won. My major concern was risking Holmes and my major plus was Djiksteel's classy cameo.
  • edited December 2017
    :angry: