Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best position for Ezri Konsa?

2»

Comments

• Wolves and either Cardiff or Fulham are going up. How many players do they have under 6ft. If we go up we need to wise up. Clark, Reeves, Page Solly aren't going to cut it. We can afford one, no more. Konza needed anywhere.
  • I would agree that RB is not his best position.
  • Best position is holding midfield. RB he is so poor positionally (see Millwall away last year). CB he can be great but so often he seems to slip or make a mistake which is exposed much more at centre half rather than midfield.
  • He played well on Saturday. I think he's got the grace and speed to be a centre back but I don't see him as being aggressive enough at the moment
  • We are talking football are we..?
  • Wolves and either Cardiff or Fulham are going up. How many players do they have under 6ft. If we go up we need to wise up. Clark, Reeves, Page Solly aren't going to cut it. We can afford one, no more. Konza needed anywhere.

Im glad we turned Messi down! Just too small for next season :wink:
  • I'm a great fan of young players playing in different positions, I think it improves them.

it does, but as Foreveraddickted mentioned, there is the danger of Phil Jones syndrome
    Playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world and having several England first team caps...

• Missionary
  • A very gifted player who at the moment is finding his way in the footballing world,he can do a job defence or midfield but I think centre back will turn out to be his best position,once he learns to concentrate for 90 m.He should avoid becoming a utility player as this will mean he just fits in to various positions now and then,and wont get the amount of football he needs to develop.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    He does have to make some improvements - In terms of right back, he is strong enough and quick enough but needs to develop his attacking game - In terms of centre back, has all the attributes bar improving himself in the air and in midfield needs to improve his touch and vision a bit. He can do jobs in all of those positions, but if he improves in all the areas he can, he will become a very good player. It is good for him to play different positions and try to improve. And it is probably equally good he can do this a lower league level at this point.
  • Defensive midfielder
  • I think the debate just indicates the stage in his career he's at, which is the stage of being an inconsistent young player. He's had games at CB where he's looked calm and assured on the ball and dominated strikers. He's also had games at CB where he's looked completely unable to position himself or keep concentration and been bullied by attackers. In midfield he's sometimes shielded the defence well and driven the ball up the pitch, at other times he's been completely exposed by smarter midfielders. At RB he's either looked like a dominating full back or a total liability. I'm not sure what his best position is at this point but I think that will become clear as he develops consistency in his game