Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quick Question re Anchor and Hope

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Probably been asked/done before but I need a quick answer. Does anybody know the Anchor and Hope Pub in Charlton? If so any history/ current knowledge would be v useful.

Thanks

Comments

• what sort of current knowledge? who its run by - what food they do etc?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what sort of current knowledge? who its run by - what food they do etc?

TBH not really sure B trying to prep for a meeting re the A&H and I cant place it - probably due to liquid lunch. Really just trying to get some background.
  • You're going to have a meeting about the Anchor in charlton? Interesting . Hope you're not shutting it down. Only decent pub left in the area. Lovely pub.

Run by a nice family. Its right on the river front - nothing around it so its set out on its own. but has a lovely feel.

ill look up some pics
  • you wouldnt place it if you hadnt been down there before.
  • Thanks for that, as far as I know there's no danger of closure, quite the opposite in fact. Meeting tomorrow so confidentiality allowing I may have more to report. Whats the clientele like? Yourself excluded obviously - I know you're trouble! :)
  • edited September 2008
    Clientele is mainly older. Sometimes can be very quiet in there and other days packed - depending on whats on.

Its lovely pub - in the winter the older people get dressed up on a sunday afternoon in their sunday best to go down for drinks and free nibbles on the bar to listen to an entertainer crooning in the corner. Very south london. In the summer its more manic.

It will be busy tonight as they have food specials on every wednesday night.
  • best pub in charlton by a country mile
  • if the Anchor was a film... i would say its a mix between the Long Good Friday and priscilla queen of the deserts.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]if the Anchor was a film... i would say its a mix between the Long Good Friday and priscilla queen of the deserts.

LOL I may have to use that line tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• ha. Please dont as the guys might not take too kindly to it! Tho they do have drag nights down there!
  • How incorrect is that fancyapint review?
  • [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]if the Anchor was a film... i would say its a mix between the Long Good Friday and priscilla queen of the deserts.

LOL I may have to use that line tomorrow!

Yep, and some of them are quite well built, so be aware.
  • Its a wicked pub me and my family have been going down there for over 25 years, never had any trouble, lovely boozer for a weekend in the summer, took my 4 year old son down there to watch the redbull air race, they were fine with him coming in with me to get the drinks, made a fuss of him, all in all its a lovely boozer.
  • It's on a fantastically named road.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]How incorrect is that fancyapint review?

Send them an email to put them straight. Seriously, they're pretty good with that sort of thing and will likely stick it on their list of pubs to revisit in the not too distant.

Three pints out of five is probably about right though.