Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackfriars

From next week I'll be working in Blackfriars, or rather just over Blackfriars bridge into South London.

Any of you lot work in that area? Any good bars?

No more Bundesliga, bratwurst or Black Forest for me :-(

But looking forward to home matches, national hunt racing and steak and kidney pies.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I used to work at Mansion House and would go to the following boozers around Blackfriars on occasion:

The Blackfriar
    the CockPit
    Shaws Booksellers
  • You got fleet st on your doorstep plenty of boozers there. as vancouver says the blackkfriar

just over sth side of bridge the doggett and coat.
  • Yeah The Blackfriar is worth visiting just for the decor but I was in there last week and the place absolutely reaked.
  • On the south side of the river there's the Founders Arms, which is right on the river and has great views and a large area to park yourself on when it's sunny - so almost never! - or else there's the Kings Arms heading towards Waterloo or the Lord Clyde heading towards London Bridge. Both excellent pubs if you like a real ale.
  • what off it says
  • tho being serious for one minute.

How long are you there? i might try and organise a City Addicks in your honour!! Make sure your mate Gooner hater is back from Doha in time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what off it says

you forgot to type ".... is normally a load of shite!"
    :o)
  • know of a few Addicks who live near to the bridge.

The Stamford Arms is a proper locals pub if that's your thing. Doggets can be ok. I dont like the Mad hatter, but some people do. Its a fullers pub so they have ok beer.
  • edited September 2008
    Work just on the south side of blackfriars bridge myself.

Normally have my liquid lunches in Doggetts as they've got a couple of pool tables in there.

Best pub when the sun is out is the Rose & Crown. Shepherd Neame pub with a beer garden which is conveniently opposite my office. Prefer the Rose to the founders arms which is a bit touristy because of its location. The rose is tiny for when the weather isn't too good though.

Prince william henry on blackfriars road used to be a cracking pub before the old owners left. Still not too bad, a youngs pub.

Kings arms is a good shout. Proper london back street pub.

A few places on stamford street (mad hatter, slug & lettuce, stamford arms) but never really tend to use these.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]From next week I'll be working in Blackfriars, or rather just over Blackfriars bridge into South London.

Any of you lot work in that area? Any good bars?

No more Bundesliga, bratwurst or Black Forest for me :-(

But looking forward to home matches, national hunt racing and steak and kidney pies.

You can still be BFR, though ........Black Friars Red

:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]Best pub when the sun is out is the Rose & Crown. Shepherd Neame pub with a beer garden which is conveniently opposite my office. Prefer the Rose to the founders arms which is a bit touristy because of its location. The rose is tiny for when the weather isn't too good though.

Defo my pub of choice (sometimes work in Upper Ground) out of em all, but it is small.

Doggets is OK with a good view from the upstairs bars.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what off it says is usually a load of shite
  • there ya go!
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]Work just on the south side of blackfriars bridge myself.

Normally have my liquid lunches in Doggetts as they've got a couple of pool tables in there.

Best pub when the sun is out is the Rose & Crown. Shepherd Neame pub with a beer garden which is conveniently opposite my office. Prefer the Rose to the founders arms which is a bit touristy because of its location. The rose is tiny for when the weather isn't too good though.

Prince william henry on blackfriars road used to be a cracking pub before the old owners left. Still not too bad, a youngs pub.

Kings arms is a good shout. Proper london back street pub.

A few places on stamford street (mad hatter, slug & lettuce, stamford arms) but never really tend to use these.

Do you like a drink by any chance?
  • I work in Blackriars again, the Blackfriars pub smells of rotten sewage but the beer and view are good...Down Tudor Street is the Witness Box, full of posh lawyer type totty getting smashed, always a pleasant evening....The Kings Arms by Waterloo Station is a great pub, probably the best around here IMO, you often get to throw peanuts at Ian Wright. (He loves it)
    Other than that Cos bar is ok on QVS, good Thai food at lunch time. booksellers already mentioned is also good fun.

In fact lets face it any pub is good as long as there is beer...!
  • Hole In The Wall @ Waterloo anyone? For someone who prefers pubs a bit more old-school?