Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs and Ipswich

edited October 2008 in Rumours
Ipswich supporting mate claims rumours flying there that Magilton is close to getting the shove to be replaced by Curbs. Not sure why Mr C should step down to Championship level, but then again it might be an attractive and less stressful option for him. Anyone else heard anything?

Comments

• What Premier team will employ Curbs then - Spurs
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]What Premier team will employ Curbs then - Spurs

Anyone who's in need of a decent Prem manager with a v good track record, so yes, maybe Spuds. But think he'll be choosy himself and not go somewhere with a director of football, which reduces the options a bit!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]What Premier team will employ Curbs then - Spurs

Anyone who's in need of a decent Prem manager with a v good track record, so yes, maybe Spuds. But think he'll be choosy himself and not go somewhere with a director of football, which reduces the options a bit!

Spot on Weegie- he'd be bonkers to go anywhere near them or Naycastle, who i'm sure would have been interested..
  • Oh I do agree Curbs has the track record - just can't see Curbs getting a PL job in the distant future -
  • I don't think the fans of any Prem club would welcome Curbs, even West Ham fans didn't, despite the fact that Curbs has claret and blue blood.
  • edited October 2008
    He (Curbs) will have to take a lower team job before he gets another PL one. Although he resigned from WHU his tenure will be seen as a failure by the Chairmen of the PL.
    I am not saying that he did fail, after the drubbing we gave WHU under him all those years ago he still kept them up. However due to the increased media and supporter pressure (due to the internet and radio phone-ins etc) owners feel the need to appoint Big Names, and these days most of those seem to be foreign.
    Putting personal feelings aside, and rightly or wrongly, Sam Alladyce will get a Prem job before Curbs.
  • Dowie is under pressure at QPR, maybe he'd be a possible replacement there? Currently there are rumours that Darren Ferguson is being lined up to take over at Loftus Road.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Dowie is under pressure at QPR, maybe he'd be a possible replacement there? Currently there are rumours that Darren Ferguson is being lined up to take over at Loftus Road.
    Not sure that'd be a good move for him, they might be better off with Pearce.