Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fit bit for xmas? My new Surge won’t work

Anyone having trouble with one? I’m relatively technical and tried loads of articles, help etc no joy. It’s replacing an old one. Updated all apps etc completely remove old one from app and Bluetooth.

I add to my iPhone 7 it gets part way then gives a Bluetooth domain error, says the tracker needs an update - tries then the error

Comments

• Either hit it or switch it off and on.
  • hmm, Fitbit are having big problems with the Surge on Apple OS', thankfully I had a windows 10 PC handy, installed it via that instead and it works with my phone (it needed an update), shocking show tho for a big company like that and a major platform.
  • razil said:

hmm, Fitbit are having big problems with the Surge on Apple OS', thankfully I had a windows 10 PC handy, installed it via that instead and it works with my phone (it needed an update), shocking show tho for a big company like that and a major platform.

I’ve had problems with my charge2, the gps via my iPhone has been playing up, my best days in my dash board never show & my total mileage is never right. As you say, shocking.
  • I have had two Fitbits and concluded they are flimsily built - neither lasted more than a year before conking out.
  • razil said:

hmm, Fitbit are having big problems with the Surge on Apple OS', thankfully I had a windows 10 PC handy, installed it via that instead and it works with my phone (it needed an update), shocking show tho for a big company like that and a major platform.

Except they are not a big company. In addition their share price is down 69% since they listed in 2015. Revenue is down too: I wonder if they'll still be around come Xmas 2018?
  • hmm thats surprising don't they have a good market share, certainly seem to have a 'good' brand