Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North Stand Advice

Just home from Portsmouth and considering breaking our ban and coming to the Valley next Saturday. Always sat in the East or West pre RD but don’t want to give the Belgium more money than is necessary.
I need advice on where to sit in the north for a good view but hopefully without people standing in front.

Comments

• Towards the front, avoid J ans H block if you don't want to stand
  • Block K is the small block at the front in the middle. Best view in the stand IMO, nobody stands and the atmosphere is as good as anywhere else in the Upper
  • Or you could gamble and just get kids or students tickets. Never seen anyone check.
  • Block K is the small block at the front in the middle. Best view in the stand IMO, nobody stands and the atmosphere is as good as anywhere else in the Upper

Keep it down. Like a spare seat to put my thermos on.
  • Uboat said:

Or you could gamble and just get kids or students tickets. Never seen anyone check.

They actually were checking last game I went which was Rotherham.

Went to walk up to the turnstile and a steward checked my ticket before I scanned it
  • dont go to upper north too often but was in some seats the other week where we were just in front of an entrance.

You could sit, or stand if you wanted as no one was behind you.

Row BB somewhere.
  • The covered end is not the best for sitting down.
  • cblock said:

The covered end is not the best for sitting down.

Or for watching the football if that big yellow thing is in the sky.
  • cafcfan said:

cblock said:

Or for watching the football if that big yellow thing is in the sky.
    It wasn't too bad against Scunny - late enough in the year that the sun is reasonably high at 3-4 o'clock. Unfortunately this meant I could see the whole bloody match.
  • Redrobo said:

Block K is the small block at the front in the middle. Best view in the stand IMO, nobody stands and the atmosphere is as good as anywhere else in the Upper

Keep it down. Like a spare seat to put my thermos on.
    Keep your thermos under your blanket.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Would be good if we could get the 2500 from yesterday all in the north lower to generate the same atmosphere. Surely the club could arrange it if required. For one game only go down and swap your ST for a ticket in the NL! Easy, come on charlton sort it out
  • The upper has a rake more suited to sitting and seeing but fans more likely to stand the higher and more left you go..
  • cblock said:

Perfect if/when safe standing is introduced.
  • Sit in NW Quadrant. Right next to the COVERED END so still get the atmosphere and a get a great view.
  • Just home from Portsmouth and considering breaking our ban and coming to the Valley next Saturday. Always sat in the East or West pre RD but don’t want to give the Belgium more money than is necessary.
    I need advice on where to sit in the north for a good view but hopefully without people standing in front.

Hold firm Lancs, any money to RD is bad money.

#notapennymore
  • Surely it's money well spent if it helps the team get into the playoffs and beyond
  • Surely it's money well spent if it helps the team get into the playoffs and beyond

Agree 100%. More chance of getting a buyer if we get promoted, and more chance of getting promoted with a full ground / away following.

Agree 100%. More chance of getting a buyer if we get promoted, and more chance of getting promoted with a full ground / away following.

Or, alternatively, Roland could decide that he's rather good at this football lark after all and decide to stick around for a few more years.
  • Get a ticket for the family stand. They are the cheapest. Then, when you get there you can decide whether to sit in your seats or sit further along in the upper north or head down to the lower north as there is one set of stairs servicing all !
  • NW quadrant is also connected to North Upper, and then you can’t get through to the west unless you fancy a bit of jumping over stuff
  • Sponsored links:

Or, alternatively, Roland could decide that he's rather good at this football lark after all and decide to stick around for a few more years.
    I honestly doubt it. As soon as he gets an acceptable offer he’s done.

I would not be so sure, if he is one step away from the Premiership he may well stick around and see how it pans out.

I would not be so sure, if he is one step away from the Premiership he may well stick around and see how it pans out.
    The takeover is a done deal though!!.........
  • thanks for all the advice
    I stood at Fratton Park which I found very painful and didn't want to risk that again so have chicken out and booked lower west near where our season ticket were, I'll try and get them singing if I can.
  • thanks for all the advice
    I stood at Fratton Park which I found very painful and didn't want to risk that again so have chicken out and booked lower west near where our season ticket were, I'll try and get them singing if I can.

Lower West singing, fat chance!
  • Have a baseball cap. Sit near the front. All will be good.