Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Shrewsbury Town 0-2 Charlton Athletic

many thanks to the 17 Lifers who gave marks
I only use marks from those who watch the whole game, if you watch less, be it at the match or on a stream, please say so as it seems that you all do, for which I thank you

Comments

• Blimey, I've not checked nor thought about it for a while but the amount of clean sheets that Amos has seems to have flown up - Thought he'd only kept about four of them around February time
  • Page is getting consistently high scores.
    Liked him from day one, believe it or not. Has been very unlucky with injuries, but he’s a quality left back.
  • edited April 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Page is getting consistently high scores.
    Liked him from day one, believe it or not. Has been very unlucky with injuries, but he’s a quality left back.

Do you know, I really agree with this. Last season when he came into the side, along with suspension and injury, he looked shaky and uncertain.
    But fair play to the lad, he's really made his mark since his return to the team. And we look a better, more solid side with him in it.

Well done, Pagey!

(erm .... should I have called him that? ) :smile:
  • Very harsh on Marshall. His shift went unnoticed it seems.
  • JamesSeed said:

Seemed to fall foul of Robinson's poor management

Wasnt there one game he played in front of the West Stand where someone heard Robinson shouting he was on his last chance else he'd be subbed?
  • JamesSeed said:

Wasnt there one game he played in front of the West Stand where someone heard Robinson shouting he was on his last chance else he'd be subbed?
    I don't remember that. He was a Robinson signing though. And he couldn't have played more than a handful of games under Robinson. Also, we don't know the context of "you're on your last chance," it could mean "or you're out of the club," it could be about being subbed, it could be he'd do extra running as punishment, whatever.
  • It does mean that when Dasilva goes back to Chelsea we should have a decent LB
  • ross1 said:

It does mean that when Dasilva goes back to Chelsea we should have a decent LB

No chance. Page will be sold to Millwall.

That'll make OohAah happy. :smile:

• edited April 2018
    I didn't get a chance to do mine because I got busy and didn't get a chance to watch in until last night. Can I just say it felt so good to do to someone else what so many teams have done to us this season. We weren't particularly good. I think the flat 4-4-2 was a mistake. But Shrewsbury were way off the pace and we knicked a scrappy goal. We created some good chances from individual moments of quality without playing that well. We've had maybe two or three wins like that this season, MK Dons away and Wimbledon at home spring to mind. They're the kind of wins you need to make the playoffs so it felt good.

For whatever it's worth

Amos - 7 Didn't have a lot to do but he made a couple good saves

Dijksteel - 7 Still gets sucked out of position at times, either too high up the pitch or too narrow, but he was very solid 1-v-1.

Bauer 7.5 - Bauer. Couple of miskicks but good overall

Pearce 8 - Extra half point for the goal which he knew nothing about. Scrappy Jason Pearce performance. It wasn't pretty. There were times when I questioned his positioning and if he was marking anyone, but it worked out in the end.

Page 8 - Good going forward, solid defensively. As mentioned above has come into the team with little fuss and done a very good job.

Konsa - 7.5 - Solid, scrappy performance. He is not a holding midfielder by trade, and his positioning is suspect. I think putting him on a midfield two in a 4-4-2 was a mistake, thought he looked better in the second half. But he's a good footballer who is good on the ball and broke up play.

Forster-Caskey - 8 Slightly different role as he had more freedom with Konsa sitting. He was very busy and looked to burst into the box whenever possible. Having an excellent second half of the season. Would love to see him start on the left side of the diamond on Saturday with Kashi at the base.

Marshall - 6.5 Was there. This is someone who scored 10 league goals last season and caused defenses fits. He doesn't look anywhere near that. He gets the mark for putting in a good shift, as he always does, but at some point he needs to produce something offensively.

Fosu - 8 - Moving him more centrally in the second half made the difference. He looked a constant threat after that. In the first half in a flat 4-4-2 he looked isolated on the wing, which was wholly predictable, and I'd struggle to name more than a couple touches he had. Is far more scrappy than he's given credit for.

Mav - 7 Showed a couple moments of magic. It was such a scrappy game that we struggled to get him the ball in places he could be dangerous. But the run on the touch line that drew a good save from Henderson was a good reminder of what he's capable of. A confidence player and hopefully got some of that back.

Magennis 8 - Hassled and harried and his movement caused problems for their defense. Nothing illustrates it better than the goal. He and Mav link up well and while they weren't brilliant on Tuesday, I think they're worth another go.

• Sorry SD, fantastic summary, well written but far too late because the Shrewsbury match is so yesterday (or even Tuesday).

Right now everybody is looking forward to the big disappointment which will be Saturday's match. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I don't remember that - I just remember he looked pretty sharp, but would play for about twelve minutes before getting injured and missing the following six weeks. I need to check the stats I guess.
  • Oggy Red said:

Sorry SD, fantastic summary, well written but far too late because the Shrewsbury match is so yesterday (or even Tuesday).

Right now everybody is looking forward to the big disappointment which will be Saturday's match. :smile:

Ha thanks, sorry I wasn't expecting it to be counted, just wanted to put in my 2p. Should have made that clear.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I don't remember that - I just remember he looked pretty sharp, but would play for about twelve minutes before getting injured and missing the following six weeks. I need to check the stats I guess.
    Yeah he was sent off against Bolton maybe a bit harshly, maybe not. And then it sounded like he started well against Millwall and then got injured about half an hour in. He was out for a while, I remember he came back for a few games but it was very stop start. He had that hamstring operation around April I think, and he said it'd been bothering him for a while. All in all we didn't see much of him. I remember people saying he looked bad when he came back around March time, but it seems he was playing with a knock and four or five games doesn't make a 20-yea-old a bad footballer.

It's still very impressive how he had come into the side after a year out and just slotted straight in with no fuss. Especially in that left back role in our team you have to cover a lot of ground. But he's been solid defensively and he's a tidy player in the ball who gets forward well and can put a decent cross in. He's not at DaSilva's standard but then I'd say few if any in this division are. Really excited to see what he can do with a full preseason behind him.
  • SDAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Yeah he was sent off against Bolton maybe a bit harshly, maybe not. And then it sounded like he started well against Millwall and then got injured about half an hour in. He was out for a while, I remember he came back for a few games but it was very stop start. He had that hamstring operation around April I think, and he said it'd been bothering him for a while. All in all we didn't see much of him. I remember people saying he looked bad when he came back around March time, but it seems he was playing with a knock and four or five games doesn't make a 20-yea-old a bad footballer.

It's still very impressive how he had come into the side after a year out and just slotted straight in with no fuss. Especially in that left back role in our team you have to cover a lot of ground. But he's been solid defensively and he's a tidy player in the ball who gets forward well and can put a decent cross in. He's not at DaSilva's standard but then I'd say few if any in this division are. Really excited to see what he can do with a full preseason behind him.
    I think he can go as far in football as 'little Jay', despite being slightly less accomplished on the ball. If Jay was 5 inches taller he'd probably have Real Madrid chasing him.
  • Gone all season without a red card!? Must be a first...
  • cafc-west said:

Gone all season without a red card!? Must be a first...

First game of the season.
  • bobcafc7 said:

cafc-west said:

Novak
  • bobcafc7 said:

cafc-west said:

thanks for reminding me, I'll return him to the bottom of the list
  • Looks like we are playing the form sides in the final 3 games, hopefully we can raise our game. Win this Saturday is the key
  • Looks like we are playing the form sides in the final 3 games, hopefully we can raise our game. Win this Saturday is the key

We ourselves are on a winning run since Tuesday - we're a form team too!:smile: