Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko on takeover and his recent performances

Comments

• Don’t get too high don’t get too low - where have we heard that before?

Also doesn’t sound like the takeover is imminent from his comments
  • Very non committal. Just says the right things imo.
  • edited December 2017
    Always the diplomat. Poor sod is probably still having nightmares when he had his evening cancelled 2/3 years ago, so he could be part of the club crash cushion, to deflect questions away from the CEO, to cover up her incompetence
  • Like Robinson he's not going to say it's close even if it is. Even if it was close he wouldn't necessarily know.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long, Roland sells 100% of the club, ground etc and we get an owner that can take the club forward.
  • She stitched him up at that disaster of a meeting a few years back. I doubt he has forgotten that.
  • edited December 2017
    Caretaker manager if robbo is ever sacked
  • Just waiting for the book to come out when he retires.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited December 2017
    Level headed & reassuring good sense. When he is ready, & has sufficient experience, I would be very happy to see Johnnie Jackson manage Charlton.
  • Can’t wait for Jacko’s book when he retires. Would be a great read, being at notts county when they got taken over by a con man and now the Duchatelet Years.

That would be an excellent story. Even his childhood is interesting, as he would climb railings to play tennis with his mate James Ward!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2078061/Johnnie-Jackson-James-Ward-interview.html
  • LouisMend said:

He says “we go again” at one point as well, very Powell that.

But he didn't say, " .... and we move on".

Not yet ready to be Charlton manager.

• MrLargo said:

vff said:

Level headed & reassuring good sense. When he is ready, & has sufficient experience, I would be very happy to see Johnnie Jackson manage Charlton.

5 years serving under Powell as first team coach, he can take over when SCP gets the England job.

Don't wish that on Powell
  • MrLargo said:

vff said:

5 years serving under Powell as first team coach, he can take over when SCP gets the England job.

Don't wish that on Powell
    Take your point. I have no desire to see The Sun portraying him as a turnip or whatever when they decide they want him out.
  • WSAWSA
    edited December 2017

She stitched him up at that disaster of a meeting a few years back. I doubt he has forgotten that.

Poor Jacko's expression in "The Lies" video of that meeting (around 2:04) ... https://youtube.com/watch?v=K7BS_hQVZ_s

• Sponsored links:

• "I had a working relationship with her"

Jacko being polite about Katrien :smile:

He obviously isn't going to say too much now but it'll be interesting to see what he says about the regime once the takeover is complete