Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Kashi Role

Kashi continuously runs 50 yards back to the edge of our own box to collect a 5 yard pass from Amos to then give 15 yard pass to a full back........
Honesty if Amos is on reportedly very good money a week at Bolton can we not trust him to do the 15yd pass to the full back and allow Kashi to stay in CM where he is fecking supposed to?

It just reminds me of there being a bout of redundancies in an office and someone is desperately trying to make themself look important by actually doing nothing.

He actually brings nothing to the game in our half when we have the ball.

I have got my coaching badges but would honestly, honestly love this role explained to me and justify its worth of losing an outfield player when we have the ball and the point of making the pitch smaller in doing so.

Comments

• I’m convinced he knows he is not a part of our future plans, he doesn’t look the same player as he did earlier in the season.

I know he’s had an injury, but his game looks to have dropped a couple of gears.
  • You'd think he would be a shoe in for captain then.......
  • I would like to see Anfernee given a game there. He isn't a RB
  • His mrs sat at back of lower west with kids during early season good form. Haven’t seen her for a couple of months now. Coincides with his “loss of form”

I think he has still been one of our best players.
  • Redhenry said:

I would like to see Anfernee given a game there. He isn't a RB

I think the same. Can't doubt Kashis quality nor early season form.

Think this season will end up in mid table mediocrity so might aswell see Dijksteel given a go as believe Kashi will be leaving in the summer.
  • Would love to see Kashi getting forward more,but with the continual chopping and changing of our defense,a deep mid field player is needed,and he does break up a lot of opposition play with timely interceptions.
  • I thought he was better when we went 442 against Gillingham
  • edited January 2018
    The thread title is meant to be about the role that Robinson has bought into the team not the players ability.
  • Haha... threads go where they will, pal
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure it's about keeping the full backs high. If Kashi goes sideways it's normally to one of the centre backs who are on the corners of the box.

They then seem to feed the full backs who are on the half way line. What's meant to happen from there, I don't know. Maybe into Holmes (previously Clarke). Or work one twos with our wingers (Da Silva did manage this a couple of times with Mavididi).

Sometimes Da Silva gets a bit of a run going but neither Solly or Konsa seem to get much going on the right.
  • The thread title is meant to be about the role that Robinson has bought into the team not the players ability.

Do you remember the game at home to Brighton where they thumped us? Kishishev did the same thing every time. It allows the CBs to go slightly wider and the full backs to push up more, and pull the opposition out of position creating space for the attacking players to operate. That's the logic behind it, the problem is our players are exhausted as they have to play every game they're available for due to our lack of squad depth, resulting in a lack of movement and failure to exploit the space. Also, KR doesn't seem to be that good of a tactical coach to get the best out of the players.
  • Haha... threads go where they will, pal

But almost certainly loop back round to Brexit.
  • I thought he looked lazy in the Oldham match and his football was very negative.
  • wmcf123 said:

I thought he was better when we went 442 against Gillingham

The whole team looks better when we go 442 and the players know exactly what their roll is.

The only person who cannot see this is Robinson
  • Beardface said:

The thread title is meant to be about the role that Robinson has bought into the team not the players ability.

Do you remember the game at home to Brighton where they thumped us? Kishishev did the same thing every time. It allows the CBs to go slightly wider and the full backs to push up more, and pull the opposition out of position creating space for the attacking players to operate. That's the logic behind it, the problem is our players are exhausted as they have to play every game they're available for due to our lack of squad depth, resulting in a lack of movement and failure to exploit the space. Also, KR doesn't seem to be that good of a tactical coach to get the best out of the players.
    btw, whats happened to the beard, Beardface?
  • He ain’t no way as good as he thinks that he is
  • He ain’t no way as good as he thinks that he is

I wouldn't like to play with him that's for sure.
    The weight on the pass is never correct, gives the ball away whenever he tries anything over a 30yd pass, and the hospital balls he gives are frequent.
    He breaks up play when we don't have the ball but gives away too many free kicks in doing so.

He's not the be all and end all of he leaves.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Watching from the stream yesterday. I actually thought he played the part of a defensive midfielder pretty well. Though Oldham did give us more space then other teams and that could of been exploited more.
  • He was pony yesterday his choice of pass and the direction of play he took slowed us down to nothing

His accuracy of pass was terrible

I could’ve played in that postition better and I am shit
  • edited January 2018

He was pony yesterday his choice of pass and the direction of play he took slowed us down to nothing

His marks vary from 5.5 up to 8 on the players marks thread. All down to how we see the game I guess.
  • Shrew said:

He was pony yesterday his choice of pass and the direction of play he took slowed us down to nothing

His marks vary from 5.5 up to 8 on the players marks thread. All down to how we see the game I guess.
    Omitted the 2s and 3s out of 10 he got as well.
  • I can’t believe he got a 5.5 let alone an 8
  • edited January 2018
    He was better when he first came into the team and was basically playing as a box to box midfielder. I remember watching him bomb forwards and help create attacks before tracking back and breaking up play. It was great to watch.

Now, due to the tactics we play, he is doing the exact same job Poyet did under Powell - and the majority of fans then thought Poyet was the second coming of Christ. However like under Powell the football we are currently playing is not the greatest.
  • edited January 2018

He was better when he first came into the team and was basically playing as a box to box midfielder. I remember watching him bomb forwards and help create attacks before tracking back and breaking up play. It was great to watch.

Now, due to the tactics we play, he is doing the exact same job Poyet did under Powell - and the majority of fans then thought Poyet was the second coming of Christ. However like under Powell the football we are currently playing is not the greatest.

Diego Poyet incidentally is now playing for Pafos in the cypriot league, didn’t his agent link him with a move to Barcelona?
  • Yes, I noted this on the match thread, as it's leaving Aribo horribly swamped in the midfield areas further up the pitch, it's almost as if Kashi is playing as a 70s style sweeper