Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Lisbie “Change is needed at Charlton”

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
Full article

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/9649/lisbie-change-is-needed-at-charlton/

Good for you Super Kev, shame so few other Charlton connected people have had the balls to speak out over the last couple of years.

THERE was one overriding emotion that consumed Kevin Lisbie when he attended a Charlton match last season – sadness.

The 39-year-old striker spent 11 years at the south London club, playing more than 100 Premier League matches in a successful period for the Addicks.

But the club have slipped down the leagues, currently finding themselves in League One. And their decline has stunned Lisbie.

“I went to the final game of last season (against Swindon) and it was quite sad to see The Valley so empty,” he said. “I remember there being 25,000 people every week, and then to go there and see around 5,000 was really sad.

“There were a lot of people who looked quite upset and sad about the situation. Even though they weren’t in a position where they were going to get relegated, it looked like they were getting relegated.”

Many fans have called for owner Roland Duchatelet to sell the club, and the Belgian businessman has admitted that is a possibility following the resignation of CEO and director Katrien Meire this week.

Lisbie says the supporter are desperate for a passionate owner, to help take them back up the Football League.

“Even if Charlton got promoted, I’m not sure everybody would be happy,” he claimed. “I think people want new owners in and someone who cares about the club.

“The fans are very passionate and they really care about the club. They want someone who also cares about the club and wants to see it go in the right direction.”

Comments

• Who is Kevin Lisbon?
  • I thought Lisbie was a better better player than Lisbon to be honest.
  • Good on Superkev :+1:
  • nice one Kev. always been a fan but from others he got some abuse for not being a finisher. we only have to look at what we've had since the prem days to know in these divisions he would of been a handful and a hell of a lot better than what we have now. actually what is he up too now? still playing I heard... might be worth a call?
  • nice one Kev. always been a fan but from others he got some abuse for not being a finisher. we only have to look at what we've had since the prem days to know in these divisions he would of been a handful and a hell of a lot better than what we have now. actually what is he up too now? still playing I heard... might be worth a call?

He's 39 now mate
  • Who is Kevin Lisbon?

Scored a hat trick against Liverpool, little chap qho played up front, not good enough for us. Come on, you must remember him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kevin Lisbon once played for us in Spain in the Anglo Italian cup.

He's 39 now mate
    yeah, true. best to get him on a short contract then
  • edited January 2018
    Glad he's spoken out. Why didn't we hear this 6 months ago though?
  • Who is Kevin Lisbon?

You probably don't remember Carl Lisburn either! :)
    Or our first ever player-manager Albert London.
  • Solidgone said:

Kevin Lisbon once played for us in Spain in the Anglo Italian cup.

I thought that was Sean Newtown
  • Solidgone said:

I thought that was Sean Newtown
    It was
  • Talking of Lisbon.. so what are your views on the Lisbon treaty and Brexit?
  • edited January 2018
    Is Kevin Lisbon on that old console game , Super Star soccer, which was like a poor mans fifa?

And yes I did have it!
  • He scored a hatrick (or was it just two?) this season at the Valley. Legends game.

Well said Kev.
  • Sponsored links:

• “Even if Charlton got promoted, I’m not sure everybody would be happy,” he claimed. “I think people want new owners in and someone who cares about the club.

Bang on the money.
  • Solidgone said:

That was a Shaun Newton line.