Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC Annual Accounts

For anyone else out in the CL world that pays a geeky close interest in the annual accounts, I thought I'd start a new thread in preparation for the imminent publication of the accounts on Companies House.

These accounts are going to be the most interesting to see how much of a financial hit the club has made via the protests and boycotting of matches, also to see the directors comments relating to it. I'm interested to see how our debt levels have increased to Staprix.

As a reminder, in 2016, ticket income and match day activities accounted for £4,758,000 of the overall £12,103,000 income (39.3%) down from £5,248,000 in 2015, accounting for (44.6%) - this was before the boycott really started to take effect.

Once published, I'll give a comparative breakdown, and obviously welcome any comments from others who want to chip in.

Comments

• Who usually produces and releases them?

Wouldnt that be the job of the Chief Financial Officer?
  • The director's reports were written by Meire, with the accounts being put together by the accounting firm 'Nyman Lisbon Paul'.

Once NLP have put them together, the board will sign them off and submit them to Companies House for publishing.. usually around about now but before the 31st otherwise you incur a fine.
  • Directors can request additional time to file accounts with Companies House. CH often grant such requests where they are satisfied that 'exceptional circumstances' apply preventing punctual submission. If the financial statements aren't available for inspection by about 2 April, it could be another month or more without the director incurring a fine. Such little real information as the accounts provide may not be available right away.
  • Will the Lookman transfer money be in that financial year ?
  • edited March 2018

Will the Lookman transfer money be in that financial year ?

If he was sold before 30th June 2017 then yes.
  • Will the Lookman transfer money be in that financial year ?

Yes as I remember there being talk last year that the sale went through after that financial year end.
  • Thanks for posting that link @rs340 I am disappointed though that in another example of history being re-written, Meire's famous resignation in December 2015 has been expunged from the record. Great work again Pitch PR :wink:
  • Stig said:

Thanks for posting that link @rs340 I am disappointed though that in another example of history being re-written, Meire's famous resignation in December 2015 has been expunged from the record. Great work again Pitch PR :wink:

Expunged how? Look under the officers tab and there it is in black and white effective 31 December 2017. Now I will kick this regime with any boot available but come on if we can't even understand
  • Sponsored links:

• JWADDICK said:

Stig said:

Thanks for posting that link @rs340 I am disappointed though that in another example of history being re-written, Meire's famous resignation in December 2015 has been expunged from the record. Great work again Pitch PR :wink:

Expunged how? Look under the officers tab and there it is in black and white effective 31 December 2017. Now I will kick this regime with any boot available but come on if we can't even understand
    That's the genuine resignation. Think @Stig is probably referring to the 'manufactured' one...
  • cafc-west said:

JWADDICK said:

Stig said:

That's the genuine resignation. Think @Stig is probably referring to the 'manufactured' one...
    Yep the fake news one :wink: .
  • Ah OK! Whooosh. I may or may not have been drinking alcohol this lunch but no excuse:)
  • I guess the overall loss for 2016-17 will be low (£5-8M) because Lookman's sale counts as turnover in that season and will offset the probable million pound per month loss CAFC was running.
  • I guess the overall loss for 2016-17 will be low (£5-8M) because Lookman's sale counts as turnover in that season and will offset the probable million pound per month loss CAFC was running.

Yes the Lookman sale will be 100% profit as his book value in the accounts will have been zero. Ditto Morgan Fox

I think there may be an overall profit but the operating loss is more telling. No way should it be £12m in L1, however.