Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Centre Half concerns

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
I see Forch is awaiting results on a scan. Normally that means bad news. With Primus back at Pompey, and Cranie preferred at RB we are seriously short at CH. Another loanee anyone ? And before someone suggests Youga or Basey for CH, nnooooooooo !!

Comments

• Options
    Semedo was bought as a centre back.
  • Options
    Cranie at centre-half and Semedo at right-back would be fine in my opinion.

Or Moo2 back at right-back with someone more effective than Sam in front of him
  • Options
    Aswad might get a game or Mambo number 5..
  • Options
    I don't think Primus' knock was serious or anything, but is he fit enough yet?
    Semedo and Cranie should both be decent.
  • Options
    Fortune is out until November but Primus is training with us and should be OK with the trip to pompey being purely precautionary (and given he's stuck in a hotel, probably a welcome chance to have a couple of days at home), but given lack of competitive games it's a bit of an ask to rely on him for 90 mins...
  • Options
    Octomus Primus is back on the south coast with pompey still, really doubt if we will see him again as he only signed a 3 month loan deal anyway. semdo was a centre back in portugal so he should be more than comfortable.

if players out for sat back four will be:

Weaver
    Mouts
    Hudson
    Semedo
    Youga.
  • Options
    not forgetting moo2 starred in our best game so far this season, we aint done much since..

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Fortune is out until November but Primus is training with us and should be OK with the trip to pompey being purely precautionary (and given he's stuck in a hotel, probably a welcome chance to have a couple of days at home), but given lack of competitive games it's a bit of an ask to rely on him for 90 mins...

I'd heard similar on Forch but had heard Primus was still at Pompey. Perhaps we'll hear definative news later on the OS. Or maybe not ....
  • Options
    just makes the Primus signing even more bloody ridiculous. Words fail me sometimes why manager do these stupid things.
  • Options
    I know there are probably a number of people eager to run naked down Floyd Road in celebration of the fact that Fortune might not be able to play but in my opinion he has done an excellent job so far alongside Hudson and we will miss him badly if he is out for very long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meanwhile, Linvoy Primus could be in contention for a starting place against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday despite a minor knee niggle sustained in a behind-closed-doors reserve friendly last Wednesday.

The defender returned to Portsmouth for treatment at the end of last week, but the problem is not thought to be serious.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    why/what, Pards couldn't help that he got an injury
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I know there are probably a number of people eager to run naked down Floyd Road in celebration of the fact that Fortune might not be able to play but in my opinion he has done an excellent job so far alongside Hudson and we will miss him badly if he is out for very long.[/quote]

Congratulations to Jon and it's nice to see a player silence his critics but i think Fortunes form is in no small part down to the guy standing beside him.
  • Options
    same old Fortune if you ask me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]same old Fortune if you ask me.

DISAGREE. I'm not a Fortune fan but he's been okay so far this season, at fault for the goal at Watford granted, but was outstanding at Doncaster last week. As said before it helps that he has Hudson next to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Meanwhile, Linvoy Primus could be in contention for a starting place against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday despite a minor knee niggle sustained in a behind-closed-doors reserve friendly last Wednesday.

The defender returned to Portsmouth for treatment at the end of last week, but the problem is not thought to be serious.

No chance won't be ready until the Ipswich game

[cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]why/what, Pards couldn't help that he got an injury

BUT he wasn't fit when he cam here Razil.