Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford Home

Chaka Khan Cup 3rd Round tonight, your chance to be part of history. It’s a bit cold, there’s drizzle in the air, it’s Oxford and there isn’t even Daisy about to give away some comps to Taxi Drivers. I reckon it’ll be the smallest crowd ever for a “first team” match at The Valley. Unless of cause too many of you pop along to swell the gate.

Comments

• what is the current record low attendance?
  • Will be a bigger crowd than last one in this comp.

Can almost taste Wembley.
  • edited January 2018
    I'm working in London at the moment and staying over in a cheap little hotel...Have my ticket ready for tonight (Tuesday 9th, 7:45PM K/O - for anyone who might have missed it!) and a complimentary pass to the Millennium Lounge. Expect to see some of the youngsters starting, although as there is an outside chance of getting to Wembley - he might go with a stronger line-up. Hard to say - expecting a quiet Valley.
  • timken said:

what is the current record low attendance?

741 v Fulham (U21/3?) in an earlier round eclipsing the 817 against Bradford but that was at Selhurst.
  • I reckon it'll be higher than the Fulham match. Actually going to go along to this one, not really sure why.
  • The fact we're just a few hours away from the game and there's not even a preview thread yet tells us everything we need to know about this glamour fixture.
  • Against better judgement, I have a ticket. COYA!
  • The Valley will be rockin tonight! (PS take photos of the Directors box in case potential new owners decide to turn up "under the radar").
  • cafc-west said:

I'm working in London at the moment and staying over in a cheap little hotel...Have my ticket ready for tonight (Tuesday 9th, 7:45PM K/O - for anyone who might have missed it!) and a complimentary pass to the Millennium Lounge. Expect to see some of the youngsters starting, although as there is an outside chance of getting to Wembley - he might go with a stronger line-up. Hard to say - expecting a quiet Valley.

You'll probably have the lounge to yourself!
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Roland will turn up to boost the attendance figure?
  • edited January 2018
    Club have put a preview up now: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a54b08b12110/checkatrade-trophy-preview-charlton-v-oxford-united

Sounds really exciting..."Robinson will, however, continue to be without Leon Best, Jake Forster-Caskey, Tariqe Fosu, Chris Solly, Billy Clarke, Jason Pearce and Naby Sarr who are sidelined with injury. "
    And, to further add to the excitement, "A special fold-out poster will be available in and around the ground, as well as in the club shop, for just £1.50 on Tuesday evening."
  • cafc-west said:

Isn't the Millenium Lounge open to all for Checkatrade matches ?
  • se9addick said:

cafc-west said:

Isn't the Millenium Lounge open to all for Checkatrade matches ?
    You still need a pass to get in. You need to contact the club in advance and they will leave you a complimentary pass at Reception. Think it was Charlotte Howe.
  • cafc-west said:

Club have put a preview up now: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a54b08b12110/checkatrade-trophy-preview-charlton-v-oxford-united

Sounds really exciting..."Robinson will, however, continue to be without Leon Best, Jake Forster-Caskey, Tariqe Fosu, Chris Solly, Billy Clarke, Jason Pearce and Naby Sarr who are sidelined with injury. "
    And, to further add to the excitement, "A special fold-out poster will be available in and around the ground, as well as in the club shop, for just £1.50 on Tuesday evening."

So they are selling posters (with creases in) of konsa and Holmes before they leave.
  • Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Who's likely to be in the team? Hopefully we'll see, Phillips, Dijksteel, KAG & Reeco. Who's likely to be in central defence ? Jackson to get a start!?
  • se9addick said:

Who's likely to be in the team? Hopefully we'll see, Phillips, Dijksteel, KAG & Reeco. Who's likely to be in central defence ? Jackson to get a start!?

Philips

Dijksteel Bauer Sarr DaSilva

Aribo Kashi

KAG Reeves Magennis

Reeco
  • se9addick said:

Who's likely to be in the team? Hopefully we'll see, Phillips, Dijksteel, KAG & Reeco. Who's likely to be in central defence ? Jackson to get a start!?

Philips

Dijksteel Bauer Sarr DaSilva

Aribo Kashi

KAG Reeves Magennis

Reeco
    Saar out injured
  • Cummings or Bowry for Sarr ? Barnes RB, Dijksteel CM in place of Kashi?
  • Sponsored links:

• I considered going to this as I've only previously experienced this much empty stadium in one of those crappy games at sellout (or did we have a really really low simod/milk cup game there too?) but having ventured out earlier I've now decided it's too cold for that shit.....
  • anyone going please complete the players marks after the match or tomorrow morning - thanks
  • HarryLime said:

Chaka Khan Cup 3rd Round tonight, your chance to be part of history. It’s a bit cold, there’s drizzle in the air, it’s Oxford and there isn’t even Daisy about to give away some comps to Taxi Drivers. I reckon it’ll be the smallest crowd ever for a “first team” match at The Valley. Unless of cause too many of you pop along to swell the gate.

didn't even know it was on

Call yourself a fan :-)
  • anyone going please complete the players marks after the match or tomorrow morning - thanks

Magennis 2
  • Expect fuck all and you will never be disapointed as my old dad is want to say...

Magennis 2
    Marshall 3
  • iFollow?
  • Dazzler21 said:

iFollow?

Nah, it’s just EFL games on there mate.
  • Dazzler21 said:

iFollow?

Nah, it’s just EFL games on there mate.
    :cry:
  • I’m tempted......