Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Wedding Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Only time i have ever been glad i was working nights over a weekend. Slept through the whole lot of it.

Thank goodness you woke up in time to share your fascinating insight with us all though.
    No you have already bored us with that.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Only time i have ever been glad i was working nights over a weekend. Slept through the whole lot of it.

Thank goodness you woke up in time to share your fascinating insight with us all though.
    I bored everyone with your fascinating insight? Crikey!
  • Options
    Anyway, three cheers and a rowdy huzzah to the happy couple!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Go stand behind the railings again with your little union jack flag pretending to be a patriot.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Go stand behind the railings again with your little union jack flag pretending to be a patriot.
    Blimey, can tell someone only just woke up.

Wrong side of bed Chippy?
  • Options

Posts on facebook about "Showing the world how to do royal weddings". Can't help but wonder how many royal weddings from other countries they have ever watched in order to make a comparison?

I was saying to the Mrs this week funnily enough, whether it's someone being interviewed in deepest Africa, or someone being interviewed in America, when they reference "The Royals", they mean the British Royals, not the Dutch, not the Danes, not Norwegian, the British. When it come to this kind of thing, the others ain't even close and I don't think that you've got to watch one of their wedding to realise it
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Fuck off!
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Blimey, can tell someone only just woke up.

Wrong side of bed Chippy?
    He’s pwaoppa Celtic mate.

And Cowdenbeath.

And Charlton.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:

seth plum said:

Some random thoughts.
    God knows what would've happened if it had rained but the weather has been splendid.
    Apart from Major I didn't see many politicians.
    The packaging generated this morning by everybody wearing brand new shirts and socks and keks must've been awesome.
    I didn't see much mobile phone usage or hear one go off.
    I thought Meghans mum looked a bit lonely at times and wished she had a mate with her.
    The collective bladder control of everybody was impressive.
    A lot of the hats would have been useless in the rain, but on the up side most of them could be angled to give a bit of shade.
    The age group from about 8 to 17 looked underrepresented.
    The two familiar hymns were lovely and especially nice that local boy, and would've been Addick, Thomas Tallis, was featured in the music.
    We also had another Charlton connection when the splendid equine creatures went away, it was Goodbye Horse.

Charles did a good job looking out for her a couple of times
    I thought that, held her hand etc. Nice touch (no pun intended).
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Uboat said:

Absolutely fabulous (bar the American preacher and what sounded like red indians outside the chapel.

Great Britain at its pomp, ceremonial best in the sunshine.

Greatest country in the world and why what looked like a million people graced the streets to wave their flags

Rule Brittania

Good that the foreigners didn't totally ruin it for you.
    I really don't get arseholes like you. why ruin everyone else's fun? I mean I get it if you don't agree with it but why bother people that don't? (And I am not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination, I am completely indifferent, but appreciate what these lads have lost out on because of the nature of their birth, specifically their mother)

To quote a great mind of our time, Paulie, "why open the thread?"
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Also I enjoyed spotting the Suits cast. Saw Lewis Litt, Jessica Pearce and Mike Ross, but missed Harvey Spector and Donna :-(

I bet a lot of eyes were on Mike Ross when they asked about anyone objecting!
  • Options
    I thought Reverend Bishop Curry sermon was excellent, beautiful and passionate
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

This was the first big royal event I haven't worked on since before Charles married Diana. Never enjoyed working on them at all. But I actually quite liked watching It today. It was less archaic than usual. I actually liked the American preacher (although I'm not religious), and the gospel choir. The cellist was amazing. Normally I miss this stuff by being stuck in a fixed position, or by being in with the crowd.
    Also I enjoyed spotting the Suits cast. Saw Lewis Litt, Jessica Pearce and Mike Ross, but missed Harvey Spector and Donna :-(

Are you a copper then?
    Cameraman with ITN, but recently retired.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

This was the first big royal event I haven't worked on since before Charles married Diana. Never enjoyed working on them at all. But I actually quite liked watching It today. It was less archaic than usual. I actually liked the American preacher (although I'm not religious), and the gospel choir. The cellist was amazing. Normally I miss this stuff by being stuck in a fixed position, or by being in with the crowd.

Are you a copper then?
    No......he’s a waiter.
    You mean like Waiting for Godot?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Are you a copper then?
    No......he’s a waiter.
    You mean like Waiting for Godot?
    Is that a play about kicking the Beckett Bucket?
  • Options

rina said:

seth plum said:

Some random thoughts.
    God knows what would've happened if it had rained but the weather has been splendid.
    Apart from Major I didn't see many politicians.
    The packaging generated this morning by everybody wearing brand new shirts and socks and keks must've been awesome.
    I didn't see much mobile phone usage or hear one go off.
    I thought Meghans mum looked a bit lonely at times and wished she had a mate with her.
    The collective bladder control of everybody was impressive.
    A lot of the hats would have been useless in the rain, but on the up side most of them could be angled to give a bit of shade.
    The age group from about 8 to 17 looked underrepresented.
    The two familiar hymns were lovely and especially nice that local boy, and would've been Addick, Thomas Tallis, was featured in the music.
    We also had another Charlton connection when the splendid equine creatures went away, it was Goodbye Horse.

Charles did a good job looking out for her a couple of times
    I thought that, held her hand etc. Nice touch (no pun intended).
    I know someone who works on the Royal Family comms team and she says Charles is meant to be a proper laugh - really funny and down to earth bloke
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Are you a copper then?
    Cameraman with ITN, but recently retired.
    Different kind of OB
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018

Sat and watched with my little girl who’s 5 and she was absolutely blown away by it and tbh I was a little bit too. Think it made it better knowing that the bride was simply a young American that fell for a prince. Everything about it was spot on.

ps would go gay for Beckham. What chance have we got when there’s blokes walking round looking like him.

You’ll need to get behind me in the queue mate....not too close though please.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

The first 20 minutes of it was... :-)
  • Options

Rothko said:

I know, a shock that someone talked about god at a Anglican wedding. 13 minutes is short for a sermon
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Rothko said:

I know, a shock that someone talked about god at a Anglican wedding. 13 minutes is short for a sermon
    How does one measure spunk in time?
  • Options
    ...oh sorry, sermon. My bad
  • Options
    I am stuffed
  • Options
    Thought it was quite nice personally.

I didn't want to watch it, didn't want to like it.

But the romantic in me loved it.
  • Options
    Prince Philip ain't even British