Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Who has made this decision? New owners?

No way is RD forking out for improved ticketing software
  • Another short deadline, ridiculous.

No way is RD forking out for improved ticketing software
    That’s what I thought. Hmm.

• Loyal to that Belgian twat? Fuck off!
  • Ask me when there's a new owner. Then I'll decide how loyal I chose to be.
  • If there is to be a points based loyalty scheme (if i understand this correctly) then if one person in a group does the buying each time (you want to sit together, you don’t all want to pay the telephone charge or the purchase charge) how will the rest know their points have been added to their ‘account’ ?

Still, when you sell out every away game like Charlton I guess you have to introduce these complications...
  • If there is to be a points based loyalty scheme (if i understand this correctly) then if one person in a group does the buying each time (you want to sit together, you don’t all want to pay the telephone charge or the purchase charge) how will the rest know their points have been added to their ‘account’ ?

Still, when you sell out every away game like Charlton I guess you have to introduce these complications...

You just know that we'll get Accrington away on the opening day. We'll then get the usual debate on the sale of tickets.
  • I like it. Really ambitious of the club anticipating it will be needed :) It wasn't that long ago when it was genuinely needed. The days when we have these problems can't come soon enough!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bar Wimbledon there will be no real demand for any League away games. If you want a ticket you will get one. If you are that concerned join Valley Gold.
  • shirty5 said:

Bar Wimbledon there will be no real demand for any League away games. If you want a ticket you will get one. If you are that concerned join Valley Gold.

But when we're storming the division the away following will pick up mate.

You just know that we'll get Accrington away on the opening day. We'll then get the usual debate on the sale of tickets.
    1600 in their away end. Burton 1800. Plenty of room
  • edited May 2018
    shirty5 said:

If there is to be a points based loyalty scheme (if i understand this correctly) then if one person in a group does the buying each time (you want to sit together, you don’t all want to pay the telephone charge or the purchase charge) how will the rest know their points have been added to their ‘account’ ?

1600 in their away end. Burton 1800. Plenty of room
    For both sets of fans.

Well, almost.
  • Need new owners and a new direction before the club needs to worry about attracting enough fans back to worry about a loyalty scheme!
  • And what about those who have had season tickets the last 4 seasons?

I suppose you think we shouldn't have a say...
  • Everybody needs a say to help find the best policy going forwards that hopefully it will have cause to apply.
  • Is loyalty re set each season?
    If Seb missed a season or two is he starting from scratch?
  • Stig said:

Ask me when there's a new owner. Then I'll decide how loyal I chose to be.

Spot on!
  • I've sent an email asking them to reinstate the International Addicks. Of course getting a ticket hasn't been a problem for years but during the Premier League days Ian Cartwright used to sort out tickets for those registered as an overseas fan. I'm prepared to pay for the privilege, provided Roland isn't in charge!

Now with the new influx of Aussie fans in addition to us loyal Charlton-supporting expats, the clamour for tickets from overseas will be unprecedented :wink::smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Is loyalty re set each season?
    If Seb missed a season or two is he starting from scratch?

Why not just reply to the club with what you would like to happen?

A transparent system that recognises the fans who attend home and away and allows loyal supporters to purchase tickets first can only be a good thing. I suspect it would also include expenditure at the club shop and maybe the food and drink outlets.

I know Burnley have a points system and a two tier priority for the purchase of away tickets for season ticket holders (3000 points and 5000 points). You also get points for merchandise purchased that you can redeem against the cost of tickets and further purchases. They also have a rule that only members will be sold cup final tickets. (I know that is hardly going to apply to us, but hey ho!).

I know many feel that this is all pointless (excuse pun) at the moment, but who knows what the future holds?

The club should be given credit for at least asking us for our opinion. My thought is 350 points for a season ticket and 10 points for a ticket home or away. Points allocated to the member for whom the ticket is for. If a ticket is purchased for a non member the points would go to the member who bought it.
  • Will they back date mine to 1982!

Keep it simple like the England fans.

2 caps for home and away matches

2 caps for renewing your ST simple

After 2 years, year 1 drops off to enable new fans to catch up if needed

Don’t agree with merchandise being rewarded
  • edited May 2018

And what about those who have had season tickets the last 4 seasons?

They should be last in the queue for giving Duchatelet money for the past 2 years.
  • edited May 2018

And what about those who have had season tickets the last 4 seasons?

They should be last in the queue for giving Duchatelet money for the past 2 years.
    They should be forced to lick his teeth.

Actually, I wouldn’t wish that on a rabid dog.
  • IdleHans said:

I've sent an email asking them to reinstate the International Addicks. Of course getting a ticket hasn't been a problem for years but during the Premier League days Ian Cartwright used to sort out tickets for those registered as an overseas fan. I'm prepared to pay for the privilege, provided Roland isn't in charge!

Now with the new influx of Aussie fans in addition to us loyal Charlton-supporting expats, the clamour for tickets from overseas will be unprecedented :wink::smile:

New Valley Express: Sydney, Bangkok, Singapore, Dubai, Kidbrooke, The Valley
    I bet it still beats the one from down here to the Valley. ;)
  • Why do we need a loyalty scheme? When we have managed for years without one! Also what happens to the fans that live miles away and can only get to a few games?
  • Why do we need a loyalty scheme? When we have managed for years without one! Also what happens to the fans that live miles away and can only get to a few games?

Because every time there is a popular away game with restricted capacity, there are lots of complaints about unfairness in ticket allocation.

I don't know what the answer is, but agree with the idea of a points system, with points for season ticket holders, VG members, home match day tickets and away match day tickets bought via the club.

Whether the away tickets should be graded is an interesting one. Should a Tuesday midweek game at Rochdale get more points than a Saturday match at somewhere more local (e.g. Luton or Southend)
  • The loyalty scheme will be replaced with a membership scheme once we have new owners