Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No trains from Cannon Street (via Greenwich) this Saturday

Great timing for the £5 match, the only trains to Charlton are the half hourly ones from Charing Cross via Lewisham

Comments

• Oh ffs. I was planning on using the greenwich line.
  • "Buses will also replace trains between New Cross and Charlton via Greenwich."

What does that even mean? You can't get a train from New Cross to Charlton via Greenwich at any time.
  • There's a half hourly service from New Cross to Dartford that calls at Charlton via Lewisham.
  • Airman Brown said:

"Buses will also replace trains between New Cross and Charlton via Greenwich."

What does that even mean? You can't get a train from New Cross to Charlton via Greenwich at any time.

I think it means the bus will run from New Cross via all the stations on the Greenwich Line to Charlton (and vice versa) so it connects with the trains that stop there for central London
  • iaitch said:

There's a half hourly service from New Cross to Dartford that calls at Charlton via Lewisham.

So effectively 4 an hour from Lewisham to Charlton, 2 an hour from London Bridge and 2 an hour from New Cross

This is the sort of information the club really ought to be communicating, especially as there will potentially be new supporters there who won't know the transport situation as well
  • Trains leave LB 12 and 48 past hour to Charlton
  • Rest assured the tax-sponge, inferiority-wracked railway bill will do his best to fuck up our homeward journeys again by needlessly restricting access to the London bound platform, just because he can.
    Southeastern will of course run a skeleton staff at Charlton station to best assist we travellers too.
    After the inevitable 90+minute disposal of points we'll have a nap hand of disappointment, yet again.
    Enjoy the game...
  • iaitch said:

There's a half hourly service from New Cross to Dartford that calls at Charlton via Lewisham.

Trains depart Lewisham at 08,27,38 & 57
    Trains leave Charlton at 17, 25 & 55 towards Lewisham.
  • Sponsored links:

• The next question is how many coaches will each train have?

• iaitch said:

The next question is how many coaches will each train have?

But more importantly for the genuine Charlton fan what class locomotive will be pulling the coaches?
  • No loop from the Sunny Sidcup line around the Slade Green meadows :-(
  • No loop from the Sunny Sidcup line around the Slade Green meadows :-(

Now this is a brilliant post.

There is a mystery train that goes from my station at Lee up to London, but by going out first (advertised as only going to Slade Green), but when you get to Slade Green it morphs into a train going up to London via Charlton.
    OK. That is one thing.
    However the mystery is what train goes out from Charlton towards Slade Green, and then loops around via Sidcup and Lee and carries on up to London?
    I selfishly want to know because i could travel to the football and back in one fell swoop, with no changes, in relative comfort, without bothering about parking or traffic jams.
    However it is impossible to know which outbound from London train from Charlton after a match does this.
  • seth plum said:

No loop from the Sunny Sidcup line around the Slade Green meadows :-(

There is a mystery train that goes from my station at Lee up to London, but by going out first (advertised as only going to Slade Green), but when you get to Slade Green it morphs into a train going up to London via Charlton.
    OK. That is one thing.
    However the mystery is what train goes out from Charlton towards Slade Green, and then loops around via Sidcup and Lee and carries on up to London?
    I selfishly want to know because i could travel to the football and back in one fell swoop, with no changes.
    ..or having to stop to watch the game?
  • seth plum said:

OK. That is one thing.
    I selfishly want to know because i could travel to the football and back in one fell swoop, with no changes, in relative comfort, without bothering about parking or traffic jams.
    However it is impossible to know which outbound from London train from Charlton after a match does this.
    The trains from Lee on a normal Saturday are 01 and 31 passed the hour the return trains from Charlton are 06 and 36 passed the hour.
  • You can tell using the ‘live trains’ app if it’s a circular route train because the destination looks crazy.
  • seth plum said:

OK. That is one thing.
    I think those trains around the loop are regular. Looking up next weekend (3rd March) on National Rail Enquiries, the 17:06 from Charlton goes via Slade Green and back to Lee, arriving at 17:53. the 17:36 is the same
  • @seth plum it’s a handy and underused loop and takes out the driving / parking hassle. However, pretty sure it would work out much quicker for you to train from Lee to Lewisham and switch for Lewisham to Charlton

Seperate point by find it a bit demoralising seeing just how few people on a Match day get on from the likes of Plumstead, Erith, Belvedere, Slade Green etc. Local support could / should be so much more
  • @seth plum it’s a handy and underused loop and takes out the driving / parking hassle. However, pretty sure it would work out much quicker for you to train from Lee to Lewisham and switch for Lewisham to Charlton

Seperate point by find it a bit demoralising seeing just how few people on a Match day get on from the likes of Plumstead, Erith, Belvedere, Slade Green etc. Local support could / should be so much more

I know. But you have to change at Lewisham and that eats into the time anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

Yes, even if you take out away supporters, as many people seem to be on the trains heading into London after a match than going the other way...
  • Don't seem to be any trains from Gatwick to London Bridge either. Just had to spend over £100 on a hire car, as staying in Greenwich and flying down Sat morning. So much for football for a fiver!
  • Just checked National Rail website and seem to be loads of trains from Gatwick to London Bridge tomorrow.

I'm in Plumstead, and boycott to one side, I either get the bus, cycle or walk. I've rarely trained it.
  • Don't seem to be any trains from Gatwick to London Bridge either. Just had to spend over £100 on a hire car, as staying in Greenwich and flying down Sat morning. So much for football for a fiver!

iaitch said:

Just checked National Rail website and seem to be loads of trains from Gatwick to London Bridge tomorrow.

You could always get the Gatwick express to Clapham Junction, then two stops to Waterloo and get the train from Waterloo east to charlton, or the jubilee to North Greenwich
  • seth plum said:

@seth plum it’s a handy and underused loop and takes out the driving / parking hassle. However, pretty sure it would work out much quicker for you to train from Lee to Lewisham and switch for Lewisham to Charlton

202 bus ?
  • seth plum said:

@seth plum it’s a handy and underused loop and takes out the driving / parking hassle. However, pretty sure it would work out much quicker for you to train from Lee to Lewisham and switch for Lewisham to Charlton

202 bus ?
    Yeah. Done that often to games. After games I just want to get away easily.
    I will drive over tomorrow as we have extra people coming.
  • That means the 17.17 going back to London will be rammed.
  • Let's hope we kick off on time and not much time added on so I can get the 16.55 to Lewisham.

It’s also ideal when you plan a Leo Sayer which includes a match at the valley then a night at Crayford dogs.