Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Hope she got sacked from teaching as well.
  • bloody hell. In a way that's a really good video for the regulating body to use in an advert. Just the whole footage is very hard hitting and I think would make for a good advertising campaign
  • 41 year old teacher, fine example to the children.
  • 41 year old teacher, fine example to the children.

Steady on - the PC brigade will be on soon talking about alcohol addiction and support.
  • What a first class twat!

That is disgusting.

If I have a pint, I wont drive. Plan ahead, get a cab, don't be a selfish c*nt!
  • Should be a prison sentence without doubt.
  • bobmunro said:

41 year old teacher, fine example to the children.

Steady on - the PC brigade will be on soon talking about alcohol addiction and support.
    The PC brigade are a bit short staffed due to funding cuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

41 year old teacher, fine example to the children.

What a stupid thing to say. I suppose I am in "the PC brigade" but I couldn't imagine anyone saying that doing that is in any way not reprehensible.
  • Make her Queen!
  • People like this are pure scum, no discussion needed about it.

12 month community service and 24 month ban from driving is an absolute joke. Should be banned for life and spend significant jail time.

I've had discussions with people before about drink drivers getting banned for life and they argue that being able to drive is vital for most people's income. I don't give a fuck, they should think about that before hand, just like when someone commits any crime.
  • Having just watched the film it's pretty shocking. I would like to have seen her sent to prison for that.

I'm sick to death of the lenient attitude towards dangerous driving in this country.
  • The crash happened about a mile from where I live and she passed the end of our road just after swerving through the roadworks in Peartree Lane. The same footage on Facebook shows the data from the camera and that she was doing over 50 mph at that point. It is a narrow residential road with plenty of pedestrian use. The fact that she isn't heading inside is purely down to luck that it was a stationery vehicle she ended up hitting rather than a passer by or one of the road workers. Luck shouldn't allow her to get off so lightly.
  • Just seen that a driver who killed to young boys in Coventry in Feb whilst 4 times over the limit for cocaine has been given 9 years. He had 30 (yes, THIRTY) previous convictions for driving whilst disqualified. Something has to be done to stop these people from ever driving again.

That fucker should simply be shot. Piece of filth. I'd happily do it myself.
  • Living and working in Luxembourg, i am quite shocked by their general relaxed, lenient attitude re drink drivers. My boss regularly (twice a week) drives home after work well worse for wear , and this is a regular occurrence amongst the people in my office. The culture is of having 2-3 hour lunches, drink as much as you can, generally wine, and then work it off in the afternoon.
    However, in saying that, i have only been breathalysed twice in my life, once in Luxembourg and once in Belgium .
    My work colleague regularly goes out in the city - drinks as much as he wants and then drives home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Living and working in Luxembourg, i am quite shocked by their general relaxed, lenient attitude re drink drivers. My boss regularly (twice a week) drives home after work well worse for wear , and this is a regular occurrence amongst the people in my office. The culture is of having 2-3 hour lunches, drink as much as you can, generally wine, and then work it off in the afternoon.
    However, in saying that, i have only been breathalysed twice in my life, once in Luxembourg and once in Belgium .
    My work colleague regularly goes out in the city - drinks as much as he wants and then drives home.

About time you made a 'phone call to Vieux Guillaume next time he does it.
  • Ashers said:

The crash happened about a mile from where I live and she passed the end of our road just after swerving through the roadworks in Peartree Lane. The same footage on Facebook shows the data from the camera and that she was doing over 50 mph at that point. It is a narrow residential road with plenty of pedestrian use. The fact that she isn't heading inside is purely down to luck that it was a stationery vehicle she ended up hitting rather than a passer by or one of the road workers. Luck shouldn't allow her to get off so lightly.

my parents live just the other side of the roundabout in Little Common. Was in the area last sunday with my kids. Dread to think that I may have been driving along the same road as her sometime.
  • I thought you had to be famous and loaded to pay for top lawyers to get you pitiful sentences , one rule for them and err erm

Belgium's attitude towards drink driving is astonishing.

A true story

A guy I know, Belgian, regular as clockwork will have 7 or 8 pinchers which are half or maybe third pint glasses of their strong shit and drive home or anywhere for that matter. He's been caught by Belgian plod more times than I've made visits to Belgium which is well into the dozens.

He once got so pissed, he was on the lash in Holland which is like going to Bexley from Chatham over there and drove back to the motherland is guess about 5 times the limit, smashed into a raised level crossing leaving the chassis and wheels of his car in Holland and him and his passenger in Belgium

He got a 2 week ban and a pretty hefty fine.

This was about his 6th offence! They put a lot of ounus on bar owners for some reason when they catch drunk drivers. Not that it makes any difference

The place is mental, get caught 5 times the limit, so pissed you would be kicked off a Ryanair flight, crash a car into a house, get a fortnight ban

clip a cyclist stone cold sober, you are going to prison
  • The law really needs to change to reflect the fact that people who drink and/or consume drugs, then get behind the wheel, are no longer in possession of a vehicle but a lethal weapon.
    No one has a right to drive. Everyone has a responsibility to drive within the law. Too many judges and magistrates are deciding that the right is more important than the responsibility and handing out lenient sentences.
    That woman should never be allowed to drive again. It is sickening to think she will be doing so again in only two years. It doesn't matter if you are a pedestrian, cyclist or motorist, having idiots like that sharing our roads will result in people dying or receiving life-changing injuries.
  • Just seen that a driver who killed to young boys in Coventry in Feb whilst 4 times over the limit for cocaine has been given 9 years. He had 30 (yes, THIRTY) previous convictions for driving whilst disqualified. Something has to be done to stop these people from ever driving again.

Radio 5 Live reported tonight the geezer has never taken a driving test or had license to have taken away.
  • edited April 2018

Just seen that a driver who killed to young boys in Coventry in Feb whilst 4 times over the limit for cocaine has been given 9 years. He had 30 (yes, THIRTY) previous convictions for driving whilst disqualified. Something has to be done to stop these people from ever driving again.

Radio 5 Live reported tonight the geezer has never taken a driving test or had license to have taken away.
    Assuming that he has registeted the car with DVLA then I think they should need to see a valid driving licence before issuing a log book.

There is a driving limit for gear?

Assuming that he has registeted the car with DVLA then I think they should need to see a valid driving licence before issuing a log book.
    Well the DVLA do issue the driving licences too....

But it is perfectly legitimate to be the registered keeper or owner of a vehicle and not hold a licence. Prime examples of this would be companies' fleets of vehicles including trucks and rental vehicles. Then there are museums that have collections of vehicles. There are, too, vehicles that never get to put their rubber down on the public highway: track cars, green laning 4x4s, and the like where vehicles are trailered to/from where they are used. Then there's farms' quad bikes, etc; the list is probably endless.