Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prediction Knock Out Cup 3rd round/Johnstones Paint 2nd round draw (plus replay results)

The draw for the 3rd round of the Prediction Knock Out Cup and the 2nd round of the Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup took place today. Matches to be played weekend of 3rd/4th February. Replay results are further down this post. Here’s the two draws.

Prediction Knock Out Cup 3rd round

Dannoo_86 (92) [Lg2] v. shirty5 (16) [Prem]
stackitsteve (105) [Conf] v. Boysie (89) [Lg2]
stonemuse (79) [Lg2] v. charltonman2016 (56) [Lg1]
Taxi_Lad (1) [Prem] v. Elthamaddick (62) [Lg1]
blackpool72 (69) [Lg2] v. lancashire lad (125) [BHSL]
tommo (3) [Prem] v. Swerve (106) [Conf]
Wellingtentioned (81) [Lg2] v. Tavern (48) [Lg1]
eaststandmike (10) [Prem] v. Charlton_Stu (20) [Prem]
No1 in South London (40) [Champ] v. GoOnYouHaddocks (11) [Prem]
charltonnick (35) [Champ] v. bertieB (116) [Conf]
ChicagoAddick (17) [Prem] v. Bedsaddick (60) [Lg1]
Bangkokaddick (49) [Lg1] v. cblock (39) [Champ]
Karim_myBagheri (112) [Conf] v. Nicholas (53) [Lg1]
Glosfan (7) [Prem] v. Bill_Stumps (43) [Champ]
oohaahmortimer (98) [Conf] v. Bournemouth Addick (27) [Champ]
Webbja77 (9) [Prem] v. SDAddick (86) [Lg2]

Johnstones Paint Prediction Cup 2nd round

Tutt_Tutt (6) [Prem] v. charltonkeston (76) [Lg2]
Carl leaburn (29) [Champ] v. seth plum (19) [Prem]
Bosseyedduck (55) [Lg1] v. RedDave4 (41) [Champ]
bbob (50) [Lg1] v. redlanered (31) [Champ]
jakecafc (111) [Conf] v. sam3110 (85) [Lg2]
Pedro45 (104) [Conf] v. T.C.E (26) [Champ]
AFKABartram (68) [Lg1] v. Macronate (12) [Prem]
mrbligh (71) [Lg2] v. addickfanatic (74) [Lg2]
RedChaser (14) [Prem] v. Addickted2U (101) [Conf]
LenGlover (64) [Lg1] v. MrLargo (95) [Conf]
theenorth (129) [BHSL] v. Big_Bob (51) [Lg1]
cafcdave123 (117) [BHSL] v. walshiesleftfoot (66) [Lg1]
cafc4life (28) [Champ] v. Lewis Coaches (65) [Lg1]
Gumbo (45) [Lg1] v. ellisaddick (119) [BHSL]
Hornchurch (47) [Lg1] v. bellz2002 (2) [Prem]
1905 (67) [Lg1] v. clb74 (109) [Conf]

There were two unlucky competitors in the replays. The postponement of Charlton’s game cost them dearly, particularly as their opponents managed to choose an alternative game and predict the score correctly.

The results of the replays were as follows:

Prediction Knock Out Cup 2nd round replays

stonemuse (63) [Lg1] v. 56yearsofdreams (85) [Lg2] 4-4 (stonemuse won on penalties)
Glosfan (6) [Prem] v. The31YearMan (124) [BHSL] 4-1
Charlton_Stu (12) [Prem] v. IdleHans (32) [Champ] 4-1
SaySomething (5) [Prem] v. Nicholas (51) [Lg1] 3-4
foresthillred (68) [Lg1] v. ChicagoAddick (22) [Champ] 0-2
flyingkiwi (82) [Lg2] v. bertieB (106) [Conf] 1-5
killerandflash (76) [Lg2] v. Bangkokaddick (41) [Champ] 2-2 (Bangkokaddick won on penalties)
Blackheathen (11) [Prem] v. oohaahmortimer (91) [Lg2] 2-5

Johnstones Paint 1st round replay

Dansk Red (111) [Conf] v. Carl leaburn (30) [Champ] 1-1 (Carl leaburn won on penalties)

Comments

• "There were two unlucky competitors in the replays. The postponement of Charlton’s game cost them dearly, particularly as their opponents managed to choose an alternative game and predict the score correctly."

Hope CL have decent lawyers - could see this ending up in the Supreme Court especially if it is proven that the Ref had direct links with the two winners in question.
  • (Bangkokaddick won on penalties)
    I demand a rematch, I suspect FIFA style corruption has been taking place!
  • edited January 2018

(Bangkokaddick won on penalties)

All sorted out over a quiet beer in a Bangkok bar.
  • 'There were two unlucky competitors in the replays. The postponement of Charlton’s game cost them dearly, particularly as their opponents managed to choose an alternative game and predict the score correctly.'

As one of those who fell foul of the moody postponement so late in the day before having a chance to address it - I shall be getting onto my lawyers to consider my next course of action (against Blackpool) for the potential loss of earnings!
  • I noticed Tutt Tutt's name but can't remember when I last saw one of his insightful posts. Big miss like Peanuts.
  • With any luck @MrLargo will decide to travel by train, not arrive and I'll get a walkover.
  • LenGlover said:

With any luck @MrLargo will decide to travel by train, not arrive and I'll get a walkover.

I knocked him out of the main competition Len so if you need any pointers drop me a message. :wink:
  • LenGlover said:

With any luck @MrLargo will decide to travel by train, not arrive and I'll get a walkover.

I somehow beat CAFCKev in the last round - I think he used to work on the railways, so I'm treating that as a form of natural justice.

Generally though, my predictions have been about as accurate as South Eastern's timetable, so should be a comfortable victory for you Len, and a miserable journey home for me which will undoubtedly be disrupted due to camels on the line or some other fanciful excuse.
  • LenGlover said:

I knocked him out of the main competition Len so if you need any pointers drop me a message. :wink:
    That was the week when I found out that the £6billion Thameslink project had achieved nothing except changing "congestion in the London Bridge area" into "congestion in the Hither Green area". I didn't stand a chance Mike - I'd been livid with rage all week, punched four trains, left a dirty protest at St Johns Station and been cautioned by the Transport Police for shouting obscenities at a 465 Networker. Really wasn't in the right frame of mind to make sensible predictions.
  • I noticed Tutt Tutt's name but can't remember when I last saw one of his insightful posts. Big miss like Peanuts.

He’s not been going many Charlton games @harveys_gardener
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

Corruption? In Thailand? Never!

All sorted out over a quiet beer in a Bangkok bar.

I hope the soapy massage I paid for was OK.
  • nice easy away draw then I see........;-)
  • I'm happy . I've got an away trip to Chicago !
  • edited January 2018

I hope the soapy massage I paid for was OK.

I decided to give that post a LOL, @Bangkokaddick. I didn't want my wife to see the Like.
  • A lower league welcome to @Macronate will be afforded with the heating turned off in his computer room and no hot water for his post-predictions shower.

out of interest, are you Macron-ate or Macron-artay ?
  • I will be arriving in this:

and will be expecting this after the game:

As for my name, it's Macron-ate to those that know me and Macron-artay when I'm down the Millers.
  • Good luck to the 64 competitors left in one of the Prediction Cup competitions. I'll be concentrating on the league though.
  • Poor old @Macronate saw his JPT run terminate :-)

Wemberley, Wemberley.....
  • Taxi_Lad (1) [Prem] v. Elthamaddick (62) [Lg1]

1-4 away win by my calculations...ave'it
  • Congratulations @AFKABartram, hope you are thrashed in the next round go all the way.

Although we were grateful for the hospitality shown, your whole set-up is strictly non-league and we have no intention of returning to that part of Sidcup any time soon.