Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest - Train travel?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Just checked the trains to Forest and cheapest (and not good times) are over £50.

Anyone have a link for better fares??

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Have you tried rebooking i.e. getting a Cheap Day Return to Kings Cross Thameslink then Saver from London to Nottingham via Grantham (not obvious but this route is actually cheaper than using Midland Mainline). Anyone with a zones 1-6 travelcard season ticket can get a Saver from Hadley Wood to Nottingham also via Grantham (as one of the tickets is a season ticket I don't think get a train from King's Cross that stops at Hadley Wood - National Rail Conditions of Carriage C19(c))
  • Options
    go on the trainline.com

can get a day return pancras to nottingham for 47 quid. or book quick for certian times buy buying 2 singles and you can get it for about 25.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Now try selecting via Going via and entering GRANTHAM. I think one can get a fare for £41.50. Also on if you use GNER's site - you might get cheap singles with a 20% discount not available on the trainline.