Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's up for a trip to Belgium?

Dont know about you, but i'm starting to get angry with Mr Duchatelet.
If you are interested in a little trip to Belgium to try to help him along his way, then PM me.
Will need commitment , time and a little bit of money.
No time-wasters please coz i'll soon suss you out.

Comments

• Can you be a bit more specific with your idea?
  • Brilliant! Tip the guy over the edge so he sells up. We are so close now...
  • Brilliant! Tip the guy over the edge so he sells up. We are so close now...

\is that a yes or a no?
  • Shrew said:

A good way of scaring off potential new directors

I disagree. I don’t think it would make an ounce of difference to potential new investors.
    you might be right , but I don't think it will make an ounce of difference to Roland either, sounds like he wants to be rid of us as quick as he can anyway.
  • Shrew said:

Shrew said:

I disagree. I don’t think it would make an ounce of difference to potential new investors.
    you might be right , but I don't think it will make an ounce of difference to Roland either, sounds like he wants to be rid of us as quick as he can anyway.
    You may be right, but what protest we make in Belgium isnt going to make the slightest difference with future buyers.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he does't go in the next couple of months I'd be up for another organised coach trip. Unfortunately I don't have the cash for any self funded guerrilla action, as much as I fancy it.
  • J BLOCK said:

He’s on his way, he’s admitted he’s on his way. I don’t see a trip to Belgium as necessary, would do more harm than good at this moment in time, IMO.

By making it more uncomfortable for him, he may well say sod it and give in on some of the sticking points - whether they be the price or other conditions.
  • Depending on dates, l’m sure @TelMc32 & myself will be up for it.
  • Depending on dates, l’m sure @TelMc32 & myself will be up for it.

PM'd you
  • Shrew said:

Shrew said:

I've disagreed with protests at home games - which disrupted matches at least and I've disagreed with season ticket boycotts, just don't think either work but I certainly feel this is the best approach to keep the pressure up on RD and have done for quite some time now.
  • Personally I’d leave it for now
  • Shrew said:

Shrew said:

I've disagreed with protests at home games - which disrupted matches at least and I've disagreed with season ticket boycotts, just don't think either work but I certainly feel this is the best approach to keep the pressure up on RD and have done for quite some time now.
    We won virtually every game at home with protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's a good shout.
  • Shrew said:

Shrew said:

Yes but my post wasn't actually about results, it was more about the purpose of the protest.
  • edited January 2018
    I think those who claim going to Belgium will put off potential buyers are completely wrong.

First up: it adds pressure on Roland to sell, if anything it provides increased leverage for a potential buyer.

Secondly: anyone who is purchasing the club will be more than aware of the situation, if they've got to the point of Due Diligence then I'm sure they'll have surpassed the Google and light internet browsing which would underline our situation.

Thirdly: I expect Roland's conduct during negotiations will cause alarm bells for most people, consider the recent news of a buyer pulling out.
  • edited January 2018

Dont know about you, but i'm starting to get angry with Mr Duchatelet.
    If you are interested in a little trip to Belgium to try to help him along his way, then PM me.
    Will need commitment , time and a little bit of money.
    No time-wasters please coz i'll soon suss you out.

Starting? I've been angry with him for 4 years.
  • Shrew said:

Shrew said:

Yes but my post wasn't actually about results, it was more about the purpose of the protest.
    Without digging you out, surely you had a slightly vested interest against the protests at home matches though: they were completely against the aims of the Target 20K group.

We all see different routes forward, but I have no doubt in my mind that the protests and boycott have increased the likelihood of a withdrawal.
  • LuckyReds said:

Shrew said:

Shrew said:

Without digging you out, surely you had a slightly vested interest against the protests at home matches though: they were completely against the aims of the Target 20K group.

We all see different routes forward, but I have no doubt in my mind that the protests and boycott have increased the likelihood of a withdrawal.
    Personally I was fine with the protests at home so long as the matches weren't interrupted like the mock funeral and protest marches etc. I get that the interrupting of matches had some impact for a while but towards the end I just felt interrupting matches weren't achieving anything when I think the last one lasted about 3 mins and just felt protests in Belgium made far more impact and still think they do now.
  • A protest in Belgium will neither advance nor delay a takeover.