Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Says that he watched Gillingham play yesterday & they switched from 4-2-3-1 to a flat 4-4-2 & that we need to be able to do the same. Seeing as we've played 24 games & never once changed system mid game I'm highly doubtful that he'll start now.

Also not sure how the medical team can say how long a player can last - why 25 mins & not 30 ? or 35 mins or even a full half ??
  • Says that he watched Gillingham play yesterday & they switched from 4-2-3-1 to a flat 4-4-2 & that we need to be able to do the same. Seeing as we've played 24 games & never once changed system mid game I'm highly doubtful that he'll start now.

Also not sure how the medical team can say how long a player can last - why 25 mins & not 30 ? or 35 mins or even a full half ??

Don’t think he was suggesting we match their formation. It’s being aware that they will possibly change their formation and respond.

I think the players all wear heart rate monitors (and presumably other trackers) so easy for fitness staff to tell when they're struggling.
  • Must've blown his mind seeing a team play more than one formation.