Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accident on the A2

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Accident on the A2 this morning between Falconwood and Danson involving a Clarke's Commuter coach and three cars. Closed 2 lanes and there were ambulances. I just missed it but was caught in traffic. I think some of the Medway contingent come by coach so I hope there was no one from here involved.

Comments

• I come by coach but must of got through before that... I know Maria uses Clarke's but not sure if she's working at the moment?
  • Just heard, they're all ok
  • Yeah I use Clarkes - I called our office this morning and there are no injuries on the coach - but unknown whether there are any from the others invloved.
  • whats going on with you maria? are you still going intothe office?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]whats going on with you maria? are you still going intothe office?

More importantly...Have you been paid?
  • Apparently the crash was caused by someone speeding. Sounds like they need to put a speed camera there - what do you reckon SoundAs?
    ;o)
  • I used to drive down there in the opposite direction to the rush hour and in the early 90s I would drive at about 85mph (wrong) and be overtaken by plenty, so thank God for the speed cameras is all I can say.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Apparently the crash was caused by someone speeding. Sounds like they need to put a speed camera there - what do you reckon SoundAs?
    ;o)

The problem with that stretch of road is you get people bombing up the inside lane and then cutting into the middle lane just before the Falconwood turn-off because they think they're going to get to work quicker. I take great pleasure in driving at 50mph just to slow them down and the sad thing is I've had nutters flashing me etc because I'm going too slow and they can't get to where they want to be within their 10 second timescale.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Apparently the crash was caused by someone speeding. Sounds like they need to put a speed camera there - what do you reckon SoundAs?
    ;o)
    I heard it was caused by a cyclist...
  • edited September 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]whats going on with you maria? are you still going intothe office?[/quote]

More importantly...Have you been paid?[/quote]

Not been paid yet but will be paid on or before the 30th September.

The way things stand at the moment here is that a Japanese Bank have come in for us and things are being finalised. We will either be re-employed or made redundant (with a package) so things are looking a little better than they did this time last week!

Curb-it - we were told last week that we have to keep coming into the office to be paid.

Thank you all for your kind messages over the last week.

:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• My friend is quite high up at Nomura (the bank taking over)
    he has been busy all week working on the various structures & what they will be doing going forward

What part of Lehmans do u work in again Maria?
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Apparently the crash was caused by someone speeding. Sounds like they need to put a speed camera there - what do you reckon SoundAs?
    ;o)

All Cyclist's should be hung or forced to pay Road Duty about £500 a month should cover it.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]My friend is quite high up at Nomura (the bank taking over)
    he has been busy all week working on the various structures & what they will be doing going forward

What part of Lehmans do u work in again Maria?

IBD.

Ask your friend to keep an eye out for my name and put it in the Re-Employed pile! ;o)

:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    ;o)

Ringing his bell and trying to overtake/undertake eveyone ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]The problem with that stretch of road is you get people bombing up the inside lane and then cutting into the middle lane just before the Falconwood turn-off because they think they're going to get to work quicker. I take great pleasure in driving at 50mph just to slow them down and the sad thing is I've had nutters flashing me etc because I'm going too slow and they can't get to where they want to be within their 10 second timescale.

As fun as that maybe you just frustrate the kind of people that have already shown themsleves to be somewhat hot headed, they in turn will drive faster and take even more risks because they think (falsely) that have time to make up. Really, that kind of vigilantism is just making it more likely one of these tossers will cause an accident further down the road. I fully understand why you do it but I don't think it's a sensible thing to do myself, you're better off getting out of their way.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]The problem with that stretch of road is you get people bombing up the inside lane and then cutting into the middle lane just before the Falconwood turn-off because they think they're going to get to work quicker. I take great pleasure in driving at 50mph just to slow them down and the sad thing is I've had nutters flashing me etc because I'm going too slow and they can't get to where they want to be within their 10 second timescale.

As fun as that maybe you just frustrate the kind of people that have already shown themsleves to be somewhat hot headed, they in turn will drive faster and take even more risks because they think (falsely) that have time to make up. Really, that kind of vigilantism is just making it more likely one of these tossers will cause an accident further down the road. I fully understand why you do it but I don't think it's a sensible thing to do myself, you're better off getting out of their way.

But on that stretch of road it's a 50mph speed limit and the inside lane is used for local traffic. If I moved into the middle lane to let them pass, there would be a danger that I would miss my turn-off. And in any case why would I want to break the law. But I take your point.