Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Year’s resolutions 2018

not really one for this in my previous years on this planet but what are everyone’s resolutions or goals for this forthcoming year

Mine are to

Say no more. I’m always to easily swayed when it comes to nights out and thus spending money etc. I’ll be 36 in Jan and although I enjoy a night out with my mates I’ve realised I’ve done more than enough in my time and although they’re fun, it’s the same old same old. Plus being 36, I’m not in my mid 20s anymore and I think that’s starting to show when looking round a crowd of fresh faced young things. It’s their time

That leads me onto my second. Be better with money. I’m not talking crypto currency warren buffet investor guru, just be more reserved on things likes nights out. I can easily do a lot of coin on a night out and ultimately have very little to show for it the next day

Read more. Really going to try and ramp up my book intake. I want to do the classics and more science (astronomy & physics based) books

Stop bleming (a term for smoking) on a night out. Don’t smoke during the week but will combine them with alcohol. Haven’t had one since Friday 15th and have had a bit to drink since then. Just got to hold firm on nights out. Really makes a difference to how bunged up I feel the next day

Continue to ramp up the Kung Fu. Started in Jan this year and really enjoying it. Realised how fulfilling it is compared to when I was just going to the gym doing the same old routines. There’s so much to learn

What about yours? I enjoyed the weight loss thread from this years from an outsiders perspective, so why not use this as a thread we can share other goals and track progress on

Comments

• Nothing. Don't believe in it. I already made a few changes to my lifestyle in 2017 with it ending up with me losing around 18 lbs in weight & will try to continue with that.
  • cabbles said:

not really one for this in my previous years on this planet but what are everyone’s resolutions or goals for this forthcoming year

Mine are to

Say no more. I’m always to easily swayed when it comes to nights out and thus spending money etc. I’ll be 36 in Jan and although I enjoy a night out with my mates I’ve realised I’ve done more than enough in my time and although they’re fun, it’s the same old same old. Plus being 36, I’m not in my mid 20s anymore and I think that’s starting to show when looking round a crowd of fresh faced young things. It’s their time

That leads me onto my second. Be better with money. I’m not talking crypto currency warren buffet investor guru, just be more reserved on things likes nights out. I can easily do a lot of coin on a night out and ultimately have very little to show for it the next day

Read more. Really going to try and ramp up my book intake. I want to do the classics and more science (astronomy & physics based) books

Stop bleming (a term for smoking) on a night out. Don’t smoke during the week but will combine them with alcohol. Haven’t had one since Friday 15th and have had a bit to drink since then. Just got to hold firm on nights out. Really makes a difference to how bunged up I feel the next day

Continue to ramp up the Kung Fu. Started in Jan this year and really enjoying it. Realised how fulfilling it is compared to when I was just going to the gym doing the same old routines. There’s so much to learn

What about yours? I enjoyed the weight loss thread from this years from an outsiders perspective, so why not use this as a thread we can share other goals and track progress on

Can you lend me a tenner?
  • edited December 2017
    1) Drinking. I have given myself a target to not drink on no more than ten days, throughout the calendar year, starting after March. Haven't been in to a local pub around my area since September, and really hoping to keep that up until the World Cup.

2) Boxing. I have started volunteering at a local boxing club, and I am hoping to begin joining in with their sessions on a weekly basis.

3) Learn a new language, hopefully get a tutor after sorting out my financial situation.

4) Add more cardio to my workouts, neglected the cardio in recent months and have been focusing on weightlifting.
  • 1) Drinking. I have given myself a target to not drink on no more than ten days of the year,

Monday’s, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays,Sunday’s,High days, holidays...what’s the 10th day ?
  • Good stuff Cabbles, i am never one to bother normally but if it was would look like this most years:
    Will start off will eat healthier, that wont even start.
    Dry January, that will last about a week if we are lucky
    try to be better with Money, never happened to date so unlikely.

Maybe i should think of some better ones, try to see more friends. Find a better job, go to Charlton more (last couple of years i have barely been, not all down to the regime.
  • I want to give up drinking, have enjoyed a cup of tea more than a beer over Christmas, however, there is a big drinking culture in the family so I’m not sure how it’s going to go - maybe that suggests more about me being a spineless wonder than anything else
  • So after a couple of beers last night I think I committed to:

1. Registering and running a Parkrun
    2. learning Spanish
    3. Writing a book

So if anyone fancies subscribing to a 200-page account of my journey round El Danson Parque, let me know

So after a couple of beers last night I think I committed to:

1. Registering and running a Parkrun
    2. learning Spanish
    3. Writing a book

So if anyone fancies subscribing to a 200-page account of my journey round El Danson Parque, let me know

Lesson one - adjectives come after the noun they describe.

Lesson two - 'de el' becomes 'del'

Parque del Danson.
  • Sponsored links:

• My new year's resolution was to be less patronising.

Damn.

Well, I think you're doing very well indeed.
  • To see charlton win
  • To see charlton win

Now you're just being ridiculous, change it to running a marathon every day for a month or something
  • I have a few.
    1. Stop making lists
    B. Be more consistent
    7. Improve my maths
  • 1.) get to some sort of handicap in golf, only started playing this year.
    2.) shift some timber - nothing too drastic
    3.) pack in the smokes - one that i know this time next year ill be saying again.
    3.) pack in the smokes - one that i know this time next year ill be saying again.

Re number 2 - I’ve got a pile of wood in my back garden and could do with a hand getting rid of it.

Re number 2 - I’ve got a pile of wood in my back garden and could do with a hand getting rid of it.
    is one of yours for a witty reply to a comment everyday @ricky_otto :wink:

is one of yours for a witty reply to a comment everyday @ricky_otto :wink:
    Yes! But you main one is to not see @DaveMehmet in person.
  • cabbles said:

Mine are to

Sounds rather similar to how I would want my year to go.

But Instead of less nights out...more.

I'm bored.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Launch my own run club for those affected by mental illness or cancer that intend to get into running for the first time.

It happens tomorrow, so fingers crossed it works out.

Best of luck to you Dazzler... Sounds a brilliant idea!!
  • To cause as little damage as possible. To sleep perchance to dream