Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bradford - Match Thread

Evening everyone, cold evening for my kids first ever night match. Not that we know it as our train goes through Crayford, sweating my tits off with the 62 layers my wife insisted we wear. If the police asked to do a body search we’d be stripping off till June.

Big game tonight, suspect the rumours of Fosu and Bauer out will prove false. We’ll find out soon enough

Up the Reds!

Comments

• Tonight's City team to face @CAFCofficial:

1️⃣ Doyle

2️⃣9️⃣ McMahon
    2️⃣ McGowan
    2️⃣2️⃣ Knight-Percival
    1️⃣5️⃣ Warnock

1️⃣7️⃣ Gilliead
    1️⃣8️⃣ Guy
    6️⃣ Vincelot (c)
    8️⃣ Dieng
    3️⃣ Chicksen i

9️⃣ Wyke

#BCAFC

Tonight's Subs:

2️⃣3️⃣ Raeder
    7️⃣ Law
    1️⃣0️⃣ Taylor
    1️⃣1️⃣ Poleon
    1️⃣4️⃣ McCartan
    3️⃣0️⃣ Lund
    3️⃣5️⃣ Robinson

#BCAFC

• What kind of match thread is that, Mr AFKA?
    It's not even got the date in the thread title.

Sort it out.

:smile:
  • Reeves, what a waste of space !!!
  • Is that our old chicksen playing for Bradford
  • Thoughts on team?

yes

You know who to back 1st goal scorer!
  • Thoughts on team?

KR sees JFC and Aribo as CMs and not options as "10s". Not sure it's Fosu's best position. Will be interesting to see KaiKai (I'll be watching the stream).
  • edited February 2018
    Dickie Davies commentating on our game on SSN. Good old Sky :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

Yup.

Thoughts on team?

On paper I think the strongest team we can pick. Aribo, after his great run of form, is unlucky to miss out but JFC is such a well rounded player in that engine room and he makes a lot of things tick. Reeves was our weakest starter on Saturday so no surprise to see him dropped. Kaikai didn't do much but came on and played as a 9 when we were looking to see the game out so can't judge him too harshly.

Hopefully the rumors about Bauer and Fosu picking up knocks were wrong and they'll be up for 90 minutes.

Bradford look like they're going 4-1-4-1 or something along those lines. Quite an experienced defense and Stephen Warnock was an England international who went to the 2010 World Cup, which seems very strange now. I suspect we'll have to go some to break them down, and we'll really need to be patient. Hopefully we can nick something early, or at the very least don't go behind, as on a cold night coming off of two very disappointing results I could see the fans turning on the team.
  • I would've liked to have seen Zyro get a start instead of Magennis.
  • Bolloxbolder after the U23 game yesterday said there would be one change and some then called if right with KK for Reeves. Interesting to see if KK is as good as we are expecting. The team shouldn't need much motivation after the last two disappointing results so COYRs three points tonight please!
  • Greetings from Keston. Couldn’t get there tonight as I am expecting an Amazon delivery and I don’t want to miss it. I normally leave on 86 anyway, so would miss the best bits.

Let’s hope Chicksen isn’t supreme tonight
  • Scoham said:

Thoughts on team?

KR sees JFC and Aribo as CMs and not options as "10s". Not sure it's Fosu's best position. Will be interesting to see KaiKai (I'll be watching the stream).
    I think Aribo benefits from starting deeper and being able to burst forward into midfield. I think JFC is much better suited to the 4 or 8 role.

I know what you mean about Fosu. He's a different type of 10 than a Reeves or Clarke. But playing there gives him a lot of freedom to roam, pick up the ball, and run at defenders. He played there with some success before his injury.

Robinson has said Kaikai can play as a 9 or 10 in addition to playing on the left, so hopefully we'll get more interchange than we did from the start against Doncaster. I also personally believe Marshall is better suited to playing on the left as he can take a touch or two and put in a cross with his left, which thus far has looked much better than his right.
  • masicat said:

Greetings from Keston. Couldn’t get there tonight as I am expecting an Amazon delivery and I don’t want to miss it. I normally leave on 86 anyway, so would miss the best bits.

I would argue when you say best bits
  • Good team changed my mind 3-1 to Charlton.
  • Going for 2-1 win but wanted aribo to start
  • Sponsored links:

Yes they plucked him from us

Yes they plucked him from us
    It was a real coup
  • edited February 2018

Could this be used in the "caption competition"?
  • ross1 said:

Could this be used in the "caption competition"?

Kaikai having a Nadal moment
  • The teams are out...COYA! #cafc
  • KICK-OFF | 1' The Addicks get the action underway... #cafc
  • Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

KICK-OFF | 1' The Addicks get the action underway... #cafc

What would we do without you, Ross1 ?

Many thanks for all the updates.

Only pleased to do, shame we cannot get someone to do a proper commentary as before
  • Yeah thanks Ross. Currently stuffing my face with pancakes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!