Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Northampton v Charlton | Good Friday | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Based on last Saturday's performance I'm going for a win - Northampton are really struggling and with our squad we should be too strong for them. Got to impose our selves early on and take the game to them. If we can get an early strike who knows, could go on to knock in a few. Stating the obvious I know, but the simple fact is we have to win games like this (no disrespect to the Cobblers) if we have ANY hope of getting into the play-offs.
  • MrLargo said:

How ironic, having just got rid of a useless fatty who spent his time with us stealing a living, that we come face to face with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink this weekend.

Putting aside the S.H.I.T. (Scouser's Hideously Inept Tenure) period, we haven't lost to Northampton since 1964.

We've got players returning from injury and international duty
    We've got momentum from a cracking performance last week
    Thomas Driesen has spent the last week in Roland's cave, retuning his telly from live feeds of Charlton matches to Webcam Girls posing seductively whilst wearing nothing but Duct Tape
    We've got proper Charlton people picking the team for the first time since March 2014

4-0 to Charlton, Ajose hat trick, Magennis with one off the bench.

Agreed with all of this until I got to the bit in bold. Stop taking the piss mate.
  • Got a good feeling about this one.

3-1 win to us - Zyro , Fosu and Bauer
  • The introduction of Mavididi and Magennis from the bench turns a comfortable 2 - 0 away win into a 5 - 0 thrashing.

Fosu to run riot and JFC to score twice.

Bowyer is linked with jobs at Leeds and West Ham.
  • Whopping 3-0 victory, another clean sheet and a bettering GD
  • 3 0 win leads to us going up and Roland deciding to stay
  • clb74 said:

3 0 win leads to us going up and Roland deciding to stay

And elfs continues his boycott.

Every cloud and all that.
  • clb74 said:

3 0 win leads to us going up and Roland deciding to stay

And elfs continues his boycott.

Every cloud and all that.
    He only boycotts so he doesn't have to buy a round
  • Sponsored links:

• Got a sneaky feeling this is gonna be a proper thrashing that we expected to happen all season.

5 - 1 Charlton

Fosu, Caskey, Zyro x2 and Ajose. O'Toole for their goal
  • edited March 2018
    I've seen the Cobblers dig in against tough opposition but I don't think Jacko will allow Bowyer to be cocky. Good organisation will win the day.1-2 to us.
  • I would keep the team that did us proud against Argyle . 3-1 win with AJose Zyro and Fosu on target .
  • I can understand you'll want to bring back this season's POTY but I always think its best to stick with your winning team & Page did nothing wrong last Saturday & scored a screamer. Seeing as we have a game on Monday as well then Da Silva can easy then come back under what LB has already said as "squad rotation"

2-0 win for the away side & the spirit of 1998 continues...........
  • 9-0 to Charlton OR I may be getting a bit carried away after last time out!
  • They will not be as open as Plymouth, who thought they has a chance of winning. Even though they are at home I would expect them to defend and hope to hit us on the break. Our players have proved that they are not very good at opening defensive teams (at least under KR). I would expect a few changes, Konsa to come in at RB and perhaps Reeves dropped to the bench, (not my team choice), but a more solid team. I am rarely right, but hoping this time to be, 0-2, and a comfortable, but with the normal nerves, good win
  • Stick with the same team, bar Konsa in for Reeves. Really ought to be another convincing win. 3-0 Charlton.
  • Usually when we get good feels we get let down... 1-0 Northampton
  • Since August I have said we will finish 7th, and have never waived from that even when we were 4th or went down to 10th.
    Will win by another 2 goals margin in this game and the hope will gather momentum.
    Reality may be just around the corner.

• Sponsored links:

• The sight of jfhs backside waddling around the valley topping up his pension pot is something that needs to be expunged from my memory so a 3 0 away win will help
  • Stick with the same team, bar Konsa in for Reeves. Really ought to be another convincing win. 3-0 Charlton.

So do you see Konsa as an attacking midfielder who can cut open a defence with a cunning ball or do you have another formation in mind?
  • 0-2
    Wish I was going.

Play Konsa RB and Dijksteel CM?
  • Big test for the new management team. First time in ages there is a level of fan expectation going into an away game. If we can produce anything close to the performance of last week it should be too much for Northampton. Some important calls on team selection and formation for LB & JJ ahead of Good Friday, just hope they get the important calls on returning players right and maintain the momentum.

Tight hard fought 0-1 win that keeps hope rising and sets up a big game on Monday.
  • Konsa for djksteel, 2-1 Charlton, Bauer & ajose
  • edited March 2018
    If he is fit, we'll be mad not to play Mavididi. I would like to see him in an attacking midfield position where he can find space for his runs. Always thought he was wasted as a target man.

Which ever it is, I am excited about this game.
    4:2 addicks, Ajose, Zyro, Mav (2)
  • edited March 2018

MrLargo said:

How ironic, having just got rid of a useless fatty who spent his time with us stealing a living, that we come face to face with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink this weekend.

Putting aside the S.H.I.T. (Scouser's Hideously Inept Tenure) period, we haven't lost to Northampton since 1964.

We've got players returning from injury and international duty
    We've got momentum from a cracking performance last week
    Thomas Driesen has spent the last week in Roland's cave, retuning his telly from live feeds of Charlton matches to Webcam Girls posing seductively whilst wearing nothing but Duct Tape
    We've got proper Charlton people picking the team for the first time since March 2014

4-0 to Charlton, Ajose hat trick, Magennis with one off the bench.

Agreed with all of this until I got to the bit in bold. Stop taking the piss mate.
    Were you thinking he mis-spelt “wrist”?
  • I'm sure Mav will be eased back via the bench, which feels right.