Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• RIP.

at least put up a picture of the actual actor FFS!
  • "End of an era"? I guess you're making some kind of "joke" - am I right?

RIP Simon. He was an actor in two very successful children's TV shows and seems to have been a very well-loved father and uncle, who will be greatly missed.

• edited January 2018
    Chizz said:

"End of an era"? I guess you're making some kind of "joke" - am I right?

RIP Simon. He was an actor in two very successful children's TV shows and seems to have been a very well-loved father and uncle, who will be greatly missed.

No, no "joke". Why the suspicion?

Is it not the end of an era as far as current actors for that TV show are concerned?

An actor that brought joy to, and touched, more lives than most people on the planet have done should not be the subject of jokes or ridicule.

I find your comment somewhat strange.

• Chizz said:

Is it not the end of an era as far as current actors for that TV show are concerned?

An actor that brought joy to, and touched, more lives than most people on the planet have done should not the subject of jokes or ridicule.

In that case, I apologise, unreservedly. Thank goodness. It looked like your comment was trivialising what he did for a living; and choosing his death as a means of doing so.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

An actor that brought joy to, and touched, more lives than most people on the planet have done should not the subject of jokes or ridicule.

In that case, I apologise, unreservedly. Thank goodness. It looked like your comment was trivialising what he did for a living; and choosing his death as a means of doing so.
    Not at all. That said, looking back at it, I can see why you may have thought that.

Apologies for the quite ambiguous opening post.

• RIP.

at least put up a picture of the actual actor FFS!

• An actor who's IMDB biography runs to 24 words and who's career highlight was being the third person to play Tinky Winky, a job that he kept for just fourteen episodes. No offence the man, I'm sure he was a lovely guy and I wish his friends and family well, but 'end of an era', really? End of ideas for threads more like.
  • 52 - too young, who ever he is
  • RIP

Tinky Winky was the best one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

An actor who's IMDB biography runs to 24 words and who's career highlight was being the third person to play Tinky Winky, a job that he kept for just fourteen episodes. No offence the man, I'm sure he was a lovely guy and I wish his friends and family well, but 'end of an era', really? End of ideas for threads more like.

How many words does your IMDB biography run to?
  • Stig said:

An actor who's IMDB biography runs to 24 words and who's career highlight was being the third person to play Tinky Winky, a job that he kept for just fourteen episodes. No offence the man, I'm sure he was a lovely guy and I wish his friends and family well, but 'end of an era', really? End of ideas for threads more like.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0295635/
  • Stig said:

Tbf he has been in a few episodes of Top Gear
  • RIP

Tinky Winky was the best one.

You deserve a flag for that
    The correct order is
    1-Po
    2-Lala
    3-Tinky Winky
    4-Dipsy

And Po is clear leader
  • This is very sad news RIP Simon