Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fire at Woburn Safari Park

Comments

• On the other hand, there was the amazing survival of 6 dogs in the Liverpool car park fire https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/01/six-dogs-rescued-liverpool-multistorey-car-park-fire-horse-show , so not all bad news.
  • weird how there's been fires at 2 zoos in quick succession. I don't think I've ever even heard of one happening before. A connection ??? Someone with a grudge ??
  • edited January 2018

weird how there's been fires at 2 zoos in quick succession. I don't think I've ever even heard of one happening before. A connection ??? Someone with a grudge ??

Monkeys evolving?
  • weird how there's been fires at 2 zoos in quick succession. I don't think I've ever even heard of one happening before. A connection ??? Someone with a grudge ??

I wondered that - this one started in the early hours. I really hope it isn't.

A few years ago there was a fire at the rescue I worked at. Someone started it at the cat quarantine (amazingly we'd just moved the last one). It was the second fire in a couple of weeks and there were others in Kent. We had to have someone their overnight after that.

Monkeys evolving?
    or
  • Maybe we are getting paranoid or maybe there exists in society a larger number of animal abusers than we thought. They still haven't caught that SE London cat killer.
  • Just drove past.
    It's like a jungle out there.
  • seth plum said:

Maybe we are getting paranoid or maybe there exists in society a larger number of animal abusers than we thought. They still haven't caught that SE London cat killer.

Animal abuse is often under reported. There are cases where someone will kill or injure an animal and then burgle the property. The reported crime is the one with the higher sentence - burglary.

A few years back I had a student who was researching this. The injuries and acts (sometimes sexual) are horrific. She also looked into acts of cruelty towards animals carried out by young children - also some shocking examples. Many of these kids will go on to violent acts with humans in later years.

Yet another of my soap boxes.
  • It seems that a faulty generator was the likely cause.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's just what the monkeys want us to think.....