Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Don't lions like head then?
  • I posted this on another thread yesterday...Tough one really. Goes without saying any of the wealthy trophy hunters deserve what they get.

With poachers (excuse my ignorance) I'd imagine it's purely poverty driven and out of desperation to feed themselves or their kids? May be wrong though and if just done out of greed then I'd have no sympathy.
  • That perked me up.
  • This made me smile last night. Karma is a bitch and I hope it really hurt
  • I posted this on another thread yesterday...Tough one really. Goes without saying any of the wealthy trophy hunters deserve what they get.

With poachers (excuse my ignorance) I'd imagine it's purely poverty driven and out of desperation to feed themselves or their kids? May be wrong though and if just done out of greed then I'd have no sympathy.

Exactly my thoughts.
  • Hopefully it's part of a new initiative by Africa's lion community. They need to get stuck into the American hunters asap.
  • Make Africa Great Again
  • "They can ran at over 80kph and there are less than 20000 left in the wild in Africa"

Is there some rule that states you're not allowed to write articles for the Evening Standard unless you make basic writing mistakes?
  • That whole sentence has about five ands in it, truly magnificent
  • Sponsored links:

• Unlike the poor poacher, who ended up with none :)
  • edited February 2018

I posted this on another thread yesterday...Tough one really. Goes without saying any of the wealthy trophy hunters deserve what they get.

Well yes I guess that's a possibility but if you're hunting/poaching to feed your family would you be doing it in lion country ? There must be easier options I would have thought & if he was on his own he must have had a vehicle to carry his "dinner". no need to creep about in the bush I wouldn't have thought.
  • Well that’s cheered me up......hope there’s more to come.
    After all, it’s their world.....their heritage their place on earth to exist and be at peace.
    You go there at your peril.

Not necessarily poverty driven cos poachers very often found not to be local. Greed and the attraction of big returns lures scumbags to take big risks.
    Having spent some time in SA and having met people from rural communities, there is very little sympathy for the poachers. The belief is many are attracted into unfamiliar areas. Many communities depend on the reserves and attendant tourism for their livelihoods. Of far greater attraction to less well off local family men are the dangers of mining, where earnings can be good but the conditions will certainly be life shortening.
  • Great to see the lions arming themselves and shooting back! :smile:

Had the "victim" been American, I am sure Trump and the NRA would approve...after all, the only way to protect against bad guys with guns is for the good guys to have more!!
  • Great news, well done the Lions.

No one likes them anymore ................................................. but they don't care
  • Sponsored links:

No one likes them anymore ................................................. but they don't care
    Not those Lions.