Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Paul Newman

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
a great actor.

Cool Hand Luke " washing off here boss"

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Taking my shirt off here Boss!
    like you said GH, Great Actor.
    RIP

I forgot about "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid" ............Raindrops keep falling on my head.........................
  • RIP - a truly legendary actor. Cool Hand Luke and The Hustler are two of my favourite films. he was also awesome in the Hudsucker Proxy.

A sad loss to the film industry.
  • like GH and TCE - great actor

RIP
  • Somebody up ther likes me - awsome film. RIP.
  • Butch Cassidy, Road to Perdition and so many more
  • edited September 2008
    And not just a great actor, but a great human being as well:
    Newman donates $120m to charity
  • edited September 2008
    Paul Newman was a great. A bloody legend. A superb actor and a by all accounts a decent and generous man.
    He did not court publicity at all.
    The good old Academy ignored him for years, he got nominated 10 times for an Oscar and finally won one for The Colour of Money - not his best film /performance by a mile!
    To think he got nominated for The Verdict and didn't win that year beggars belief, To see him fight it out in the courtroom against the legendary James Mason is one of the greatest pleasures of cinema.
    Paul Newman - A hero to me.
  • Oh no!

I love Paul Newman... I still eat his salad dressings... the hustler was a movie I watched till the tape wore out when I was a kid.... always wanted a mentor....

bllody helll..... well Ill have a quick toast to him but that sucks...
  • Cool hand Luke one of the best movies ever. I live in CT and he shunned Hollywood to live in Westport, CT so it shows what kind of man he was. His philanthropy was understated. By all accounts a great bloke. My wife's college room mate lived near him in Westport and said he was a very down to earth guy. RIP.
  • Thought he was very good in The Colour of Money. Acted Cruise off the screen.

Great actor and decent bloke by all accounts.

Had a long and faithful relationship with his wife Joanne Woodward. Said why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home. She hated the comment.

Also read in one of the Obits that he left her once but came back after 10 mins as he realised he had no where else to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2008
    Loved 'Slap Shot' the Ice Hocket Film he was in whenever it's on I have to watch it all the way through. Paul Newman was a Legend.
  • edited September 2008
    Only won 1 Oscar and probably for nowhere near his best performance.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Thought he was very good in The Colour of Money. Acted Cruise off the screen.

Not difficult.

Had a long and faithful relationship with his wife Joanne Woodward. Said why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home. She hated the comment.

quote]

I have always gone by that rule in reverse...... ;-)
  • Truly brilliant actor. Cool Hand Luke was one of those films you can watch many times. Numerous other films that marked him out as a great. Sad loss.

RIP