Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury or Scunthorpe

Looking like Shrewsbury at the moment, over two legs, barring more injuries, I think things are looking good.

Comments

• No chickens being counted here...

Hard not to ... but I get what you mean.
  • edited April 2018
    Shewsbury could be a spent force come they playoffs , I'd fancy us strongly over two legs against them but not so much against Scunthorpe.

Really hoping for a Scunny win Tuesday would pretty much seal a play off spot for us and it will probably mean that we take on the Shrews.
  • I thought 3rd played 6th, 4th vs 5th?
    Would mean a game against Rotherham as it stands!
  • Wouldn't it be Shrewsbury or Rotherham?
  • Yeah it'll be Shrewsbury or Rotherham.
  • Rotherham
  • Shrewsbury have finished 3rd, the others to be decided, Rotherham have already finished 4th.
  • much of a muchness
  • Shrewsbury look like they have put so much into the season only to run out of steam - must be gutting for them.
    Teams that go up from playoffs tend to be ones with momentum - and guess who that is !!!???
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

I thought 3rd played 6th, 4th vs 5th?
    Would mean a game against Rotherham as it stands!

Yeah but ideally we need Scunthorpe to beat Plymouth on Tuesday, that'll put them in 5th, two points and a better Goal Difference clear of us

They'd need to lose against Bradford and for us to beat Rochdale for us to re-overtake them
  • Beggars can't be choosers but...I'd rather finish 6th, and play Shrewsbury in the semis than finish 5th and play Rotherham
  • Shrewsbury look like they have put so much into the season only to run out of steam - must be gutting for them.
    Teams that go up from playoffs tend to be ones with momentum - and guess who that is !!!???

Yup been thinking that for a while. There's always one team that goes on a run late, gets themselves in the playoffs, and usually does well. Obviously hoping that's us this year.

Beyond that I will not answer any further speculation as I fear it is terrible luck.
  • What worries me about Rotherham is the fact we've beaten them twice already this season

To do it a third and potentially fourth time would be very impressive
  • What worries me about Rotherham is the fact we've beaten them twice already this season

No need to beat them twice more.

Just win the first leg 6-0, we can then rest players and allow them a 1-0 consolation win :smile:

No need to beat them twice more.

Just win the first leg 6-0, we can then rest players and allow them a 1-0 consolation win :smile:
    Is why I mentioned we only needed to potentially beat them a fourth time ;)
  • I really hope we get Shrewsbury, as I couldn’t go to the mid week game previously, and I’m itching to get it off of my grounds to do list.
  • No chickens being counted here...

Too bloody right - let's do the business next Saturday first! If we get through that I really don't care who we get - if we play like we have the last three matches we will blow anybody out of the water!