Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will we be a better team without Ricky?

I'm one of his biggest fans. But is it possible to be a better team without him? It sounds like Reeves had a better game today. Please discuss

Comments

• I think just lately,especially with Fosu out injured,we have been very predictable. Give the ball to Holmes and let him run with it seemed to be the mantra. Other teams soon sussed it,double marked him and we looked a bit devoid of creativity. Difficult to say if we will be a better team without him but maybe we wont be any worse if its possible to say that after losing our best player?
  • edited January 2018
    No, was our best player.

That said, I think Fosu showed some signs that he could be as good.
  • Redhenry said:

I'm one of his biggest fans. But is it possible to be a better team without him? It sounds like Reeves had a better game today. Please discuss

Only if you promise us the Takeover will happen next week and we’ll be considerably richer than yaaaaaaaaw (Man City).

Otherwise my lips are sealed!
  • We played the worst team in the league so hard to judge.

We did often play through Holmes too often but that was because he always made himself available and was often our best player.

But one man doesn't make a team.
  • If he's not replaced, absolutely not.
  • No man is an island
  • Sponsored links:

• Good player at this level and probably good enough for lower Champ so he's 100% replaceable.

The problem is, Roland won't.
  • No man is an island

Except when he's in the bath
  • edited January 2018
    At the moment, no way. You can’t be better off when your best player has gone and no sign of a replacement. Hopefully somebody else can step up.....and probably be sold.
  • This years andy Reid...
  • 100% record so far
  • Evidently a very popular fella and a great character in the dressing room......so will be a loss in more ways than one, an important feature which should not be overlooked.
  • Sponsored links:

• How can we be better without our most creative player and biggest goal-scorer? Wishful thinking....
  • No.

If we maintain our play-off position it will be a case of 'in spite of' rather than 'because of'

6 goals and 7 assists from midfield tell their own story
  • He's no Robert Lee (my hero) and we replaced him with John Robinson who was probably more hard working but Roland wont replace Holmes
  • As good as Ricky is there will be others coming and going every bit as good as him,we might be more of a team without him
  • No man is an island

How about Stephen Ireland, will he do as a replacement?
  • Ridiculous question.
  • No man is an island

Jill Ireland.
    Bet you don't remember her
  • edited January 2018

No man is an island

Jill Ireland.
    Bet you don't remember her
    Sadly I think I do, Emergency Ward 10 ? Was married to Charles Bronson :blush: