Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Edit: Chappell & Whitehand withdraw from Bromley meeting - Awaiting guidance on format

13»

Comments

• Options
    Not sure I entirely approve of your use of a capital "D" in that post Leroy - twice!
    And what's wrong with your inverted coma key?

;o)
  • Options
    LOL

All right all right so I have a very mild case of dyslexia.

Only found out when I was about 35 as working class kids at big comps didn't have dyslexia in the 1970s
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]And what's wrong with your inverted coma key?
    ;o)
    That'll be an apostrophe then.... ;o)
  • Options
    or parenthesis : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]And I want to know why Northerners are running the club shop

Northerners run the whole club. Steve Waggott = Geordie

There is a statue of a northerner behind the West Stand and even the away end is named after a northerner. : - )

Steve Waggott, Sam Bartram and Jimmy Seed are not just any old Northerners - they're all Geordies
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]And I want to know why Northerners are running the club shop

There is a statue of a northerner behind the West Stand and even the away end is named after a northerner. : - )

Steve Waggott, Sam Bartram and Jimmy Seed are not just any old Northerners - they're all Geordies

North of Watford is all the same to me : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Not sure I entirely approve of your use of a capital "D" in that post Leroy - twice!

;o)

Was that a deliberate mistake Off_it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Not sure I entirely approve of your use of a capital "D" in that post Leroy - twice!

;o)

Was that a deliberate mistake Off_it?

Me? Playing games? After a light ale?

Not guilty M'lud!
  • Options
    Serious question...what time do I need to get there to ensure I get in? Have to do a drop-off in Blackfen at 7pm and was gonna go straight to the meeting from there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Serious question...what time do I need to get there to ensure I get in? Have to do a drop-off in Blackfen at 7pm and was gonna go straight to the meeting from there.[/quote]

We are starting at 8.00 am We have to get the AGM out of the way for which we will be attempting to break the world record.

If you are coming from Blackfen at, say,7.15 I can't see a problem other than finding a parking space.

You can come in after it starts and stand by the bar in any case

Really got no idea how many will turn up. I would normally have expected 60 but now who knows
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]And I want to know why Northerners are running the club shop[/quote]

There is a statue of a northerner behind the West Stand and even the away end is named after a northerner. : - )[/quote]

Steve Waggott, Sam Bartram and Jimmy Seed are not just any old Northerners - they're all Geordies[/quote]

North of Watford is all the same to me : - )[/quote]

North of Watford ?

North of the bloody Thames is strangeland.
  • Options
    I can't wait until tomorrow night....it's going to be very very strange with all us fans being able to discuss all sorts of things amongst ourselves but virtualy unable to have the same discussions with our guest speakers....we'll all be walking on glass to some extent....just how it's gonna turn out is indeed an open ended book and how we can all actually stick to the 'rules of conduct' is going to be hellishly difficult.
    I fancy Ian Wallis(The Chairman tomorrow night), is going to have to be on his toes more than usual to swerve the content away from anything that could be deemed as a no-go subject at this precise moment in time(of which there are literaly thousands of subjects we'd all love to be discussing).....I wish him luck.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Agree Ian is going to have his work cut out and I just hope that once the guests have said "sorry, can't comment on that" people don't just keep asking the same, slightly rephrased question.

BTW we are raffling a signed England shirt with letter of authenticity from the FA so bring some extra spending cash.
  • Options
    Can't people just ask the same questions that they would have asked, if the meeting had been last week?

You know, about Old Father Holland, Ambrose assists and ZZ's groin?

And there's always the pot-holes in the car park, you know.
  • Options
    Whats wrong with the car-park ?
  • Options
    Might persuade the other half to visit her parents, they live in Bickley, nice double up.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    "DEFINITELY ON"?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=49726

Charlton directors have pulled out of tonight's meeting of the Bromley branch of the Supporters' Club on the advice of bankers Rothschild who are heavily involved in the club's proposed takeover by Dubai-based Zabeel Investments.

Derek Chappell, chairman of Charlton plc, vice-chairman Bob Whitehand and football club chairman Richard Murray, who brokered the deal, had accepted invitations to attend an eagerly awaited question and answer session.

Ian Wallis, who was set to chair the meeting, said: "We have been told that the issue is so sensitive that Rothschild strongly advised all three directors not to attend. We have been left with no option but to accept that decision.

"But the meeting will go-ahead as scheduled as it is the Bromley branch's annual meeting."

Meanwhile, a report today suggested that Zabeel were considering making a bid for Premier League West Ham.
  • Options
    "Definitely / Maybe ".
    we know asong about that.
  • Options
    I'll find out from Ian exactly what the format shall be and advise people when i know.
  • Options
    shame, but not totally unexpected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will we EVER get to know about the potholes in the West Stand car park?
  • Options
    on reflection this must be good news. If the deal were off surely they could attend and, although they may not be able to talk about it, other questions could be answered. With the process still continuing it is the only issue that we are really concerned with now hence it would make it very awkward.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    possibly not helped by the report by kent online implying that the directors would be letting Kent based fans get info on the deal. derr... I also wouldn't think this was a good sign, if anything a bad sign but I prefer to think its just common sense.
  • Options
    Frankly I was very surprised they still intended to go once the announcement was made on Friday, so this reported change comes as no surprise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Frankly I was very surprised they still intended to go once the announcement was made on Friday, so this reported change comes as no surprise.

Dissapointed of course but fully understand the position for all concerned...it was going to be very awkward wasn't it.
    When you think about it almost every question put to them might have had a link or a way back to things that have been going on at the club for quite sometime and as such how could they answer those questions truthfully.
    Just one simple example....Why was Andy Reid sold?
    Well it now seems there's a strong possibility that he was sold in full knowledge that a deal was in the pipeline...I don't know this of course anymore than the next guy....but it's a thought....so right there is a typical question that could go round in an embarrassing circle....Errrr well, we can't exactly answer that....... kind of a reply.
    We may well have all sat there staring at the floor for a couple of hours....how bloody funny would that have been.
    I may still pop along as due to the international break I need my weekly fix of Charlton folk around me for a group hug.
  • Options
    was thinking of going tonight 'til Soundas mentioned the "group hug" !
  • Options
    will they come to Bromley now that the take over has been resolved ?