Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Peterborough v Charlton

Amos:
Solly:
Konsa:
Pearce:
Sarr:
Jackson:
Forster-Caskey:
Aribo;
Kaikai:
Fosu-Henry:
Magennis:
Reeves:
Zyro:
Ajose: n/a

Comments

• Uh-oh

Amos 5 porous
    Solly 5 timid
    Konsa 5 what on earth was he doing for the last 2 goals
    Pearce 5 ditto
    Sarr 5 rusty and it showed. not convinced it was a penalty but he wasn't quite quick enough on the tackle today. hope he doesn't get scapegoated as he's not a left-back really
    Jackson 5 didn't seem to be much point in him
    JFC 4 dreadful
    Aribo 3 dreadful and hid
    Kaikai 2.5 dreadful, hid and I don't like him
    Fosu 3.5 criminally wasteful
    Magennis 4 won the penalty and shouldn't have been allowed to take it
    Reeves 6.5 gave us something
    Zyro 6.5 ditto
  • edited March 2018
    Amos: 5
    Solly: 4
    Konsa: 5
    Pearce: 5
    Sarr: 5
    Jackson: 4
    Forster-Caskey: 4
    Aribo; 4
    Kaikai: 3
    Fosu-Henry: 4
    Magennis: 3
    Reeves: 5.5
    Zyro: 6
  • edited March 2018
    SDAddick said:

Amos: 6 - Will be disappointed by the third and fourth, but don't know there was a huge amount he could have done today to change things.

Solly: 5 - I thought for stretches he looked better today, and yet he still gets caught in positional no-man's-land a lot.

Konsa: 6.5 - Been our best center back for three months now.

Pearce: 4 - Bad. Again. If Sarr made the mistakes he makes we'd be calling for his head. There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Jason Pearce giving away a needless, stupid foul 40 yards from goal. He seemed to slam into Maddisson (two different boots wearing prick) as he took an aimless, pointless 40 yard shot. I *think* he lost his man for the opener but it was hard to tell. And then the third, yeah...

He's slow, he's poor on the ball, and he gets dragged out of position. I just don't get what people see in him.

Sarr: 5.5 - Bad day at the office, a lot of which can be put down to playing out of position. For the first 50 or so minutes he was having a solid if unspectacular game. Then the penalty. He *might* have been the one who lost his man for the opener.

Jackson: 4.5 - He can't be our solution at defensive midfield while Kashi is out. Tidy on the ball but he's really slow and positionally he's not good enough to play there. So often there was ten yards between him and the defensive line. Dijksteel or JFC with very specific tactical instructions to hold his position must come in on Tuesday, preferably the former.

Forster-CaSkey: 5.5 - Yeah not his day. He and Aribo both had to do a lot of extra running because Jackson was in the midfield so I'm somewhat sympathetic. Covers a lot of ground but seems to have lost his creative spark since coming back from injury.

Still wasn't bad enough to warrant misspelling his name LL ;)

Aribo: 5 - A good summary of why he hasn't *started* more games (though I think he should have come off the bench more frequently earlier in the season). He just drifts in and out of games far, far, far too much. And his positional sense is still lacking, not aided by the fact that he's played a lot of positions in his short career. To his credit he can get stuck in, and like with Fosu and JFC, he's a player with a lot of ability who had an off day.

Kaikai: 4.5 - Maybe the hardest mark for me today because I think some of the criticisms of him are way over blown, and he shows little glimpses of real ability...but you forget he's playing for 20 minute stretches.

Fosu-Henry: 6.5 - Looks dangerous every time he gets the ball but nothing came off for him today. To his credit, I thought he got his head up and looked to pass far more today than he has in recent weeks. Unfortunately, all that he saw in front of him was Magennis marked by three defenders. Covers a lot of ground and got his customary kickings. All skillful players have games like this, and it's worth remembering he is a very gifted player.

Magennis: 4.5 - I feel for him to some extent because he's up against three center backs and he was so isolated for a lot of the game. But he just didn't trouble their defenders and didn't look sharp enough.

Reeves: 7 - Within a couple minutes of coming on provided the moment of quality and final ball we'd been missing for the previous 70. I think he's gotten too much stick on here, he hasn't been good this year but he hasn't been as bad as some have made out, and he's scrappier than he gets credit for. A lovely move to draw the foul in the build up to their third, absolutely insane that it wasn't given.

Zyro: 7.5 - Nearly changed the game single handedly. Looked quick, hungry, and incredibly technically gifted. Literally everything we've been missing. Arek Milik-esque. He's just about all that gives me hope.

Ajose: 6.5 - Credit to him in the last couple games he's worked harder than I've ever seen him and looked to drop off, pick the ball up from deep, and run at teams. He must be in with at least a consideration for a start on Tuesday, and I say that as someone who has not been a fan of his.

I wasn’t there nor did I watch a stream but that just feels like a sensible and considered review @SDAddick Thanks.
  • edited March 2018
    Solly: 4
    Pearce: 4
    Sarr: 5.5
    Jackson: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 4 longer studs please
    Aribo; 6
    Kaikai: 5
    Fosu-Henry: 6
    Magennis: 4
    Reeves: 5.5
    Zyro: 6.5

Robinson 8 for not punching anybody
  • Leuth said:

Uh-oh

Amos 5 porous
    Solly 5 timid
    Konsa 5 what on earth was he doing for the last 2 goals
    Pearce 5 ditto
    Sarr 5 rusty and it showed. not convinced it was a penalty but he wasn't quite quick enough on the tackle today. hope he doesn't get scapegoated as he's not a left-back really
    Jackson 5 didn't seem to be much point in him
    JFC 4 dreadful
    Aribo 3 dreadful and hid
    Kaikai 2.5 dreadful, hid and I don't like him
    Fosu 3.5 criminally wasteful
    Magennis 4 won the penalty and shouldn't have been allowed to take it
    Reeves 6.5 gave us something
    Zyro 6.5 ditto

Leuthy Sarr
  • SDAddick said:

Amos: 6 - Will be disappointed by the third and fourth, but don't know there was a huge amount he could have done today to change things.

Solly: 5 - I thought for stretches he looked better today, and yet he still gets caught in positional no-man's-land a lot.

Konsa: 6.5 - Been our best center back for three months now.

Pearce: 4 - Bad. Again. If Sarr made the mistakes he makes we'd be calling for his head. There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Jason Pearce giving away a needless, stupid foul 40 yards from goal. He seemed to slam into Maddisson (two different boots wearing prick) as he took an aimless, pointless 40 yard shot. I *think* he lost his man for the opener but it was hard to tell. And then the third, yeah...

He's slow, he's poor on the ball, and he gets dragged out of position. I just don't get what people see in him.

Sarr: 5.5 - Bad day at the office, a lot of which can be put down to playing out of position. For the first 50 or so minutes he was having a solid if unspectacular game. Then the penalty. He *might* have been the one who lost his man for the opener.

Jackson: 4.5 - He can't be our solution at defensive midfield while Kashi is out. Tidy on the ball but he's really slow and positionally he's not good enough to play there. So often there was ten yards between him and the defensive line. Dijksteel or JFC with very specific tactical instructions to hold his position must come in on Tuesday, preferably the former.

Forster-CaSkey: 5.5 - Yeah not his day. He and Aribo both had to do a lot of extra running because Jackson was in the midfield so I'm somewhat sympathetic. Covers a lot of ground but seems to have lost his creative spark since coming back from injury.

Still wasn't bad enough to warrant misspelling his name LL ;)

Aribo: 5 - A good summary of why he hasn't *started* more games (though I think he should have come off the bench more frequently earlier in the season). He just drifts in and out of games far, far, far too much. And his positional sense is still lacking, not aided by the fact that he's played a lot of positions in his short career. To his credit he can get stuck in, and like with Fosu and JFC, he's a player with a lot of ability who had an off day.

Kaikai: 4.5 - Maybe the hardest mark for me today because I think some of the criticisms of him are way over blown, and he shows little glimpses of real ability...but you forget he's playing for 20 minute stretches.

Fosu-Henry: 6.5 - Looks dangerous every time he gets the ball but nothing came off for him today. To his credit, I thought he got his head up and looked to pass far more today than he has in recent weeks. Unfortunately, all that he saw in front of him was Magennis marked by three defenders. Covers a lot of ground and got his customary kickings. All skillful players have games like this, and it's worth remembering he is a very gifted player.

Magennis: 4.5 - I feel for him to some extent because he's up against three center backs and he was so isolated for a lot of the game. But he just didn't trouble their defenders and didn't look sharp enough.

Reeves: 7 - Within a couple minutes of coming on provided the moment of quality and final ball we'd been missing for the previous 70. I think he's gotten too much stick on here, he hasn't been good this year but he hasn't been as bad as some have made out, and he's scrappier than he gets credit for. A lovely move to draw the foul in the build up to their third, absolutely insane that it wasn't given.

Zyro: 7.5 - Nearly changed the game single handedly. Looked quick, hungry, and incredibly technically gifted. Literally everything we've been missing. Arek Milik-esque. He's just about all that gives me hope.

Ajose: 6.5 - Credit to him in the last couple games he's worked harder than I've ever seen him and looked to drop off, pick the ball up from deep, and run at teams. He must be in with at least a consideration for a start on Tuesday, and I say that as someone who has not been a fan of his.

I wasn’t there nor did I watch a stream but that just feels like a sensible and considered review @SDAddick Thanks.
    Aw thank you sir.
  • Amos: 6
    Solly: 6
    Konsa: 6.5
    Pearce: 6.5
    Jackson: 6
    Forster-Cakey: 5 he passed to them all the time
    Aribo; 7 best of a bad bunch
    Fosu-Henry: 5
    Magennis: 5.5
    Reeves: 4
    Zyro: 7 looked like a footballer
    Ajose: 6
  • edited March 2018
    I follow

Solly: 5
    Pearce: 4
    Sarr: 3 looked awful at left back
    Jackson: 2 why is he still anywhere near the first team. Fantastic at chasing shadows very slowly
    Forster-Cakey: 3 crap as always
    Aribo; 4
    Kaikai: 2 Awful yet again but let’s start him ahead of Marshall
    Fosu-Henry: 5 started off brightly but decision making is pathetic at time
    Magennis: 1 piss poor
    Zyro: 5

Robinson out awful awful manager
  • STREAM

Pearce: 5.5
    Forster-Cakey: 4
    Aribo; 6
    Kaikai: 3
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5
    Magennis: 5.5
    Zyro: 5.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos: 5
    Konsa:5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Aribo; 5
    Magennis: 5
    Reeves: 5
    Zyro: 7

Basically, I found it really hard to separate the team who were all mediocre other than Zyro
  • edited March 2018
    iFollow stream

Amos: 5 average
    Solly: 3 in parts alright but again plays himself into trouble and his passing in the final third was awful.
    Konsa: 5 average.
    Pearce: 4 still missing something.
    Sarr: 4 Not a left back.
    Jackson: 2 I get that everyone loves him but he was a mile behind the pace of their midfield.
    Forster-Cakey: 3 Poor today.
    Aribo; 5 Nice touches and strong in parts but also goes missing
    Kaikai: 1 As I have said before he is shockingly awful, shows no commitment - Zyro showed more in 25 minutes than he has in the previous 3 games. Why were we chasing him all January ?
    Fosu-Henry: 4 Good in parts but again tries too hard and also shocking header from Zyro's pinpoint cross
    Magennis: 3 Needs a rest, the penalty best left unmentioned.
    Reeves: 4 worked hard and showed willing.
    Zyro: 5.5 Easily better than everyone else when he came on. A peach of a cross which Fosu managed to head wide from 6 yards.

In summary beaten 4-1 by a piss poor team. I am with @Nicholas as Robinson has to go.
  • Pearce hams been a very bad buy at nearly £1m I believe. Wigan got rid after being promoted to the Championship knowing he was no better than league 1. He is injured for at least half a season and we should get rid soonest. Als o get rid of Maginness, Solly, Jackson, as well as a lot of others that I cannot be bothered naming. It goes without saying Robinson should be shown the door soonest.
  • Amos: 3 at fault for two of the goals and poor kicking
    Solly: 6 didn't really do too much, I remember a cleanrace he made that was ok
    Konsa:6 few runs but dont remember him challenging their striker for the ball
    Pearce: 6 good to have back but as with Konsa didn't stand out
    Sarr: 5 played out of position and showers more when asked to do something with the ball
    Jackson: 6 captain was pushing team
    Forster-Caskey: 5 tried playing silly cross field passes continually even after he lost his footing twice
    Aribo; 6 ran around a lot but at important moments lost it
    Kaikai: 3 non existent, BYE
    Fosu-Henry: 5, few runs. But didn't look commuted
    Magennis: 5 pen said it all
    Reeves: 5 bottled tackle leading up to 3rd
    Zyro: 7 scored and won free kick
  • And Robinson 4, reacted too late and started with wrong team
    Sarr:5
    Aribo; 5
    Kaikai: 4
    Zyro: 6
  • Amos: 5.5
    Konsa:6
    Jackson:5
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Aribo; 5
    Kaikai:4.5
    Fosu-Henry: 6.5
    Magennis: 4.5
    Reeves: 6.5
    Zero:7
    Ajose: n/a 6
  • Amos: 6 Could have possibly done better with one or two of the goals. Didn't have much else to do!
    Solly: 6 Like the rest of the defence, switched off for the last 10 minutes. Is that 1 in 3 goals now conceded in last 10 mins?
    Konsa: 5 Looked lost at times! Surely Bauer is a better bet?
    Pearce: 6 Although solid most of the time, still makes too many mistakes.
    Sarr: 4 Robinson at fault here for playing him out of position. At fault for first two goals.
    Jackson: 6 Gave a bit of steel to a midfield that looked all too flimsy.
    Forster-Caskey: 5 Poor game by his standards - far too many mistakes.
    Aribo; 6 Tried to get involved but, again, too many mistakes.
    Kaikai: 3 Looks totally disinterested. Can't understand why he is in the team or why he is on loan in the first place!
    Fosu-Henry: 6 He tried, but came up against too many brick walls.
    Magennis: 2 Surely the worst striker in the league - completely useless. No wonder he was subbed. Even Robinson, his biggest fan, lost patience!
    Reeves: 7 He turned the game when he came on, at least until we conceded the third!
    Zyro: 7 Much more of a threat than Magennis. Deserves the chance of starting a game.
    Ajose: 6 Added more bit up front but still missed a good chance.

Konsa: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Sarr: 6
    Aribo; 6
    Fosu-Henry: 6

Konsa: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Forster-Caskey 5 :
    Aribo; 6
    Kaikai 5:
    Fosu-Henry 5:
    Zyro: 6.5

Robinson 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos: 4, should have come for the first two balls, his kicking out from gaol appalling.
    Solly: 4 poor
    Konsa:4 poor
    Pearce: 4 poor
    Sarr: 5. best of the defending.
    Jackson:6 should composure and reading of the game.
    Forster-Caskey: 3 his crosses and passing was a joke.
    Aribo; 4 poor choices all a the match.
    Kaikai:5 tried to get forward and occasionaly helps the defence but bot often enough.
    Magennis: 3, his missed penalty and his his missed header appalling.
    Reeves: 5 just about showed the work required.
    Zero:5 not a high ball target man
    Ajose: n/a 5 tried
  • should have said Amos should have come for the 1st and third, even possibly the the fourth goal
    Sarr: 4
    Aribo; 5
    Fosu-Henry: 4
    Reeves: 6
  • SDAddick said:

We can hand out the Charlton Life Comparison of the Season Trophy now.
  • Amos: 4
    Solly: 6
    Konsa: 4
    Sarr: 3
    Aribo; 6
    Kaikai: 1
    Fosu-Henry:
    Magennis: 6