Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Amos Warm Up Routines

Before kick off on Saturday it was interesting to see Ben Amos’s warm up routine which involved all sorts of stretch exercises and a lot of different shot saving. I guess the guy managing the session was the goalkeeping coach and he certainly put Ben through it even continuing when the players came out for kick off. It is the most exhaustive routine I’ve ever seem for a Charlton ‘keeper.

It certainly worked

Comments

• Brilliant keeper.
    As i keep sayng, Boltons no 1 keeper must be one hell of a goalie.
  • We must be able to sign him permanently this summer regardless of division
  • Brilliant keeper.

Ben Alnwick
  • Brilliant keeper.

Ben Alnwick
    Alnwick ??!! - really ??

Bloody hell.
  • Ben Hamer, Ben Alnwick, Ben Amos, a bit of a pattern there!
  • I wonder if Ben could be the goalkeeping penalty hero at Wembley ?
  • I really rate him. One of our players of the season IMHO.
  • POTY - no doubt.
  • POTY - no doubt.

Definitely!
  • Ben Hamer, Ben Alnwick, Ben Amos, a bit of a pattern there!

we also had Ben Roberts helping a couple of those out!
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d like us to sign him permanently, he’s been very good this season. He got my vote for POTY.
  • yeah I would probably take him in either League to be fair. Perhaps a little harsh on Phillips, I thought he might get the jersey in League 1, but no way should he go into a Champ season as Number 1.
  • The (alleged) £18k a week may be a stumbling block...
  • The (alleged) £18k a week may be a stumbling block...

Any idea when his contract is up? Another loan deal may be in the offing at least, but if Bolton release him he cannot possibly expect to have that salary matched elsewhere.

Possibly the best keeper we've had since being relegated from the premier league, and better than some of the ones we had while in the premier league, imho. Good shot stopper and commands his area very well. He inspires confidence and clearly settles the nerves of his back four too. Doesn't appear to have any significant weaknesses.
  • I don't think he's better than Hamer, but there's not much in it. A fully fit Henderson was a top keeper too
  • edited April 2018
    Acoording to wiki, his contract at Bolton ends in July 2019.
  • For me, the thing that makes him even more impressive this season other than the performances he has put in and the saves he has made at times, is the amount of different players and partnerships in the defence this season.

Far less now we have Bowyer in charge, but you can be certain that if we still had Robinson, we would’ve seen Konsa and Sarr at centre back as well as Bauer and Pearce these last 8 games.

When you think we have had Solly, Dijksteel, Konsa, Bauer, Pearce, Sarr, Lennon, Dasilva, Jackson, and Page - all playing in defence at some point this season is craziness.

So to only have conceded 50 goals this season, and only Wigan, Blackburn, Shrewsbury, and Scunthorpe to have conceded less makes him far more impressive.
  • Sage said:

For me, the thing that makes him even more impressive this season other than the performances he has put in and the saves he has made at times, is the amount of different players and partnerships in the defence this season.

Far less now we have Bowyer in charge, but you can be certain that if we still had Robinson, we would’ve seen Konsa and Sarr at centre back as well as Bauer and Pearce these last 8 games.

When you think we have had Solly, Dijksteel, Konsa, Bauer, Pearce, Sarr, Lennon, Dasilva, Jackson, and Page - all playing in defence at some point this season is craziness.

So to only have conceded 50 goals this season, and only Wigan, Blackburn, Shrewsbury, and Scunthorpe to have conceded less makes him far more impressive.

In the last 10 games (i.e. after the Peterborough game) we've scored 13 goals but conceded only 5.

During this period Amos has been superb, clearly having a settled defence helps, but to me he's really stepped up, he looks like one of the senior players out there now. Many great saves, but it's his handling that stands out to me, the way he plucks crosses out of the air must give the defence so much confidence. I'm struggling to think of a Charlton keeper who's so dominant in his box.
  • <<b>blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafcfan1990">I don't think he's better than Hamer, but there's not much in it. A fully fit Henderson was a top keeper too

I don't think he's better than Hamer, but there's not much in it. A fully fit Henderson was a top keeper too

There is no such thing.
  • Swisdom said:

<<b>blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafcfan1990">I don't think he's better than Hamer, but there's not much in it. A fully fit Henderson was a top keeper too

I don't think he's better than Hamer, but there's not much in it. A fully fit Henderson was a top keeper too

There is no such thing.

Haha true enough. I liked him though and it’s a shame about his injuries, I think he would have had a decent career with a few Ireland caps
  • Sponsored links:

• Mustard today.. immense
  • I wonder if Ben could be the goalkeeping penalty hero at Wembley ?

Id prefer it if we didnt even need Extra Time
  • I hope we keep him.
  • Webbja77 said:

Mustard today.. immense

Best save was the one down low in the second half.
  • annoyingly I think I missed my chance to vote in the POTY competition but if I had this man would of got my vote. he's been immense this season and yesterday was another game saving display.
  • Before kick off on Saturday it was interesting to see Ben Amos’s warm up routine which involved all sorts of stretch exercises and a lot of different shot saving. I guess the guy managing the session was the goalkeeping coach and he certainly put Ben through it even continuing when the players came out for kick off. It is the most exhaustive routine I’ve ever seem for a Charlton ‘keeper.

It certainly worked

The warm up for a keeper is very important. They will have different systems, but they have to start the game ready in their own mind.