Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Over heard in Cafe Nero yesterday

edited October 2008 in Rumours
Was in cafe nero on Haymarket yesterday getting the boss a coffee. behind me in the que was a black guy would say late 30's early 40's talking to white guy about his son who plays for CAFC!!. He's 16 and already played in the first team! cant think who is talking about. he was going on about how liverpool and chelsea wanted him and they were offering him the world to sign but they could not guarentee first team football till he was 21, where charlton had by the time he was 17 maybe 18 at the latest!! Who is he talking about!! the most shocking thing was when the dad told the bloke hes 16 and on 8 grand a week!!!!!!!!! how the feck can we let all are players go and have kids earning that sort of amount!! when i was 16 i earned 47 quid from dicksons in lewisham high street. Of course this could all be bull someone biging them selfs up to a work collegue ect, the dad never said the boys name just hes 16, has played first team and is quote thin all i can think of is Aswad Thomas, any ideas??

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I think the dad is bullshitting his mate. We'd all know who the kid was and in any case £8k PW Believe me, he's having a laugh.
  • Was thinking the same - bullshitter - not only about the figure but about the whole thing! He probably plays for Junior Reds U16s!!
  • The most senior of our Senior Pro's are on not a lot more than that. No way are CAFC paying 16 years olds that sort of Dough. You should have outed him in front of hit mate as a Bullshitter !
  • I was tempted to butt in and say "oh im a season ticket holder at the valley, who is this is superstar!!" he said frank arneson??? or someone had been to there house. i didnt take it as gospel because everyone bigs things up just wondered who it was thats all.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I was tempted to butt in and say "oh im a season ticket holder at the valley, who is this is superstar!!" he said frank arneson??? or someone had been to there house. i didnt take it as gospel because everyone bigs things up just wondered who it was thats all.

And now we will never know thanks to you! Go and hang around outside Cafe Nero until you see him again. : - )
  • Isn't Shelvey 16?
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Isn't Shelvey 16?
    and white!
  • rubbish jouno Adam you should be ashamed of yourself half a fecking story???
  • [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Isn't Shelvey 16?
    and white!

Yeah yeah!
  • Yeah, Billy Liar basically.
  • Sponsored links:

• i have just been offerd a job at the Sun after they saw my article here.. he he.
  • Your far to good a journo for them mate you got some of the story right, the bit about you actually overhearing it makes it true and a sun Journo would never put the truth b4 a good story
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Isn't Shelvey 16?[/quote]and white![/quote]

he does look a bit albino
  • 800 a week more like and I'd even doubt that.
  • I've read before on a Palace forum that Bostock is now on around 7k a week at Spurs and this is a premier league club paying the England under 17 captain. And even that figure is probably inflated. Absolutely no way would we afford 8k a week to a 16 year old.
  • More like £8,000 a year at that age...at least with us that is...can't say about some of the daft money being paid by some on The Prem clubs!
  • The most shocking aspect of this story is the fact that you are brazzenly admitting to sucking up to your boss by going out and getting him a coffee. Let the lazy fecker get his own.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]More like £8,000 a year at that age...at least with us that is...can't say about some of the daft money being paid by some on The Prem clubs!

16 year olds don't get a wage as such. They are on a scholarship (I think it is called). At 17 they can sign pro.

I also doubt Charlton promised this boy a place in the first team. Said he would have more likelihood perhaps.

BS all the way I think.

Face it, Adam lied to us

It was Costa Coffee ; - )
  • ... and he was really on £45 a week working for Lasky's!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... and he was really on £45 a week working for Lasky's!

No, Mr Byrite!
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Isn't Shelvey 16?

nice one medders - Black bloke talking about his son and medders throws Shelvey in the hat.
  • edited October 2008
    Could be his step son. Lots of mixed relationships around these days in any case.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Isn't Shelvey 16?

nice one medders - Black bloke talking about his son and medders throws Shelvey in the hat.

I didnt read that bit of his post but it's also as Henners said
  • DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    How much?
  • don't be silly boys we all know medders posted a comment I would usually post and he jumps on at the drop of an hat.

Take it on the chins FBB

LOL
  • Henry i have the reward card stamped from nero yesterday as proof it was a nero, my boss is a lady Off-it !!
  • ok not arse licking then just rug licking
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Henry i have the reward card stamped from nero yesterday as proof it was a nero, my boss is a lady Off-it !!

In that case, GOOD WORK!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]don't be silly boys we all know medders posted a comment I would usually post and he jumps on at the drop of an hat.

Take it on the chins FBB

LOL

Got to give you one once in a while Ledge. It's still 1259 to my 2 though!