Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Musicians/Bands

As there appears to be quite a few musicians on CL I thought it might be a good idea to start a separate thread for those who are interested.

It could be a good place to swap ideas, ask for help when you get stuck, let others know how you're getting on and generally share playing experiences.

If anyone's interested please feel free to contribute.

Admin hope this is ok.

Comments

• edited January 2018

As there appears to be quite a few musicians on CL I thought it might be a good idea to start a separate thread for those who are interested.

It could be a good place to swap ideas, ask for help when you get stuck, let others know how you're getting on and generally share playing experiences.

If anyone's interested please feel free to contribute.

Admin hope this is ok.

Yeah, its fine Mano.

I play the cajon meself and looking into making one
  • great idea. I’m nowhere near the stage (pardon the pun) where I’m ready to inflict myself on others yet. Ive only got five chords. Mind you, people have made fortunes out of three!
  • @ricky_otto is a virtuoso on the pink oboe
  • Be very very careful!!!!!
  • @ricky_otto is a virtuoso on the pink oboe

Get him to pop round, I've old one that needs tuning. ;)
  • edited January 2018
    T_C_E said:

@ricky_otto is a virtuoso on the pink oboe

I’ll PM you my hourly rate. Or would it be by the second?!
  • T_C_E said:

@ricky_otto is a virtuoso on the pink oboe

I’ll PM you my hourly rate. Or would it be by the second?!
    Don’t charge him by the inch mate, you’ll never make any money
  • edited January 2018
    If anyone in the Ashford area is looking to see some Blues tonight, my tutor's band, Diva Blue, are doing an acoustic set at the Dog House, Evegate Business park. Just past J10 on the M20.
    They are worth seeing.
  • If anyone in the Ashford area is looking to see some Blues tonight, my tutor's band, Diva Blue, are doing an acoustic set at the Dog House, Evegate Business park. Just past J10 on the M20.
    They are worth seeing.

A good little Micropub is the Dog House
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

If anyone in the Ashford area is looking to see some Blues tonight, my tutor's band, Diva Blue, are doing an acoustic set at the Dog House, Evegate Business park. Just past J10 on the M20.
    They are worth seeing.

A good little Micropub is the Dog House
    Yep they are very vinyl friendly too.

Hoping to have another go on the mic there soon with Tracy Chapman's Telling Stories.
  • I’m a bassist. Charlton supporter since 1967, playing bass since 1972. I play in a quite few bands, but I’d be very happy to join in any CAFC related band activities to raise money for good causes.

I have a nice 1200 watt amp with 2 4x10 cabs and I’d particularly relish the opportunity to move in next door to Roland to practice
  • I know this thread hasn't really taken off, but since there are a lot of musicians here, I'd be interested in hearing any of the music people have created.

There must be a fair few of you who have youtube/soundcloud/bandcamp accounts with you or your band's songs?

Anyone willing to share?
  • I'm not very good so I only play with myself at the moment.