Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal - Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Don't know if anyone else was forced to watch that American crap "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" by their missus but I am quite glad I did now because it enables me to make an apt comparison.
What do those five perfumed gay guys from upscale Manhattan most remind me of? In a word, Arsenal.
Oh, they are so clever and cocky as they pose and prance their way around their metropolitan turf, slick and silky, skilful and beguiling they dismiss allcomers as nothing more than provincial yokels not fit to breath the same air.
Get them out of Manhattan to some dreaded backwoods hole and the crumble like an ice cream cone, afraid of their own shadows and unwilling to do the kind of dirty work that just has to be done sometimes.
Yes, yes, we know that they'll spank us 4-0 on Monday but how must it feel to be an Arsenal fan and know that when its wet, windy and the boots are flying that your highly paid continental stars have all the physical courage of a Manhattan fashion stylist?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I'm just wondering whether any of the other guys will have any idea what you're talking about, and if so whether they'll be brave/foolhardy enough to admit it.
    :-)
    But I promise you they won't spank us on Monday.
    The game's been moved to Tuesday.
    I just wonder whether they'll have someone stationed on the touchline to prevent a Wenger Pards rematch.
  • I think the wenger Pards thing will give Pards the edge.... I expect two one charlton with a holland on th score sheet.....

I wish
  • Yeah, I was not sure if QEFTSG was screened in the UK? It was big here in Oz and, for the record, consisted of five incredibly camp New York gay guys doing weekly makeovers on fat truckers from Alabama - I am sure you get the picture.
    As for the Arsenal game, if they play like they did against Blackburn or in the 2nd half against Pompey then we are toast. Might be better keeping our powder dry for the crucial Boro game and forget Arsenal and Forest in the FAC.
  • hopefully it will be 'too dark' or something like that for arsenal on tuesday
  • Not when they're at home it won't be.
    Incredible to think that a team of basically Championship players can beat Arsenal's team of superstars when they only have 10 men.
    Sheffield United were absolutely brilliant and, regardless of the implications for us, I wish them well because they seem to be a honest bunch who give it a real go.
    You could see that in the cold and on that wet, mud heap of a pitch (which Warnock probably had well watered anyway the morning of the game) Arsenal just plain did not fancy it in the slightest.
    Sorry, but on Tuesday on their snooker table in north London they will give us a tonking.
  • [cite]Posted By: abrown1972[/cite]Yeah, I was not sure if QEFTSG was screened in the UK? It was big here in Oz and, for the record, consisted of five incredibly camp New York gay guys doing weekly makeovers on fat truckers from Alabama - I am sure you get the picture.
    I think it was on channel 5 over here - my sister used to watch it.
    As for the Arsenal game, if they play like they did against Blackburn or in the 2nd half against Pompey then we are toast. Might be better keeping our powder dry for the crucial Boro game and forget Arsenal and Forest in the FAC.
    I'm fearing the backlash against Arsenal, but I think a good performance against Forest would be a confidence booster, particularly after Wycombe. I agree everyone needs to be up for it for the Boro game though.