Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life FC vs Ipswich - pitch booked, commitment needed please

All,

Right, as per the message from a few weeks ago, we're on for a game against Ipswich Town supporters on 4th Oct.

Match is to be played at Meridian Sports http://www.meridiansportsclub.co.uk with an 11am kick off. I would like to meet up between 10.15 and 10.30 so we can sort out a starting 11 / who plays where and then maybe take part in the customary warm up that is belting the ball as hard as possible at the keeper (Dave S) whilst the rest stand around shivering / trying not to puke from the night before...

If you're driving, you can leave your car in the car park there all day and pick it up after the match for the princely sum of £1. There's a bar and they do food too for after the game if needed... There are full changing/shower facilities

So far, the following have said that they can/will play, but I need a commitment now please. I appreciate that some of you are running the half marathon the next day...

GHE
Ketman
Dave Storry
BobBolder
WSS
Howitzer
RedArmySE7
Randy Andy
Blackheataddick
Luva Luva
Uncle
Ledge
Leftbehind
Northstandsteve
Oggy Red
WereByFarTheGreatest
Hillsy's Up
Peakie Rocket
Elthamaddick
roseandcrown
Paddy 7
Dave Mehmet
Drawnablank
Riscardo (reffing)

You can leave me a message here, send me a whisper or email me on matto@onetel.com but please do let me know.

JUST TO ADD - IF YOU DIDN'T REPLY BEFORE BUT WOULD STILL LIKE TO PLAY, THEN YOU ARE MOST WELCOME - PLEASE JUST LET ME KNOW

If you do have your own red kit/shirt, then please bring it along - doesn't matter what era - we'll also have some kit there just in case. Don't worry about not having a full compliment of red shorts and socks - any colour will do and again we should have spares. The pitch will cost approx £50 per team so that will need to be divided amongst us, so expect to pay £3/£4 each please.

As said before this really is about having a laugh and seeing how we get on - all ages and abilities are both welcome and encouraged... It's rolling subs and if everyone who expressed an interest confirms then we will have enough to ensure that no-one gets knackered and yet everyone gets a decent game...

Look forward to hearing from you.
CC

Comments