Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Ambrose

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Hope all you moaners will shut up for a day or two at least now.

Comments

• no worse than others,scapegoat it seems.
  • fecking right mate. That must 6 or 7 goalsfor the season for him now.
  • he will still get slatted

Trust me

Yep once a few jump on the band wagon the lad ends up the scapegoat
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]fecking right mate. That must 6 or 7 goalsfor the season for him now.

The OS say's he's scored 82 goals this year already, presumably these two make it 84...

http://www.cafc.co.uk/playerdisplay.ink?skip=0&season=2007/2008
  • well done darren. stuck by him all the time he's been here. on his day......great player!
  • seem to care at least
  • reading the forums after a defeat is sooo depressing. we have to beat sheff utd now which i cant see happening
  • I thought Ambrose looked a bit more of a threat on Saturday, do we think its a blip or will he prove an unlikely hero this year?
  • He is a class player and very under rated, hopefully with his hip operation in the summer he can be more consistent.
    Hopefully he will play tomorrow.
  • Well he was one of if not the biggest threat last year with his assists and goals so I can't see why not, when fully fit, he can be just as good.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2008
    I seem to remember Curbs having some sucess a few years ago playing a narrow midfield with no out and out winger, making us a bit more resilient. I'd like to see the following:-

Weaver
    Moo2 Crainey Hudson Youga
    Ambrose Semedo/Racon Bailey ZZ/Holland
    Varney Dicko/Gray/Toddy

ZZ and Ambrose to provide the assists and fullbacks the width.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]no worse than others,scapegoat it seems.

Support him we must hmmmmm
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]I seem to remember Curbs having some sucess a few years ago playing a narrow midfield with no out and out winger, making us a bit more resilient. I'd like to see the following:-

Weaver
    Moo2 Crainey Hudson Youga
    Ambrose Semedo/Racon Bailey ZZ/Holland
    Varney Dicko/Gray/Toddy

ZZ and Ambrose to provide the assists and fullbacks the width.

a strong 15 player side i can see us winning many with that!
  • He is a class player just one lacking in a bhit of confidence imho. I'd like us to really get behind him (no joke intended) because he could have a really big influence on our season.
  • looked class in the 3 games he has appeared in

not sure where he could fit in but needs to find a starting place somewhere
  • edited September 2008
    Thought that Ambrose was married ? does he play both sides of the fence then ? maybe he got married to someone called Cyril who owns a whelk stall in Deptford Market ?
  • he is married, saw him with his missus in his RR sport, lives in Millenium Village I think.
  • yes but was his "Mrs" called Cyril in a white coat with a wicker basket selling shell fish !!
  • I didn't ask, he had the window up, will try next time.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I thought Ambrose looked a bit more of a threat on Saturday, do we think its a blip or will he prove an unlikely hero this year?
    Because he came on and played in the centre behind the front 2, where he needs to play. Start him there tomorrow Pards!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I thought Ambrose looked a bit more of a threat on Saturday, do we think its a blip or will he prove an unlikely hero this year?
    Because he came on and played in the centre behind the front 2, where he needs to play. Start him there tomorrow Pards!

Which means playing 3-5-2 or something similar, can't see it happening.

Ambrose isn't good enough defensively to play in the middle of a 4-4-2, we saw that at the start of last season.
  • edited October 2008
    I hope he does sign a new deal even if its a reduced one (never thought I'd be saying this) after all the club has supported him throughout his inconsistent spell of several years - apparently due to an injury, and I think he owes it to Charlton and the fans to some extent. Alternatively the club may just want to cash in.